My Comic Collection - The Sorting!

Been there, done that SO many times! I have a box full of just doubles as I’ve been going through my collection.

6 Likes

Happens to me all the time. I am trying to get rid of some of my duplicate and triplicate covers as soon as I get some of this stuff organized and sorted.

5 Likes

Sometimes, that works out in my favor due to the value of a comic but generally it never works out like that.

6 Likes

Yeah, haven’t been quite that lucky yet…LOL

6 Likes

I also like that CLZ lets you mark which variant you have. My biggest complaint is that those Archie digests that I love are hardly ever up to date on there.

6 Likes

I actually was!!! I picked up 100 comics for $50 at a sale. Most of the books were Superman/Batman and those are worth more than I thought they would be.

6 Likes

I read the first 2 but I didn’t stick with it. Not that it was bad. I found the first wave of AWA to be very well made, but also very safe.

I haven’t read a new AWA book in some time to be honest, but that’s because I prefer books doing something a little more adventerous than what I was getting out of AWA. Felt very traditional and safe and then I would read an IMAGE or BOOM! book that was doing widescreen style panels, color coded dialogue, palindrome issues, etc. and those were experiences that stuck with me at the time.

5 Likes

I have picked up every trade that has been released thus far. I think Resistance, while it has that safe feeling, is amazing. Hotell is also very out of the box, well maybe not very, but it is out of the box considering it was a horror anthology.

5 Likes

Yup. These are facts.

5 Likes

I think Bad Mother was really good as well. I like that they are willing to take chances on stories that aren’t exactly fit for comics. The feeling safe thing makes sense as the big goal for them is to branch out into other media. Considering they have Garth Ennis on the board of directors I can imagine we will be seeing some more off the wall stuff soon.

5 Likes

I also have been really digging what Boom has been doing. I think the horror line that they have been releasing is among the best in all of comics.

5 Likes

HOTELL is probably the one that is most recomended to me. Everyone really seemed to enjoy that, so I’ll probably grab the trade if I stumble across it at some point.

RESISTANCE had luke warm reception initally, but it’s really been talked about lately since MOTHS dropped and they are showing their ‘connected universe’ cards. People are already talking about the one that drops in September, TELEPATHS, I think.

5 Likes

BOOM! has been knocking it out of the park for the last ~2 years. I like a lot of the series they are running.

4 Likes

The biggest upside to AWA TPBs is the price. They are all $9.99.

Boom had what I consider to be the best Humble Bundle of the year so far. It had trades for Something Is Killing The Children and many other books that I have read way too fast. There is also a current Power Ranger bundle right now. $25 for 46 books, some are single issues but majority of the books are trades.

5 Likes

I do want to check out BAD MOTHER. But yeah I think they are doing what is best for their goals so no blame there. They sell consistently so good on them.

I didn’t realize that. One of the best thing about IMAGE Vol. 1’s.

I’m going to have to look that up. Didn’t even hear about it but that sounds like a steal!

4 Likes

The downside is the Power Rangers comics are all in .epub but you can change the extension to .cbz and you are good to go!

5 Likes

And now…the final totals!!

Separate titles - 1697

Individual issues - 13,952

Really thought I was going to make 14,000, but not quite there…yet! :slight_smile: Next phase for the room will be finding which artwork/posters to hang in there to fully immerse myself in my geekdom.

9 Likes

Wow, that’s impressive! :scream: Hopefully you’ll decide on the perfect set of posters to round out your room - you’ll have to share pictures once you’re finished if you’re comfortable with it. :smiley:

8 Likes

I most definitely will! Thank you… :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Oh wow that is quite a collection!

7 Likes