Moro’s Corner

Between @moro and I we have Themyscira pretty well covered. :laughing:

9 Likes

Don’t think my Wonder Woman stuffs can hold a candle to yours, friend :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Yep! :smile:

10 Likes

Love the collection, man :+1: :+1:

9 Likes

Thank you :pray:

8 Likes

Collection room update. Nothing major. I spent some time rearranging a couple areas in the room yesterday (along with stowing away a few things). Needed to clear room on the desk for a couple of statues that I’m expecting later in the year. One of those is pretty big, so I needed to prove to myself that I wasn’t totally deluded that I can find a spot for it when I made the order.

My desk looks like this now:

That space to the right of the big Supes has been freed up. The comic book & baseball (signed by Will Clark if you’re curious) are there for now so it doesn’t look too bare. The art on the wall is another update. I moved a couple frames from another wall to keep things together, and added one I printed at home. Here’s a closeup.

Also on the right of that picture is a birthday present I got from my lovely wife this year. Here’s a closeups of that:

Here’s the two shelves that were completely rearranged as a result.

The McFarlane Super Powers shelf. Wonder Woman & a couple others added, along with the Mego 50th anniversary figures.

This shelf is for… I don’t really know how to categorize these… vinyls? Funko Pops & assorted other little figures.

Got another nice birthday gift this year. Friend bought me this Henry Cavill Superman statue. He bought it second hand and asked me if I knew what line it was from. Hated breaking it to him that it wasn’t officially licensed merchandise. Still looks nice on display though.

Anyone for He-Man or Optimus Prime? Excuse the major need for dusting on this bottom shelf. No plans on adding any more He-Mans. I keep thinking of getting other Optmuses though… Armada, Prime, War For Cybertron, etc. It’s a long list that can lead to serious space problems if pursued. The way I have these two displayed doesn’t really do them justice, so the I’m resisting.

Then there’s this shelf. Honestly, I’m thinking of moving these to the shelf with the Funkos, but I need to get some risers for that to look any good. Again, excuse the dusting situation.

Then there’s this little area. Couldn’t resist the big Imaginexts when I was out with the kids the other day. Christmas ornaments also go here until the tree goes up :slightly_smiling_face:.

And that’s it for updates. There’s a couple minor additions / changes to shelves you’ve seen in previous posts, nothing that warrants new pictures.

Looking at it, I’m happy with the variety of scales and styles in my collection. I like that it runs the gamut from simple kids play things to finely sculpted statues. As always, if you’ve made it this far, I hope you enjoyed what I had to share. Thank you for checking it out :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

I also like to make space for upcoming items. There is much joy in anticipating how things will look.

Your wife is definitely a keeper, that’s for sure! :grin:

You are the first to be awarded my newly minted:

(Snazzy, eh?)

I dabble a bit. Those mini-figs are from the dollar store. Worth every penny.

I am altogether too familiar with the dusting situation. :laughing:

Another enjoyable journey into Moro’s Corner. Thanks for the update.

8 Likes

She is. I’m a lucky man :slightly_smiling_face:.

Indeed; snazzy it is! I am both honored and humbled!

I’m enough of a fan to be able to name all but three of those, gold lady on the left, snake lady (is that Teela?) and big Orco.

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and for the kind words :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Lucky Fellow.

8 Likes

So gold lady and big Orko were from a Mattel 2002 line sculpted by The Four Horseman. The gold lady is Teela. It was a really cool line of figures that I foolishly parted with except for those two.

Snake Lady is also Teela from the original MotU line. In the original mini-comics, she was a clone of a goddess or some such nonsense. The history of the characters is quite convoluted.

9 Likes

Fantastic as always @moro! :+1:

8 Likes

Thank you @DC89 :smiley:

8 Likes

Hey, thank you for the always rad updates to your collection, good sir. I likes what I sees. :superman_hv_4:

The Four Horsemen’s 200X (read as “two-thousand X” for any unaware) MOTU line was indeed really cool.

It was the last MOTU line I took part in while also being the first that I bought at retail (all of the classic MOTU stuff I had prior came from garage sales in the early '90s).

Did you have any of NECA’s “staction” MOTU product that followed the Mattel line?

7 Likes

Game Stop has that Clark/Barry racing statue again in stock and on sale, not for the huge savings you grabbed it for, but last I checked it was about $190, or far less than anyone else has it. I haven’t pulled the trigger because my building has been having theft issues with packages and I also am interested in the Manapul statute (also on sale at McF) and can’t decide between which…

Everything looks very nice, however. Even your army of He-Men!

6 Likes

Thanks @Vroom :pray:. You’re too kind.

9 Likes

Which one is the Manapul statue?

Thanks friend, from both me and the little army of He-Men :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

You have an awesome collection, @moro. I’m jealous!

11 Likes

Thank you @RG02 :pray:

10 Likes

It’s this beauty: https://www.behance.net/gallery/54194115/Statue-of-Francis-Manapul-Flash sculpted by Jonathan Matthews, discounted to $75 at McFarlane online ATM. It was originally released by DC post rebirth and, I’m guessing this is another numbered re-issue.

I didn’t buy it in 2017 (when you could get it at an LCS) because I thought it was too expensive but some $200 fell into my lap last month, that is pure excess cash on top of routine spending money, which has been piling up from before the holidays and usually only allows for a $20 toy. I expected to buy something for myself, and still want to, and can allow a chunk for that (thus that racing statue which is more, still, than I want to spend on ONE thing).

And I only bought one item on a close-out/post holiday sale. I really thought some Black Adam stuff would have popped up, but it’s been all Frozen or Transformers, etc.

9 Likes

Sweet!

9 Likes