🎩✨ Mixtape Monday: Zatanna Zatara – Mistress of Magic ✨🎩

Welcome back to Mixtape Monday, where we bring you soundtracks inspired by your favorite comic book characters.

This Week’s Theme: Zatanna

Hello, music lovers and DC enthusiasts! This week, as the spotlight turns and the curtain rises, we present to you a magical musical journey inspired by the enchanting Zatanna. With her spellbinding blend of stage performance and genuine sorcery, these tracks aim to encapsulate the essence of her charm, mystery, and power. Let the show begin!

17 Likes

NML swinging in again with more of the greatest hits of bands that retired before you were born!

8 Likes
10 Likes

@capo-mage you don’t want to miss this week!

7 Likes

Makes for a very interesting sound :eyes: I like that you chose reversed music for her!

(also me thinking about what a nightmare it must’ve been to clean silly string out of guitar strings…)

9 Likes

Okay, obviously if you’re talking Zatanna you have to include “Oh, Pretty Woman” by Roy Orbison

And “Magic” by The Cars comes to mind.

10 Likes

:magic_wand:

9 Likes

Hey @Stoic_Jester,
Here’s my 2 picks for Zatanna, hope you like it, I think it’s a perfect fit for her! :smiley::tophat::magic_wand:

10 Likes
10 Likes

Greetings Mix Mob! :inkys_mixtape_mob2: :notes: :dancer:t2: So, Zee! :magic_wand: I am down for some magic, let’s do this…

Really feeling some F+TM and Crystal Castles for her. :purple_heart: Plz enjoy.

15 Likes

Jk, I just thought of another one! :it: :notes: A great Di Bari cover.

And this awesome variant. :purple_heart:

Psssst. :wave: @capo-mage @Zips4tw, got anything you wanna add? :eyes: :magic_wand:

And this feels right, too.

13 Likes

Ahhh I totally forgot about Crystal Castles! Excellent choice!

7 Likes

Love!

6 Likes

Anybody who’s a fan of DC Superhero Girls will no doubt remember this song:

10 Likes
9 Likes

:laughing: :laughing:

6 Likes
11 Likes

I mean … I’m pretty sure there’s a comic somewhere that she’s actually on page singing this while getting dressed…

And, y’know, maybe a few songs not just about her clothes…

And back to the fishnets.

Aaaand …conceptually, sure, nearly every JLD story arc. But mostly just for the line “I can kick ass and talk backwards / I hang out with a whole bunch of slackers”

10 Likes

Backwards Magic!

It’s Magic - Pilot

Strange Magic - ELO

Five Gears In Reverse - Elvis Costello and the Attractions

10 Likes

Thanks for tagging me @Razzzcat :heavy_heart_exclamation: :magic_wand:

For giving me an idea too.

13 Likes