đŸŽ¶ Mixtape Monday: What Song Hypes You Up for Harley Quinn? đŸŽ¶

Happy Mixtape Monday, all!

Another round of mixtape-making is complete - see below for last week’s good stuff!
The Titan(s) chosen for representation are quoted as is from each participant’s post. :slight_smile:

• “Dark Entries” by Bauhaus (representing Raven)
  • “Outlaws” by Green Day (representing the Titans as a group)
  • “Blood of a Mutt” by The Growlers (representing Dick Grayson)
  • “Rockin Robin,” by Bobby Day (representing Jason Todd Robin)
  • “Donna,” by Ritchie Valens (representing Donna Troy)
  • “Are Friends Electric?” by Tubeway Army (representing Cyborg)
  • “Sabotage,” by the Beastie Boys (representing Gar)
  • “Run through the Jungle,” by Creedence Clearwater (representing Beast Boy)
  • “Stand by Me,” by Ben E. King (representing Dick Grayson)
  • “A Horse with no Name,” by America (representing Starfire)
  • “Clean,” by Depeche Mode (representing Hank)
  • “How Far We’ve Come,” by Matchbox 20 (representing Wally West)
  • “Blackbird,” by Alter Bridge

This Week’s Theme:
What Song’s Hyping You Up for Harley Quinn?

With there being so much to look forward to for the Friday premiere of DC’s animated series, Harley Quinn, what songs are you listening to to get ready for the big day? Are there any songs that represent your hopes for the show, or better yet, make you think of the self-appointed Cupid of Crime, herself?

Let us know what’s on your “Must Listen!” list with a comment below!
While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines, the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post a track of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the full list of tunes collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

10 Likes

Hmm, I think for me, the Harley Quinn trailer gives off P!nk, “Funhouse” vibes :harley_hv_5:

But
 if you need some elaboration on what’s meant by songs that could represent your hopes for the show/characters, since Harley says “Anyone who’s a respected supervillain is in the Legion of Doom. That’s when you know you’ve made it. If Joker can get in so can I!” in the trailer, Matchbook Romance’s, “Monsters” is an example of what comes to mind for me when I think of their being so good at being bad that they reach Legion of Doom status. :slight_smile:

:notes: “We are the monsters
 underneath your bed. Yeah, believe what you read.” :notes:

10 Likes

@MissInkBlot That’s the perfect song for Harley lol!

When I think of Harley I think of a person who’s just plain crazy
My pick is Funny by Black Lips

:notes: We’re rolling
Are you headstrong?
Cause something is about to get gone :notes:

5 Likes

Crazy, Gnarls Barkley

5 Likes

Ivy’s love letter to Harley :love_letter:

4 Likes

For when Ms. Quinzel has had a bad day.

I’m quite confident that Harley and Wes Borland (guitarist on the right when the video begins, and also a Certified Badass) would become friends.

7 Likes

When I think of the Harley from the Conner/Palmiotti series, Short Skirt/Long Jacket by Cake comes to mind.

How did you guys embed your video links, by the way?

EDIT: Thanks @Vroom for the tip! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Whale - Hobo Humpin’ Slobo Babe

Cia Berg is bringing the Harley craziness in this video gem from 1993.

5 Likes

@Jay_Kay To embed YouTube videos here, I copy and paste their YT link into a post here.

6 Likes

Thanks! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The Marcels: Crazy bells
:joy: I’m actually laughing out loud!
Looking at the lyrics it’s a love song, listening to the background singers it’s about a crazy person. Take it however you want to, but the love song still works with the Harley Quinn + Joker/Ivy and The crazy relationships.

4 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face: ‘Tomorrow never dies’ by Sheryl Crow. It may be a James Bond song, but I think that’s a good fit for this Harley Quinn!

3 Likes

I wish I could remember who pointed this artist out as the perfect soundtrack for Harley, but it was someone in the Community many moons ago!

6 Likes

I just wanted to add another thing by saying Thankyou @MissInkBlot for picking couple of my picks for Titans, that meant alot! :slightly_smiling_face::radio:

3 Likes

Couple more options:

When Harley gets back together with Mistah J:

This might be a bit on the nose (try to appreciate the subtlety :wink:):

7 Likes

This song makes me think of Harley

4 Likes

Insane like me

4 Likes

This is a song written specially for her and I think it fits this

3 Likes