Musical References in DC

Green Lantern #123: The Doors- Break On Through.

4 Likes

Green Lantern #123: The Beatles- With a Little Help From My Friends.

3 Likes

Green Lantern #138: Shirley Bassey- Big Spender.

3 Likes

Green Lantern #140: Miles Davis.

Joe Raposo- Bein’ Green.

3 Likes

Green Lantern #151: Aerosmith- Back in the Saddle.

4 Likes

Future State: Dark Knight Detective #1: The Beatles- Eleanor Rigby.

4 Likes

The Blood Syndicate #10: Onyx-Slam! (hat.)

Only made that jump b/c Milestones history of musical references especially hip-hop & the comic was released 93-94’ Slam debuted in 93’.

3 Likes

I love that from frame to frame (artist to artist?) the KMFDM logo goes off center to just be “KMF” or some such.

2 Likes

I know lol. I was going with it with just the top pic. That bottom one didn’t come in for many panels later. I was like…oh ty for that cuz I was sure. But I didn’t really have anything to prove it b4 I saw that bottom panel. I kept saying KMFDM is gonna rock ya’ in my head lol.

2 Likes

My brain always goes for DOING IT AGAIN.

Maybe the KMF shirts were just ahead of their time. (There’s a song KMF on their latest album.) Probably a result of Zero Hour?

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: :clap::ok_hand: nicely done.

3 Likes

Green Lantern #155: The Beatles- Strawberry Fields memorial grave site of John Lennon in NY.

3 Likes

Green Lantern #158: Aerosmith- Back in the Saddle.

4 Likes

Future State: The Next Batman #2: Sex & The City Theme song.

4 Likes

Future State: Shazam #1: Elton John- Solar Prestige a Gammon.

3 Likes

Future State: Superman: Worlds of War #1: David Bowie- Space Oddity.

4 Likes

Legends of the Dark Knight #3: Storm Weather Shanty Choir- Farewell and Adieu/ Spanish Ladies.

4 Likes

Legends of the Dark Knight #3: The Paul McCartney Project- Those Were the Days. Or All in The Family Theme song (probably I’m thinking?).

3 Likes

A page from Batman and the Outsiders #27 (1985), the conclusion of the team’s first battle with Kobra. During the story, Halo attempts to “find herself” after learning her true origin: she was actually born an Aurakle. As this page shows, Halo accepts that she is now human and has her whole life ahead of her.

The song “Material Girl” is mentioned in the last panel. IIRC, Mike W. Barr later explained the song reference in a letter column, simply suggesting that Halo is now a (then) modern '80s woman.

3 Likes

You don’t think Kyle’s a Gene Autry fan?

2 Likes