đŸŽ¶ Mixtape Monday: Which Show’s Theme Song Has You Crisis Ready? đŸŽ¶

Mixtape Monday is here again!

Behold, last week’s mixtape playlist of Harley Quinn’d goodness has been compiled, and you can find the full list of entries below!

• “Funhouse,” by Pink
  • “Monsters,” by Matchbook Romance
  • “Funny” by Black Lips
  • “Crazy,” by Gnarls Barkley
  • “Bad Romance,” by Lady Gaga
  • “Break Stuff,” by Limp Bizkit
  • “Short Skirt Long Jacket,” by Cake
  • “Hobo Humpin’ Slobo Babe,” by Whale
  • “Crazy Bells,” by The Marcels
  • “Tomorrow Never Dies,” by Sheryl Crow
  • “Mad Hatter,” by Melanie Martinez
  • “Oops! I Did it Again,” by Britney Spears
  • “Harleys In Hawaii,” by Katy Perry
  • “Take Back the Power,” by The Interrupters
  • “Gasoline,” by Halsey (“Insane Like Me”)
  • “Voices In My Head,” by NerdOut!
  • “Smooth Criminal,” by Alien Ant Farm
  • “Crazy,” by Aerosmith

This Week’s Theme:
Which Show’s Theme Song Has You Crisis Ready?

The Crisis on Infinite Earths event is almost here, and the lineup of shows included has us all on the edge of our seats for what’s to come! Which episode are you looking forward to most? Is there a show you wish were included in the COIE event, but isn’t? Let us know what comes to mind by sharing the theme or a song featured in the DC series of your choice!

Show and song options can be from the past, present, or even future, if there’s a tune you’d love to hear during opening credits, or an older show whose cast you’d get a kick out of seeing join the crossover. :wink:

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines, the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post a track of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the full list of tunes collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

3 Likes

While I really like them all, I love the theme song from The Flash most, and look forward to it:

But, to throw in another for good measure, and as an example of a regular song featured in a DC series, my choice is Tom Odell’s “Can’t Pretend” which was featured in Ep. 1 of Batwoman:
3 Likes

The best CW (and the WB, before it) theme song:

As for current productions, I choose this:

2 Likes

Flash.

1 Like

Natasha Blume’s - Journey (Ready to fly) that was featured in the Supergirl S01E20 trailer deserves to be played again. Wonderful song.

1 Like

@Vroom, ahhh, yes! How could I forget about that? Save Me has a special place in my heart, so I couldn’t agree more. I’m not up to date on Supergirl, but what about it made you choose that one? The show, itself, or the theme (which is positively lovely, I might add).

@Anonymousbluebeetle, you my friend, get two thumbs up. :slight_smile: :+1:

@Pow-Pow, you’re right, that is wonderful. I don’t know who chooses the CW’s music, but they always manage to do such a fantastic job. That one’s beautifully chosen! :hushed:

2 Likes

@MissInkBlot Save Me is just
perfect. I always get a chill of the best kind when I hear it.

Regarding Supergirl
the theme fits the overall Superman franchise well, but it’s also precisely perfect with pinpoint accuracy to Kara too. It’s strong, powerful and heroic, just like she is.

1 Like

not the main title, this is called ‘Harnessing Anger’, by the show’s composer Blake Neely; rarely used, it’s a theme for Kara’s most pivotal moments 
 slays me every time

1 Like

@Vroom - So true. I’ll be elderly and “Save Me” will still have me grinning the moment I hear it, lol. Well said, on all points. :slight_smile:

@manifest, I love how that differs from the theme song so much, which has its own moments of soaring moments, while that one’s much more tempered, and a bit hesitant, while being all together really awe-inspiring. Can definitely see how it’d be used for some of the most important moments encountered. Just hearing it on its own is pretty emotional. :hushed:

3 Likes

I can’t believe I almost miss this post! Hope I’m not to late, I would really agree with @Vroom on Smallville ‘Save me’ soundtrack, it does fit this theme perfectly! :slightly_smiling_face:
If I had it my way it would be a soundtrack from the TV movie miniseries John Adams. The music has a good action music sound.

You’re never late, @Reaganfan78, there’s always time for more additions! :wink: Songs like that are why I’m so fond of period movies/shows - that was beautiful, and very well-paired with something rooted in such a historical context. It goes well with the other options shared, too! :slight_smile:

1 Like