Name the Character(s) Best Fit SEASON 2

Huh…never thought of it like that before.

3 Likes

There are two components to Metal Men: the metal themselves, and the advanced Responsometer devices which give them life. To deal with the metal itself, I’d enlist Doctor Polaris to tie them up in metal knots. And for the responsometers, I’d have Kilg%re hack his way right through them.

3 Likes

To take on all the Metal Men at once, you’re going to need to be quick to adapt and have a lot to bring rob the fight. I’m sending Amazo! And then, to deal with any technical issues that come up, Lex Luthor is coming along to be the brains of the operation.

4 Likes

OPERATION: DEADLY ALCHEMY

With the use of the Philosopher’s Stone, Doctor Alchemy can easily storm right in and turn the metal men into putty (or any other material that you’d like ). He’s not much of a fighter, and it could take a while for him to work his way in. Solomon Grundy could offer a proper distraction so that Alchemy could get in and do what he needs to do.

3 Likes

OPERATION: A POUND OF METAL

THE PARASITE STRIKES! But since the Metal Men are artificial life, he can only drain most of their energy, and not their alloy-based special abilities. Horribly depleted, the Metal Men are still now helpless against the smashing power and heavily armored body of Metallo!

Doc Magnus will be YEARS putting our heroes back together again.

2 Likes

OPERATION: WHEN YOU’RE HOT, YOU’RE HOT
I read you, Wilson. I’ve arranged with Doctor Polaris and Volcana to deal with this problem. Polaris will lead the assault, using his magnetic abilities to control the Metal Men and get them into one place. At this point, Volcana’s responsibility is to liquify them. As long as they can be kept liquid and balled together by magnetism, they’ll be relatively harmless. Polaris and Volcana just have to keep them in that state until they can sift out the responsometers. If they are responsive to magnetism, Polaris can use his abilities to separate them from the inert metal, and if not, simply bringing material from the center of the liquid metal glob to the outside repeatedly will eventually cause the responsometers to be pushed out and drop to the ground.

Then they can drop this big metal sphere and maybe you can use it as a sculpture or something.

2 Likes

OPERATION: MEN IN BLACK

So like many, my first idea was also to exploit the Metal Men’s magnetic weakness. However, after some research, I discovered that for the most part, this route would be ineffective for the majority of the team. Gold, Mercury, Lead, Tin, and Copper are all non-magnetic. One property that all of the metals share to some degree though is the property to conduct heat and electricity. Thus, my choices for this assignment are Black Adam and Blackfire. Black Adam will hit the metal men with some of his magic lightning, and Blackfire will melt them with her energy projection. If any of the metal men somehow have a contingency and prove to be resistant to heat or electricity, the raw power that Black Adam and Blackfire posses together should be sufficient to overcome the Metal Men. Additionally, between the heat and electricity, the Metal Men’s responsometer should either melt or short-circuit.

3 Likes

Throw back to @BatJamag’s old “Create an Evil Plan” thread by the way! It never really picked up as much of a following as this thread unfortunately, but @BabyJamagsbeest was consistently creative and inventive with his prompts, so it was always fun to answer them anyway.

3 Likes

This is the first time I’ve done a villain prompt.

2 Likes

Agh, I wanted to check how many of them are magnetic, but I was on my phone and didn’t have much time. I was hoping it would only be one or two and it would still be reasonable for the bad Doctor to ball them all together, but… uh… oops.

2 Likes

@BabyJamagsbeest

Well to be completely fair, all metals are at least somewhat magnetic, and given the extent of Doctor Polaris’ powers, it’s conceivable he could control metals that are usually very weakly magnetic.

1 Like

Of course, heat and magnetism can cancel each other out…

2 Likes

Look, it works for the same reason lightning bolts and lab chemicals give you super speed, alright?

3 Likes

That’s a point, yes

2 Likes

Lol, you guys crack me up sometimes.

1 Like

Today’s winner is…@yoyofroyo!!!

It was a close call between @JeepersItsTheJamags and @YoYoFroYo. But @MisfitH was somewhat correct. Dr Polaris is weak to extreme heat, causing your scenario to back fire. Otherwsie it was a great plan.

