🎶 Mixtape Monday: Wonder Woman 🎶

It’s the start of another wonderful week here on the DC Community, which means it’s time once again for Mixtape Monday! Previously on Mixtape Monday, we put together an absolutely super playlist in celebration of the release of Superman '78:

Superman '78 Playlist
  • “Main Theme from Superman”, by John Williams
  • “One Call Away”, by Charlie Puth
  • “I Swear I Saw Christopher Reeve (Mackinac Island Charm)”, by Jill Sobule
  • “Clark Kent”, by Adam WarRock
  • “Honky-Tonk Superman”, by Aaron Tippin
  • “Theme from Superman: The Animated Series”, by Shirley Walker
  • “Sweet Talkin’ Woman”, by Electric Light Orchestra
  • “Don’t Look Back”, by Boston
  • “Take a Chance on Me”, by Abba
  • “Carry On”, by Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young
  • “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough”, by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell
  • “Waitin’ for Superman”, by The Flaming Lips
  • “Superman”, by R.E.M.
  • “Catch the Wind”, by Donovan
  • “Love Theme from Superman”, by John Williams
  • “Jimmy Olsen’s Blues”, by Spin Doctors
  • “Main Theme from Supergirl”, by Jerry Goldsmith
  • “Main Title & Colwyn’s Ar”, by James Horner
  • “(Wish I Could Fly Like) Superman”, by The Kinks
  • “Needing a Miracle”, by Kirby Krackle
  • “Shattered & Hollow”, by First Aid Kit
**This Week's Theme: Wonder Woman!** =

This week’s playlist is for one of the greatest superheroes ever-Wonder Woman! Diana Prince has thrilled and inspired readers through eight decades of adventures, and we want to put together the perfect playlist of her favorite songs, below!

I’ll start things off with one of my favorite Moby songs, which I think fits right in with Diana’s mission of peace:

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

12 Likes

I absolutely love this one :grin:

Been jammin’ out to this one since I was 16.

Pssssst @DC89, I don’t know if you’ve heard this one, but you might like it. Its a nice one to dance to, and its got that touch of embracing the inner Wonder Woman power within one’s self :grin:

7 Likes

Steve would probably dedicate this song to his favorite Amazon. Ladies and gents, Mr. Marvin Gaye:

(1) wonderful one marvin gaye - YouTube

7 Likes

Apparently Diana likes this song… :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

“Diana”, by Chelsea Wolfe

6 Likes

Hello there G.L., Mixtape Mob, and everyone else. :wave: :sunglasses:

Wonder Woman’s favorite songs… :thinking:

Perhaps these might also be on her list. :0_wonder_woman:

First to remind her of home. :desert_island:

And next of that day when one was flying over Themyscira. :airplane:

7 Likes

Greetings, Mix Mob! :notes: :inkys_mixtape_mob2: :inkys_mixtape_mob:

Here’s what I brought for :00_wonder_woman_gold: Wonder Woman week (great picks so far, btw!):

Cream on Chrome- Ratatat (I might be slightly obsessed w/ this track, lol so it’s going to big D)

And this somber one, because it’s about doubt, but also never losing hope, or sight of the the truth. Plz enjoy :purple_heart: and have a great week, everybody!

Gone- Madonna

8 Likes

@Angel212 lol, And for a good reason. :sunglasses: Where’s this from?

4 Likes

Wonder Woman: Black and Gold #3. It came out last week and I think I have read that particular short story 3 times now, so it came to mind immediately. :sparkling_heart: :00_wonder_woman_gold:

3 Likes

So the one thats sitting in my library that I need to get to ASAP. :joy: Okay, thank you! :green_heart:

Ps. You should add that to the music reference thread!

4 Likes

Haha! I’ve probably oversold it now. It has one of the nicest mini standalone WonderTrev stories I’ve read though, so I was predisposed to like it. :wink:

Did not know this was a thing! I shall do so. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

pure chalk for me…

9 Likes

I had a sudden epiphany about what my 2nd pick for the mixtape should be after I posted over on the Ship/Snugglebug Fanart thread. Because if there’s one thing Diana loves as much as Steve Trevor…it’s ice cream. :grin: :ice_cream:

6 Likes

I’m back, Mix Mob!
Just thought of another one:

And this song is somehow attached to one of my first Wonder Woman memories— Gotta drop it. (Thnx big sis.) :dancer:t2: :00_wonder_woman_gold:

Ps. @Angel212 Aw, no way! You’ve not over sold a thing so far. Plus, Harley Quinn: Black+White+Red was really good, so I knew I would check out! I should have plenty of time to catch up over the holiday weekend. :purple_heart:

7 Likes

You found it! Excellent!
@NCharles39 had a great idea. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::purple_heart:

5 Likes

You’re too kind! :sparkling_heart: I freely admit I may get a tad overenthusiastic about the WonderTrev stuff though. :sweat_smile:

I’m adding that to my ever-growing reading list… :open_book:

It is a great idea! I’ve got a lot to scroll through on that thread still. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

No worries— you’re definitely in the right place for that here! :grin:

:raised_hands: :diamonds:

Yeah, we’ve been at it for quite a while in there. I just had some to add too! :rofl:Cuddles are good for the soul. That’s just a fact! :purple_heart:

4 Likes

My first selection is a bit out of the center, however, Wonder Woman is one of those titles I reach to if I am feeling down. Like Superman and REM, she often inspires hope. Also, Michael Stipe needs a hat and he could be the rock and roll version of The Spirit.

My next selection is because of Patti Smith’s amazing vocals. Seriously, she is just amazing and I hope Wonder Woman could sing like this. Also, I think the first lyrics in this song are perfect for the ending of Future State: The Immortal Wonder Woman. If you don’t know what I am talking about, I strongly suggest reading that book.

Look up, what do you see?
All of you and all of me
Florescent and starry
Some of them, they surprise

Speaking of Wonder Woman and real-life superheroes, I can’t help but think about teachers. My 7th-grade science teacher happened to be Natalie Merchant’s sister. The walls were littered with 10,000 Maniacs and Tigerlily posters next to the periodic table and that human body poster that is mandatory in every middle school science classroom. Anyway, here is Natalie Merchant with 10,000 Maniacs covering Patti Smith.

5 Likes

For the name drop

6 Likes

Yes! I love this song! :grin::dancer:

4 Likes