Musical References in DC

Batman: Beyond the White Knight #1: The Clash, & Slayer of Souls is a Christian band…so…I included it just in case…

Animal Man #53: Iggy Pop- The Passenger.

1 Like

Animal Man #57: Jesus Wants Me As A Sunbeam-Christian Hymn circa 1905, The Vaselines, or…my guess. Nirvana- Jesus Doesn’t Want Me For A Sunbeam. Comic issued 1994, Nirvana’s version 1993. I actually Googled for once lol.

1 Like

Animal Man #57: Frank Sinatra.

JSA #46: Madonna- Lucky Star.

With Obsidian riffing with it…

JSA #49: James Brown- Papa’s Got A Brand New Bag.

Batman: Prelude to the Wedding: Batgirl vs. Riddler #1: Frank Zappa, & David Bowie.

1 Like

Action Comics #681: Ratt. graffiti. During the exact time period Ratt was a huge deal!!!

Suicide Squad #14: Eminem. @bigblock66 i found our boy again….

2 Likes

Unearthed: A Jessica Cruz Story #1: La Chona- Los Tucanes De Tijuana.

MAD presents Batman #1: Commodores- Brick House measurements…

@capo-mage haha. That’s awesome!
Love it!:sunglasses::hugs::metal:t2::metal:t2::metal:t2:

1 Like

Batman 89’ #5: N.W.A.- @#$& The Police.

Batman 89’ #5: Ornette Coleman.

Ty @bigblock66 !!! My bad. I’m dealing with some medical issues so this is the 1st x I’ve been able to log on since 2 Sundays ago…so apologies for the delay in response time. Idk how long I’ll last today? But, everything is, & will be, just fine eventually :grinning:

Harley Quinn Breaking Glass: Taylor Swift- You Belong With Me. & Elvis.

DC Comics Presents #49: Adam and The Ants. perfect choice cuz Adam Ant had a solo hit with “Goody Two Shoes” which sums up Billy perfectly…

1 Like

Mister Miracle: The Great Escape: Float On-The Floaters, I Heard it Through The Grapevine- Marvin Gaye, Stubborn Kind of Fella- Marvin Gaye, Tears Of A Clown- Smokey Robinson & The Miracles, Don’t You Worry Bout A Thing- Stevie Wonder, We Are Family- Sister Sledge, It’s Gonna Take a Miracle- Deniece Williams.

DC House of Horror #1: Madonna- Crazy For You.

Jimi Hendrix.

DC House of Horror #1: Cake, Blink 182, Eve, Pink (either just Pink or Floyd, leaning towards the latter), Ziggy Stardust. All guesses lol. Might be just words?

John Constantine Hellblazer: City of Demons #1: Talking Heads- Once in a Lifetime (lyrics aren’t exact, but it is what song they’re referencing).