Moro’s Corner

@moro the big one is that from Sideshow?

6 Likes

Love these updates @moro- your collection is amaze. :star_struck: :00_superman1:

5 Likes

Yeah I purchased it from Sideshow. It’s made by Iron Studios, from their “Prime Scale” line, based on a design by Ivan Reis.

4 Likes

Thanks @DC89. Means a lot, especially coming from an avid collector such as yourself :slightly_smiling_face:.

4 Likes

:+1: :fist_right: :fist_left: :smiley:

6 Likes

That is a phenomenal collection @moro! So well displayed.

7 Likes

Thank you @TravisMorgan :pray:. Glad you like it!

6 Likes

Took some time to refocus my collection this weekend. Bought a lot of stuff last year and things were starting to get random and cluttered. Had to take stuff down, which I may or may not sell. To my surprise, some stuff came out of storage and fit better with my displays. The casualties? About half my vintage Super Powers figures, along with all the 4” Spin Master stuff. Much as I love them, I couldn’t make it all fit, especially with the new Super Powers line from McFarlane. Here’s the results:

This lone row of Super Powers is what stayed, replacing a row of 4” Spin Master, which is all stowed away now.

This shelf used to be the Super Powers shelf. It’s now dedicated to a McFarlane extended Justice League. The middle bleacher is empty and ready to accept new figures. Hoping for Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Cyborg, Firestorm, Plastic Man, Black Canary, and Zatanna. Shazam has been ordered. Will they all fit? Or even be released? Time will tell.

Here’s a World’s Finest shelf. Didn’t have the right risers to make a more continuous middle row, but it works. Taking all the Superman figures off the flight stands helped fit more of ‘em together.

Moving on to the Trinity cabinet. It‘s now all matching versions of the big three.

No changes here (still waiting on the Mezco Superman to go with Batman & Wonder Woman in the front row).

Death Metal Trinity found their way onto this shelf.

Animated Lois & Clark left this shelf. Trinity sets from DC Essentials and old DC Direct lines were reintroduced here.

The Superman cabinet.

On the top shelf some figures left to the World’s Finest shelf I shared earlier in this post. A new Clark Kent section on the right.

Animated Lois & Clark moved here to the middle shelf.

Lower shelf of 90s Kenner Superman remains unchanged.

DCEU lost blue suit Supes to the World’s Finest shelf. Not planning on expanding too much here unless we get more Trinity or Justice League in the movies. Hawkman and Black Adam need a riser. The little 3” Page Punchers will probably move around some, but they live here now.

The villain shelf. Will only be adding Superman rogues and JL level big bads as they come from McFarlane

Vehicle shelf! Super Powers Invisible Jet and Batmobile will kick the little Batmobiles to the curb once they’re released.

This currently serves as a Wonder Woman area. Some risers and an additional pieces in the future and it will probably end up being another Trinity shelf of sorts.

This table top is a bit random, but mostly meant for statues. I have two Iron Studios Superman pieces on pre-order in the next year that I’m hoping will fit. One of them is a behemoth though, so I’m not so sure. Time will tell. If not I have another reshuffle planned.

My desk is largely unchanged. Lost a couple of the smaller pieces to other shelves, and Batman & Robin ‘66 make an appearance here now.

McFarlane Super Powers have their own little area now, with plenty of room to expand (Superman plush from the arcade claw machine will happily make room). Hope this line is successful and McFarlane continues to churn them out.

I even hung up carded SP Superman & Batman on the wall. Wonder Woman is the only other SP figure that I plan to keep a carded version of, and will hang with these two.

There you have it for my every-once-in-a-while update. As always, whether you made it to the end of my lengthy post or just skimmed through the pictures, thank you much for taking the time to check out my modest collection and the little tweaks I keep making to it.

11 Likes

It’s still an amazing collection, thanks for the update.

7 Likes

Fantastic display here as always @moro. :smiley: Here’s just s few of my fave items in it:

JLA89

Sooo wishing that this movie could’ve happened. #JLA91

SmallvilleClark
Smallville CK! :purple_heart:

Loving that Harls is lining up here. :00_harley_quinn: :00_justice_league3:

7 Likes

No thank you for the kind words and for checking it out :slightly_smiling_face:.

7 Likes

You’re too kind @DC89 :slightly_smiling_face:

This one took some patience and lost ebay auctions to hunt down. Love it because it’s the only one I know of that has the jacket with the S :slightly_smiling_face:.

She is, in my opinion, one of the best castings and a highlight of the DCEU. Had to have her in there.

7 Likes

Looks great! It is always cathartic to see another collector’s well-organized shelves.

It is a tough call to decide whether to store or sell additional items. I often regret selling, but that doesn’t make storing indefinitely an easy option either.

I will also be hanging up a SP Wonder Woman carded figure. Now could they hurry up and get those things on the shelf, please?

6 Likes

Thank you! Well-organized? You made my evening :slightly_smiling_face:.

I think regret some buys more than I regret selling. With selling you at least get some money to put back into the hobby or something else.

I’m thinking of selling the Super Powers figures I put away. I would have to sell them individually to get value for them though, & that’s just too much of a time sucker.

7 Likes

Great collection and great photos! Thanks for sharing.

7 Likes

Thank you :pray:. Wish I had better updates than small additions and moving things from point A to point B. This thread is kinda serving as a collection journal, and I really appreciate all you kind folks following along :slightly_smiling_face:.

7 Likes

Kick-ass displays as always, amigo! :+1:t2:

Ah, the “Inspired by Vroom” shelf. Very nice. :wink:

Your Superman: Man of Steel set-up is similar to mine, minus the two-packs and deluxe figures, as I kept mine carded.

I believe we talked about it earlier, but are you planning to pick up these sets:

If you should get into Total Justice (think we talked about that one, too), there are similar two-packs for that line as well.

8 Likes

Your Wonder Woman room is fantastic as well! :00_wonder_woman_gold: :00_wonder_woman_gold: :00_wonder_woman_gold:

9 Likes

Thanks @Vroom

Those sets, along with all other pieces of yesteryear that I was thinking of purchasing, have moved into the “maybe” column. One reason I did this recent reshuffle is to take stock and look ahead at what’s coming from McFarlane, Iron Studios (my two favorite companies), and others. Aside from cost issues, I realized I can’t possibly continue collecting at the same pace while keeping shelves manageable. I know that sounds super obvious, but I find it easy to get carried away and forget about it. So I’m slowing down, or at least trying to :slightly_smiling_face:.

9 Likes

Hey, thank you for the awesome shares. :superman_hv_4:

I’ve been thinking of reshuffling and selling some stuff, so as to make way for future McFarlane and Spin Master (my two favorite mass market companies ATM) releases, along with random, made by other companies, bits of interest from the past and present that come along.

However, when I look over assorted schtuffs in my collection and think “Should I sell this?”, I always come back with “Nope, don’t wanna.” :smile:

A hallmark of someone who controls their collection, rather than letting it control them.

tosses a “I’m in control of my collection.” t-shirt moro’s way

Check out the stitching around “collection”. Its, as Frasier Crane once said, “Quite stylish.”

9 Likes