Moro’s Corner

“mumble mumble CLAWS! CLAWS! every day, closer and closer, CLAWS! mumble mumble snore”

tumblr_p8xqpdZZJ11vbcnq8o1_500

9 Likes

Collector’s Log
Room Update 2023.5
See what I did there?

This is an attempt to capture (almost) everything, so apologies if you find some of it boring and/or repetitive.

Haven’t posted overall pics in a while.

Yeah the couch is gone. The girls took over the wall located behind me where this picture was taken, so my stuff had to move where the couch used to be. The couch? Is sadly no longer with us. My 6 year old got her own pink desk, which can be seen in the second picture. She’s constantly spinning on that chair, and knocking figures over in the cabinet :joy:.

Ok, let’s go display by display. For each one I’ll go overall, then shelf by shelf.

Trinity Cabinet

Superman Cabinet

To the left of the cabinet, you’ll see a box of a 13” DC Superman I recently acquired. I’ll post some thoughts on it and some other recent acquisitions at the end of this post.

Shelf 1 - Miscellaneous DC & Other Stuff

Shelf 2 - McFarlane Super Powers & Other Stuff

Plenty of room for upcoming Super Powers figures & vehicles.

Shelf 3 - Work In Progress

McFarlane’s For Tomorrow Superman statue will go next to Keaton. Hope it fits.

Shelf 4 - McFarlane & Other Stuff

Vintage Super Powers & Other Stuff

McFarlane Justice League

McFarlane World’s Finest

Ok, so the new acquisitions.

As I mentioned there’s that 13” DC Direct Superman from the mid-2000s. Here’s pictures before and after taking out of the box.

Figure looks great, but doesn’t feel great in hand. Flimsy costume and loose joints, so I put it back in the box, and decided to display it that way.

From the Kenner Superman Man of Steel line, I got:

Ultimate Superman (10”)

Fully Poseable Superman (12”)

These two complete everything I wanted to get from that line, which makes for a great looking shelf. Both look and feel really good in hand, especially that 12” Supes. I was surprised how solidly built is. Was also surprised by how nice the face sculpts are in person vs the pictures.

From the Kenner STAS line, I got “Flying”Superman:

This little guy glides! Yes I tried :joy:. Will probably pursue a few more pieces from this Animated Series line.

Then there’s the Mezco One:12 Collective Superman (picture from a few weeks ago).

Came with a ton of accessories, which I don’t have on display.

And the Mezco Fleischer Superman Box Set. Finally found spots for these pieces.

Superman, Clark, and Lois

The “Mechanical Monster” robot can be seen in the background. I thought these mixed in pretty well on this shelf.

The phone booth accessory from that same set went next to these Clark Kents.

The desk with the big statue hasn’t changed a whole lot, so skipping pictures for that.

As always, if you made it this far, thank you :pray:. If you didn’t make it this far, well you’re not reading this, but thank you for stopping by regardless :slightly_smiling_face:.

13 Likes

dude nice! I don’t think I’ve ever seen the whole set up in a pic before, very nice man. That’s super awesome the wife lets you have that room LOL :rofl:

oh also I see they released those Fleischer figs. I might get them, I might just model them myself and print them though. Very cool though congrats man!

7 Likes

what’s up with that wooden sups man? that’s not from the original days is it?

7 Likes

Thanks Aqua. Appreciate the kind words.

The Fleischer Set, is ok. Honestly wasn’t worth the wait. The figures are super tiny, not the best paint apps. The “playset” is cardboard. Phone booth is nicest feature, since you can actually place both the Clark and Superman figures in there and turn a little knob to do the “transformation”. I would say steer clear, unless Fleischer Supes is a must have for you.

7 Likes

oh it is a must but I think I will make my own. I was wanting to make a short animation in that style anyways and will just print the assets.

8 Likes

It is. Circa 1940 or so. First Superman toy ever. This one was “restored”. The face is heavily repainted, and the cape is a repro.

9 Likes

dude I don’t know how to feel about this. I am happy for you but also I think you should give it to me. :hugs:

Oh my gosh the reality of you having that is setting in.
That is awesome dude!

7 Likes

I’ll let my kids know, if it ends up not being worth anything, there’s this guy Aqua on the internet :joy:

7 Likes

ehh… tough odds there :rofl:
That’s awesome man! Super Congrats on that one.

7 Likes

:pray:

7 Likes

Always amazed by you collection.

8 Likes

Thank you :pray:

7 Likes

As always, a real pleasure to peruse. I love seeing how things change over time. It is enjoyable to while away a lazy afternoon rearranging things as you get new acquisitions. I will be doing some work myself when I get a few more pre-orders in.

I always tell myself it’s time to stop, but then they just keep making cool new stuff!

I know what’s going in the middle! I am planning on hanging mine from the ceiling (far away enough from the Star Wars legos so it doesn’t look strange).

7 Likes

Thank you :pray:

Can’t wait to see the results!

Yeah I know. I think about this a lot. At some point, I will have to stop, or at least slow down to a snail’s pace.

Yeah that extra Diana is going in the Invisible Plane when it arrives. I don’t have another riser that’s the same size as those too. I don’t know it will all fit together. I’m thinking vehicles, or portions thereof, can slide underneath those two big risers. We’ll see!

6 Likes

does someone need some custom stands printed? :hugs:

7 Likes

I always do. Man those things are costly. If you have the ability to make ‘em, you may be able to make decent coin selling ‘em.

8 Likes

Yeah no problem bud. Just dm me the specs for diameters and degrees of freedom desired.

7 Likes

@moro- your collection continues to gain in fantasticness with every addition to it. Good stuff as always. :+1:

The never ending cycle. Click. Purchase. Repeat. :smile:

WBTrinity
The Trinity that could have been. :slightly_frowning_face:

10 Likes

Thank you @DC89. Your awesomeness continues to gain in… more awesomeness… with every kind post :hugs:.

Could still be, in a way. Just gotta get the right comic book writer and artist to make it happen on the page :slightly_smiling_face:.

8 Likes