Most Underated Comic

I think the Justice Society of America is one of the most underrated comics especially the Geoff Johns run! Let’s not forget Green Arrow : Quiver by Kevin Smith! I just had to get that off my chest, lol

32 Likes

Booster Gold by Geoff Johns from 2007

1 Like

I really liked Demon Knights, I thought it was the only good title to come out of the new 52.

I really enjoyed Teen Titans from the New 52, even if everyone says it’s terrible and hard to follow.

Demon Knights for certain.

1 Like

The first several issues of the Jason Rusch Firestorm were very interesting. He had to join with just any random person to form Firestorm, but it would kill them if they were together too long. I was disappointed when they decided they needed to change direction.

Demon Knights and All Star Western in New 52.
I honestly had no idea those series existed and discovered them completely by accident.

Manhunter will forever be the most underrated title, to me. I am glad others can read it on here now.

1 Like

Yeah, All Star Western is underrated as well.

1 Like

I miss my original favorite books from the early 60s and/or companion stories that never had their own titles: Legion of Superheroes, Doom Patrol, Metal Men, Adam Strange, Atomic Knights, etc.

I did most of my serious book collecting during the Eighties, when I had a great job but was still single :smiley: I also collected various independent publishers, like 2000AD (Judge Dredd, strontium Dogs, Rogue Trooper)

1 Like

New 52 Animal Man is a really under rated series it’s so good and was allowed to have an ending on the writers terms. I think it deserves an omnibus or a hardcover edition. Also even though this would never happen a animal man/swamp thing movie based on the new 52 versions of them would make an amazing horror action movie and could be the rated R movie DC could make money on if marketed correctly.

1 Like

Oh yes, definitely John’s run on Booster Gold! Other comics that don’t get enough respect: The original Metal Men, 70’s Jonah Hex, Len Wein and Jim Aparos’s Phantom Stranger (one of my all-time favorites), and Impulse.

2 Likes

Earth-2

Batman: Whatever Happened To The Caped Crusader?

2 Likes

Earth-2

1 Like

Hawkman by Geoff Johns and Rags Morales.

1 Like

Three comics from the late 60s: Captain Action, Secret Six, and Hawk & Dove. Each one lasted less than 10 issues. I thought each got cancelled way too soon.

Earth-2 is popping up a lot on here. I’m really happy that series is getting its due. Another good modern comic that doesn’t get mentioned enough is Batman and the Signal, which has some really nice art and, of course, it’s written by Scott Snyder.

Justice League Dark

DC New Frontier

1 Like