My Batman Collection

Those are gorgeous additions to your collection, @KeyFamily! :astonished:

2 Likes

Thank you, @KamAndi80! They are some of my favorites for those reasons as well. After I took the pictures, I left them out to read. It’s been a while since I last picked them up and flipping through seeing that incredible artwork drew me right back in!

1 Like

Thank you so much, @ZatannaAndHerSpells!

1 Like

I love my Batman: White Knight series. It is an exceptionally unique tale that flips the script on Batman in a way that is truly unforgettable. HIGHLY recommended read!

I’m still picking up Issues #1 & 2, but it’s fun to have a comic that you’re searching for in the shops.

I have both variant covers of Issue #6.

Here is a spread from Issue #6. Check out that artwork!

6 Likes

I actually have one of these little dudes as well, but don’t keep it with the shelved items. The other went to my grandparents (consider it like the turtle doves in Home Alone 2) in an effort to turn them into Batman fans.

The bear ended up being a comfort for my Grandpa, who went into the hospital not long after I delivered it. Yesterday, he passed away and I am deeply saddened but forever grateful that we have a connection through these dolls. :heart:

8 Likes

Sorry to hear of your Grandpa 's passing @KeyFamily. Will be sending prayers and positive energy for you and your family.

3 Likes

Thank you so much, @KamAndi80. I really appreciate the warm thoughts.

2 Likes

@KeyFamily So sorry about your grandpa. My prayers are with you.:pray:

4 Likes

Thank you, @TravisMorgan. That means a lot.

4 Likes

Thanks very much for the compliment @KeyFamily! I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you and your family are doing as well as can be during this time.

3 Likes

Thank you so so much, @javitru. I appreciate the well wishes.

2 Likes

There are a lot of cool items in my Batman collection but Batman: Ego is hands down, my most cherished print edition. The book is absolutely stunning and has equally impressive pages inside. Come take a look!

Front

Back

Ego imprinted cover

Sample spreads

Various art styles - love the pops of vintage

Arguably my favorite page in the book with that rain and playful lighting arrangement. I spent a few minutes just staring on my first read and remember audibly gasping, it’s that beautiful!

Classic Batman: Ego

HIGHLY recommended if you haven’t already had the pleasure! :relaxed:

10 Likes

@KeyFamily, that is a great book! I’m a huge fan of Cooke’s art!

So much so I bought this art from Mondo’s Batman 80 Gallery last year!

12 Likes

Also picked up the Essentials Knightfall figures on Wednesday!

8 Likes

Wow wow wow, @javitru! That is a really neat piece! Killer matte black frame and the print looks to be a nice size too!

I love that you take your figures out of the box. Those are super cool! The book looks awesome too. I haven’t started on Knightfall yet, but I’m looking forward to reading it.

Thank you for sharing with us in the thread!

2 Likes

@javitru Awesome pics! Thanks for posting. I love photos of figures or statues with the related comic as a backdrop.

I am waiting on my McFarlane Batman 1000 figure to arrive so I can display it with my Detective Comics 1000.

2 Likes

I also have a Bat Signal nightlight!

10 Likes

Thanks very much! I think it’s 34”x20”. The framing wasn’t my choice, so I can’t take credit for how good it looks. I bought the display piece off the wall, so I had to wait till the exhibition was over to take it home! It’s my second Mondo Gallery purchase! The first was a B:TAS piece the year prior.

10 Likes

@KeyFamily there was also a green variant which reminded me of the Lazarus Pit, but I went for the more Indiana Jones look!

Hope you like enjoy Knightfall when you get to it! I’ve managed to collect most of the issues from that 9 volume set, but I’m looking forward to actually reading it in order for once as I dipped in and out when it came out in issue form.

8 Likes

@KamAndi80 yeah, I love doing that! I was pretty thrilled to find this Detective issue at my shop last year so I could finally take this picture with my first Black & White!

10 Likes