:hugs:

I hope so. :crossed_fingers:

:00_wonder_woman_gold: :00_superman1: :00_batman_1989:

9 Likes

That is a fantastic collection @moro!

Here’s a trinity that’s close.

10 Likes

Thank you @TravisMorgan :pray:

I can see that as another version of the Trinity. You can even replace Christopher Reeve with George Reeves and have an all small screen version :slightly_smiling_face:

With all the multiverse stuff, you’d think all these iterations of these characters would have met on the page by now, but I guess there’s legal limitations to what they can actually do :man_shrugging:.

9 Likes

As always, a superb set-up, good sir.

…and yes, I gawked at your Super Powers Clark Kent…as always. :wink:

8 Likes

Thanks Vroom :pray:

Clark’s used to people gawking, just not in that outfit :grin:.

8 Likes

You know, if McFarlane does Clark in their SP line, I just may end up passing on the Kenner version, since McFarlane’s would obviously be a substantially cheaper alternative and one that’s on-card (which Kenner’s never was) as well.

8 Likes

That would certainly be nice, though I think a plain clothed Clark is exactly the type of figure Todd sees as “not cool enough”. I see him doing it in a two-Pack with Supes Or as a harder to find exclusive somewheres.

Side note: So far McFarlane have done a good job of getting the main/well known characters released in the SP line. When the next wave hits, we’ll have a big 6 vanilla Justice League, something we still don’t have in the Multiverse line (cough Diana cough).

I probably just jinxed it. It’s Dark Nights Metal variants from here on out :joy:.

8 Likes

He could always do Clark as a McFarlane Store exclusive and if he does, I’ll buy two.

:grin:

If they want to drop the Dark Knights here and there (say, once a year, max) in the line, I won’t object.

I don’t think they could do all of them on standard single cards though, because The Merciless is way too big for a standard release.

Even if he was scaled like Darkseid, he’d still be too small…and that’s coming from someone who rarely gets their shorts bunched-up over scale. :nerd_face:

Now, if we got a deluxe assortment of larger characters, that’d be the perfect home for The Merciless…and Doomsday, Imperiex, Relic, Giganta, Mongul, Mongal, Ed McGuinness-style Power Armor Lex, Gorilla Grodd, Tar Pit, Girder and literally thousands of other possibilities.

8 Likes

Have you read Batman ‘66 meets Wonder Woman ‘77? It is actually really good.

2/3rds of the Trinity is the best we can do, at least for right now.

8 Likes

I haven’t even read the solo series yet. No that’s a lie; I read some Batman ‘66 In my earlier comic reading days. Not sure where I stopped, to be honest.

I actually should revisit both TV series. Been way too long. Thanks for the tip; will keep it in mind :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Been away from this community for a while. Started with wanting to take a break from collecting. That has recently morphed into downsizing said collection and reclaiming some of the space it occupies. Sold a couple of the more valuable items, gave some to Goodwill, and stored a lot in boxes. It’s mostly the statues that survived the onslaught. I feel a bit relieved already; the space doesn’t feel as cluttered and chaotic, but I will feel even better when the empty shelving find a new home and we really get some real estate back. Needless to say, the habit had gotten a bit out of hand, so I had to take control. No more figure and statue purchases… unless that $500 Action Comics statue goes on clearance for like %80 off or something :joy:. Will share pictures when ready.

The break also turned into a DC break. The only DC related activity I’ve had in the past couple months is rewatching Arrow in its entirety (minus some of the crossover episodes). Also watched the first episode of Doom Patrol’s return and not only found myself lost, but not enjoying a single second of it. I have some catch up to do with the comics, which will be exclusively through DCUI. May wait another month or two so I can binge read. While away, in addition to the Arrow rewatch, I’ve been watching some great TV shows outside of DC: For All Mankind, Foundation, Invasion, Ahsoka, among others.

I saw the tags, and instead of responding individually, I’m going to take the easy route and say I miss and appreciate you all. Thank you for not forgetting your old pal :slightly_smiling_face:. I have other thoughts I’d like to share with you, and that will come in time. For the time being, I just wanted everyone to know I’m still around, just in a reduced capacity.

Much love,
Moro

12 Likes

Just good to see you around, dude! Glad all is well and that you’re feeling better!

10 Likes

Thanks brother :pray:. Sometimes taking a step back is necessary :slightly_smiling_face:.

10 Likes

And it’s good to know when it’s time to do so.

10 Likes

Yeah and that’s part of what I want to share with you. I just have to find the right words and frame of mind to make a post that (hopefully) resonates with some.

10 Likes

I look forward to it when you’re ready!

10 Likes

Yeah, I ultimately decided this - particularly once I scored this maquette from the Masterpiece display box sex (where I only got a the maquette box, with some surface damage, and the maquette itself, but for a song compared to what it normally goes for):

Otherwise, the room looks snazzy. You have a few items I deeply want, like the Rags Morales statute and also the first appearance Supes, but my days of wanting to spend are a bit circumspect at the moment, only because I really, really should unload some of the duplicates and extras I have before I spend more money, regardless of whether it’s possible or not. I literally have stuff in boxes at the moment, which is truly absurd, since I’m still not fully unpacked at all from my move in May.

I am very envious that you can do that. If had access to a 3D printer, I doubt I would sleep.

I’ve actually been scouring my local lumbar store on the regular, and I’m going to make some wood based stands with plastic pegs embedded in, that I will sand down and essentially seal and then paint to a gloss finish, and put some paint - I think ultimately, I will likely cover the surface with something textures and end up doing decal logos versus painted branded logos and this is probably a this coming spring project due to the lack of a work space that had the necessary airing out before I display anything here, but I don’t think it would be hard to do for even someone who’s not too comfortable kitbashing. I bought some of those clear Neca at Target, but apparently (per the reddit r/actionfigures sub, they do not work on the Mattel DCU, DC Direct or DC Collectible figures and don’t always work on the MTS figures. Sigh.

Looking forward to it, I tagged you on something earlier today which clearly isn’t appropriate given this paragraph, so apologies.

10 Likes

:hugs::purple_heart: Drop buy when you can. You’re beloved DCUI veteran and we miss you!

10 Likes

Thanks and no worries. I’m the one who’s sorry for not taking the time to respond to everyone individually.

8 Likes

Awh shucks :blush:. I miss you too! Hope you’re settled in after the honeymoon!

9 Likes