My (No Longer) Measly Mezco Menagerie

The spandex suits have come a long way since early versions so I think a new Superman could be pretty sleek.

4 Likes

Putting up some pics after getting the bats together. I moved sovereign knight to the case that will eventually have Wonder Woman and Dr Fate (both release by March which means probably July).
Poor Mezco Moon Knight stands alone.
I’m sure I will change my mind but I think the blue Sovereign Knight is my favorite followed by Shadow Supreme Knight. All of the Supreme versions are pretty good. Ascending is my least favorite because the suit is kind of mediocre compared to the rest, but I love the ears.
I am missing the all black Ascending, onyx Sovereign, and the all black sovereign that came with Black Mask. None of them are affordable so I don’t anticipate changing this display any time soon.

4 Likes

Awesome!

3 Likes

Added Aquaman because I have no impulse control and with Wonder Woman and the new Superman coming up eventually I want to stay up to date on League characters. Hopefully Martian Manhunter and a new Flash will happen. And I win the lottery.

5 Likes

:joy:

I know this feeling all too well. Congrats on the pick up.

Stop giving me ideas…

3 Likes

No. Learn from me. Be better.

4 Likes

Added Dr. Fate to the group and traded cases with the Mafex. Knowing Wonder Woman should be arriving in the next few weeks I was going to wait but no matter what I do I can’t keep pollen outdoors. WHERE IT BELONGS! So I don’t want these expensive figures sitting out. I think WW will be ok in front without obscuring Darkseid and that Superman is probably a year away so this should last awhile.

Poor Moon Knight has no peers and he is in some ways Marvel’s Batman so he has a new home. This figure is too great, and pure white, to sit outside of a case.
I liked this display when I set it up but I’m thinking of consolidating.

Mezco downsized the box for Dr. Fate which I very much appreciate but I have to say I like the logo boxes more. Not that I have space but the old would work well for backdrops.

And lastly, the Mafex have a new home, even though it’s too small. I would love to show the full glory of the capes, and not have them crooked, but oh well. It’s the only case that fits the shelf.

5 Likes

Playing musical chairs with figures on your shelves? Been there; still doing that :slightly_smiling_face:. Your Mezco One:12 collection is coming along very nicely. JL starting to take shape. You gonna try to hunt down the comics Flash? With the upcoming Superman, that would be the only one missing from the “Big 6”. If they ever make a Martian Manhunter and/or a Cyborg…

Sorry… I don’t mean to give you bad, very $$$ ideas :joy:.

4 Likes

Thanks for enabling but I’m too non-rich to hunt down The Flash. I have looked at the knockoffs but it feels wrong, for the moment. There’s probably a decent chance they end up doing a new Flash anyway so I can wait (until 2022 at the earliest). I would be all over Martian Manhunter but I’m an Original 7 purist so no Cyborg for me. I had to get Fate because he was one of my favorite Super Powers. A Hawkman would be tempting but probably expensive enough to resist.
Saying this will jinx it but I think after WW, and the announced Superman and speculation Manhunter, I can give Mezco a rest.

4 Likes

Truth be told, financially speaking, I shouldn’t have made half the DC purchases I have made so far. I don’t mean to goad you on with that. It’s just the “too non-rich” comment hit a chord with me :joy:

To be honest, before I started reading comics in 2011, I only had slight familiarity with MM from animation. The first JL comic I read was New 52, hence the Cyborg reference. Conceptually speaking, he’s one of my favorite characters after the Trinity, but I don’t see him used enough nowadays, let alone there being decent figures or statues of him.

Circling back to Mezco, I really thought they would continue the ZSJL 3 packs, and give us a high end Cyborg. Feel like if Mezco made him, he’d be a home run. Looks like we’re just getting the Superman, Batman, Flash 3 pack. That will look… odd on the shelf without the rest of the team.

2 Likes

I think the momentum is fading but I would be surprised if they don’t do more ZSJL because they would just have to make Cyborg and repackage Aquaman and WW.

3 Likes

After 1 year (and 1 week), Wonder Woman has arrived. No doubts that she looks great but I don’t know that she’s any better than cheaper versions. For me, the beauty of Mezco is found in the costumes, because they’re very close to seamless and unique, and also the articulation. The nature of the WW costume means a lot more skin and exposed joints. Her body type also makes the joints feel more delicate because they’re thinner than what a more muscular body type allows for. Her accessories are great but the the way I display them in a case means I don’t do much switching around. In a bigger case a weapons rack would be cool. Ultimately I’m glad I got her because she belongs in my growing Mezco collection. I’m relieved that the next one (Superman) is probably a year away because I have no idea where he will fit.

5 Likes

Wow! Really awesome :sunglasses:

5 Likes

I like her. Is her armor a separate piece fitted onto the body, like the classic one, or a molded part of the sculpt? I hear you on liking the full cloth costumes more. I’m guessing why that’s why they haven’t tried to make a JL movie Cyborg. Kinda hard to do accurately for Wonder Woman though, since certain parts are actually hard armor. Mine should be getting here any day now.

3 Likes

The shoulder and neck armors are individual pieces that I didn’t try out yet. Are those what you meant?

4 Likes

No I knew that. What I meant is Wonder Woman’s “top” for lack of a better term. In the classic version it’s actual “armor” made of hard rubber. It severely limits the ab crunch, but you can feel it’s slight tug underneath when you try to bend it.

3 Likes

Oh, it’s a separate but attached piece so yeah the torso articulation is pretty limited.

4 Likes

I moved over the summer which resulted in a new setup. I ended up leaving several Mezco Batman figures in their boxes so the collection is sort of measly again.

The new place has a built in desk and shelves.

I cut this out of the Sunday comics a very long time ago and decided to frame it. It’s missing two panels that I guess I cropped as an impulsive youth.

3 Likes

It’s amazing!
:star_struck:

Thanks!

1 Like