Well done everyone!!! Hope to see you next time on…NAME THE CHARACTER(S) BEST FIT!!!

2 Likes

Week 1 scoreboard:

@TornadoSoup-1

@YoYoFroYo-1

2 Likes

Week 1; episode 3: You Spin my Planet Right Round

(inspired by yesterday’s magnetism topic)

Dr. Polaris woke up one morning with a diabolical plan. He was going to change the polarity of…the…WORLD!!!
But his abilities were a bit too weak for him to do it alone. Therefore he went on over to his fellow villain, Lex Luthor. With luthor’s money, resources, and brains, he was going to build a power enhancer specifically designed for his magnetic field powers. After a week or two of brainstorming and testing, they finally made it…the…the…magneticfeildpowerenhancer-
inator!!! Well Dr Polaris put it on, and with it he reversed the polarity of Earth, causing the whole orbital order of the solar system to go all wack. Choose two heroes that will be able to bring balance to the orbital order before planetal collision, and stop Dr Polaris from making the situation any worse. Please explain. Good luck!!! [ P.S. It would be a bad idea to use anyone with magnetic abilities seeing that using them would just make the situation even worse.]

3 Likes

OPERATION: SOCIAL FUNCTION
First, we’ll have to shut down Polaris to stop the catastrophe from escalating. For this job, I choose Plastic Man. Per JLA #59, Plastic Man has no metal whatsoever in his body, and thus is completely immune to even an enhanced Polaris. He’ll approach using his shapeshifting abilities to prevent being noticed, ambush Polaris, and remove the magneticfeildpowerenhancer-inator.

Meanwhile, we’ll need someone with the raw power to force the planets back into their usual alignment. I like to avoid omnipotent characters, so the Spectres and Doctor Manhattans of the multiverse are off the table. And unless we’re looking at Pre-Crisis Superman, nobody can physically move the planets into place through sheer brute strength.

As such, we’re going to adjust the planets’ movement through pure gravitational force. If another planet were to do a flyby of our solar system at a calculated trajectory to pull the planets out of their collision course, the damage could be limited.

Mogo needs to socialize.

3 Likes

OPERATION: THE DARK MITE RETURNS!

This is an overly complicated plan full of solutions, more problems, solutions to those problems, new problems to take the places of the old ones once, and so on. For my heroes, I choose the World’s Finest themselves, Superman and Batman. First of all, the world will be in utter panic following the reversal of the polarity. Knowing that two of their greatest heroes are on the job will ease the public . Still, things need to be done fast so that irreparable damage is not done. So Batman will have to do something unexpected.

He’ll have to call Bat-Mite.

(Note, Bat-Mite is less of a hero here than a tool. No offense directed towards Bat-Mite or any other denizens of the 5th Dimension)

Now, Bat-Mite can easily undo the damage Dr. Polaris did. From there, Superman and Batman can easily take down the two villains (they’ve done it before, after all). Batman’s tech skills will also be useful in taking down the magneticfeildpowerenhancer-inator so that Dr. Polaris is no longer over-powered (Superman should be able to provide more than enough of a distraction for Bats to do his thing. Hack it with the Batcomputer, rewire the circuits, hit it with a Batarang… I don’t know what would be required to take it down, but he could do it).

Luthor and Dr. Polaris are down now! Yay! Now there’s just the problem of Bat-Mite to deal with. But this isn’t just normal Bat-Mite. This is a Bat-Mite who knows he’s owed a favor. The Mite is essentially the biggest Bat-Fan of all time, and any Bat-Fan would want to see a battle between Batman and one of his greatest enemies LIVE, right? But… Joker and his incongruous ilk aren’t exactly easy to work with. Still, there is someone there…

(Now, obviously Batman wouldn’t know anything about this, but with Bat-Mite’s multiversal knowledge, he would, and Bruce could get this information out of him)

Basically, in order to appease Bat-Mite, Superman and Batman must recreate their battle from the Dark Knight Returns. Bat-Mite would be overjoyed to see it play out in front of him (even if Superman and Batman don’t exactly understand why) and would then leave again, in accord with the agreement made. The world would be saved and the little imp would be sent away.

2 Likes