Musical References in DC

I have no clue if he’s an Autry fan lol. I see your point as he’s the original. Just a judgement call, b/c, although he does say back in the saddle again- it’s like one time per hook. Aerosmith’s version has nonstop “I’m backs” in it? Add in year of release & I doubt whoever made that call was even aware that Gene Autry sung a song by the same name. But I shouldn’t say version b/c , besides the title, the lyrics are completely different. I do appreciate being kept on my toes tho, & I can’t say I’m right or your wrong. Could be either or? I do usually give it to the original or at least mention them even if I don’t believe it’s their version being referenced. Just a gut feeling really???

2 Likes

Future State: Suicide Squad #1: Mexican Folk Song- La Cucaracha.

4 Likes

The Other History of the DC Universe #2: Wynton Marsalis.

3 Likes

Future State: Swamp Thing #2: Tool- Schism lyrics. ( I know the pieces fit, because I watched them fall away). Ravenna,
Ohio’s own Tool.

3 Likes

Static #18: The Cranberries, Wu Tang Klan, Queen, Onyx, White Zombie, Body count, Frank Sinatra, R,E.M. - What’s the Frequency Kenneth, Sinead O’Connor,

4 Likes

The Joker Presents: A Puzzlebox #5: Frank Sinatra- Under My Skin.

3 Likes

Batman: The Second Son #8: Coachella.

2 Likes

Hellblazer: Rise & Fall #1: Elton John- Tiny Dancer.

3 Likes

Hellblazer: Rise & Fall #3: Elton John- Tiny Dancer again…

3 Likes

Legends of the DC Universe #33: John Lennon- Instant Karma.

3 Likes

Legends of the DC Universe #36: Roxy Music- The Thrill of it All.

The Roxy is a music venue on Sunset Blvd. I guess it’s a double use. Because if u zoom in, it says The Thrill of it All on the billboard. So…Roxy the venue, plus using it as a reference to that band & song I guess?

3 Likes

IZombie #4: (Play On) The Beatles- Magical Mystery Tour.

3 Likes

IZombie #5: The Beatles - Play On Abbey Road.

3 Likes

DC Love is a Battlefield #1: Alanis Morissette- Ironic. play on lyrics & the title itself-Pat Benatar- Love is a Battlefield.

3 Likes

The Blood Syndicate #12: Method Man.

3 Likes

The Blood Syndicate #12: Compay Segundo- Guantanamera.

2 Likes

Swamp Thing #1 (‘2,000-2001’): B-52’s- Rock Lobster & David Bowie.

2 Likes

iZombie #12: The Monkees.

3 Likes

iZombie #16: The Payback- James Brown. lyrics & referenced.

3 Likes

Future State: Superman Worlds of War #2: Count Basie, Art Tatum, & Duke Ellington.

I’m at my limit again lol stuck here til someone types anything?

Batman/Catwoman #3: Joker singin a holiday classic.

The American Way #1: Dave Brubeck

4 Likes