My (No Longer) Measly Mezco Menagerie

Thank you.

3 Likes

@moro
I don’t think there’s any surprise I added the PX Ascending Knight. The blue is awesome but the suit is meh. It’s a shame they didn’t make substantial changes like with the Sovereign and Supreme variants.
When the Supreme ones finally ship, Moon Knight may lose his spot in the clubhouse.

4 Likes

I have that one. One of my favorite Batman figures. I like how Mezco incorporates elements from the comics, while adding their own unique spin.

Your prodding has (partially) resulted in two new Mezco pre-orders. Black/gray version of Supreme Knight and modern Wonder Woman. Also, still kicking myself for not going for the 1989 Batman. Joined the waitlist, but not sure if anything will come out of that. They need to do an update to the classic comic Supes along with a Lynda Carter Wondy. That would complete my Mezco One:12 wishlist.

In the meantime my bank account is crying while the wife gives me a stern look :joy:

2 Likes

3 Likes

This guy finally came in after almost 6 months of (understandable) delays. I love the wire in the cape and will keep looking for cool poses. I have the PX version on preorder and the Shadow version so I’m going to need a bigger case. I painted the background and it’s totally blocked now. And poor Moon Knight got evicted.

5 Likes

He looks… darker than the prototype pictures. Or are my eyes just looking for the shiny bits from the “shadow” edition?

Congrats… looks great next to the other ones. Think mine comes in on Saturday. Will probably reshuffle everything and stow away many pieces to freshen up the display. Will share pics :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I think the lighting plays a role in that spot but the suit is a darker grey than the others. I’m looking forward to seeing the PX but Entertainment Earth lists it as February and BBTS has it October so who knows.

6 Likes

That actually looks a lot more like what I was expecting. Nice!

2 Likes

Just got this. I don’t know how my Mezco problem started but it is very strong.
I ordered this more as a “well I’ve got most of the others so why not?” but man I’m glad I did. I like the different insignia and will probably stick with the skinnier bat.

5 Likes

Didn’t the pre-order for that just happen? That was quick!

Happy for you of course, but judging by your pictures, I’m glad I didn’t budge. Too monotone black for my liking.

2 Likes

They must have had it all in stock before posting it. Yet somehow the PX version is months behind.
The all black somehow works really well, maybe better in person than the photos. It feels like a mix between comic and Keaton and Bale. And it has the best cape so far.
Maybe I’ll play around with pics tomorrow in better light.

3 Likes

These were taken on my porch for better light and you were right. The silver accents are much darker than what the promo pics seemed to show but the more I look at it the more I love it. If I was decent at customizing I would try a yellow oval insignia. But I’m not.

I’m looking forward to the PX version then hope they give Batman a rest (except a new Beyond) and have the modern Wonder Woman preordered. I would love them to do the theme of career timelines with Superman now.

5 Likes

Nice pics! Still not a fan of the all black. It’s a hard look to pull off to my liking. Lee Bermejo does a great job of it (I like all the accents and details in that costume; one of my favorites). Just a matter of personal taste though.

I’d be totally on board for a series of Superman figures from Mezco, with different looks chronicling his career. Golden age, John Byrne, black regeneration suit, New 52, Reborn, and current suit with the cuffs, maybe even some red blue electric action.

I too have modern Wonder Woman on PO, along with the Christopher Reeve Superman. Not very clear to me how I’ll be organizing stuff, but looking forward to them both.

2 Likes

I make bad choices. This whole Mezco thing is becoming a problem. I updated my display but the pics are all glare.
I thought this looked bad for a long time but warmed up to it after (foolishly) reading reviews. Some of the characters who have seamless costumes look strange when it transitions to the neck and head in plastic but this one is pretty great. I’m on the fence whether I wish the wings were a brighter red like the symbol but I do wish the wings had movement.

5 Likes

Adding the PX version of Supreme Knight. I’m missing 3 versions that I’m unlikely to track down due to price (Ascending and Sovereign onyx versions and the Sovereign that came with Black Mask). I’m very ready for them to stop Batman and expand on Superman because 1 comic version will satisfy me. I have Wonder Woman on order and when she comes in I’m going to put her and the blue Sovereign in with Darkseid and hope for a new comics Superman.
Pictures are somewhat repetitive. I’m really liking the glittery blue on Supreme. I would say overall that blue Sovereign is my favorite. Several of the Supreme come close but the boots are so clunky and the belt is a little too big.
I’m also glad this came out so I can finally stop opening and closing the damned display box.

4 Likes

Sweet display! Still think the PX Ascending and Standard Supreme Knight eat the cake, but there’s definite bias there because they’re the two that I have :slightly_smiling_face:.

An update to their comics Superman is long long overdue.

4 Likes

Thanks.
I’m really surprised they haven’t gone back to Superman. I believe he was one of their first figures and since then-ish they have done 10 versions of Batman, 2 Wonder Woman, and even 2 Green Lanterns (I’m so mad I didn’t get Hal). Plus a few Jokers and at least 2 Harley. I would like to see something that is a mix between the classic suit and the Rebirth suit. And I would be able to successfully resist the variants I’m sure they would make.

3 Likes

I think they did a Red Son variant of that old one. Something I have no interest in. If they do the current, classic suit with cuffs, I’d be satisfied, but hope they put a Mezco spin on it with some additional detailing. If Batman and Wonder Woman can receive such treatment, one would think Supes would be deserving of it. Cancelled my pre-order of the Reeve Superman. Decided I have enough of that in my collection.

3 Likes

Your Mezco collection is coming along very nicely @SWhite- very cool! :+1: BTW- was wondering what the name of this Mezco fig in black is called? Been looking for it everywhere but I can’t find it.

UPDATE: nevermind- I found it on eBay. :smile:

4 Likes

Thanks. This all started with “only “ Sovereign Knight and then quickly went off the rails.
I was lucky enough to get the Shadow version when it was announced. At first I was just being a completist but I really like it.

3 Likes