đŸŽ¶ Mixtape Monday: The Spectre đŸŽ¶

Welcome back to another scary edition of Mixtape Monday! Last week’s playlist was one of the zaniest, to celebrate the arrival of Mad Magazine on DCUI:
’

Mad Magazine Playlist
  • “The Saga Begins”, by Weird Al Yankovic
  • “Get Back”, by Ludacris
  • “Suicide Squad Parody”, by The Hillywood Show
  • “Our House”, by Madness
  • “Anger Rising”, by Jerry Cantrell
  • “Go Crazy”, by Chris Brown and Young Thug
  • “Weird Science”, by Oingo Boingo
  • “The Last of the Secret Agents”, by Nancy Sinatra
  • “Wild at Heart”, by Lari White
  • “Yakety Sax”, by Boots Randolph
  • “Dare to Be Stupid”, by “Weird Al” Yankovic
  • “Mad at the World”, by Heffron Drive
  • “We Didn’t Start the Fire”, by Billy Joel
  • “Madhouse”, by Anthrax
  • “It’s a Gas”, by Alfred E. Neuman
  • “The Mad Magazine Mystery Record”
  • “What Me Worry?”, by Alfred E. Neuman & The Furshlugginer Five
  • “Let’s Do the Pretzel”, by The Dellwoods
  • “Mad World”, by Tears for Fears
  • “The Spy Hunter”, by Project 86
  • “Mad TV Theme”, by Heavy D
  • “You May Be Right”, by Billy Joel
  • “ur a ”, by Willow Smith
  • “One Step Beyond”, by Madness
  • “Crazy Beat”, by Blur
  • “Particle Man”, by They Might Be Giants
  • “It’s Gonna Get Weird”, by Neil Cicierega
  • “White & Nerdy”, by “Weird Al” Yankovic
  • “They’re Coming to Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa!”, by Napoleon XIV
  • “That’s What Super Friends Are For”, from Mad
  • “Make 'Em Laugh”, by Donald O’Connor

This Week’s Theme: The Spectre

Our season of scary mixtapes continues this week with one of the most frightening figures in all the Multiverse, the Spectre! What songs do you think would be his favorite, assuming he cares about anything other than enacting God’s justice? Share your picks with us, below!

I’ll start things off with two excellent versions of this song that seems like it could’ve been written specifically for the Spectre:

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

18 Likes

Hey @Green.Lantern, I’d pick a James Bond song opening from the movie ‘Spectre.’ :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

2 very different songs

10 Likes

“God is Gonna Cut You Down” may be the perfect song for The Spectre!

My first song is “This Dying Soul” by Dream Theatre, which kind of sums up the tragic side of Jim Corrigan for me.

And I think the attitude in this song kind of sums up The Spectre. “You’ve Got Another Thing Coming” by Judas Priest

14 Likes

How about this one, an oldie but a goodie?

11 Likes

The first one is this song. Which describes those who destroy peoples lives and themselves with their transgressions. Read the lyrics carefully. It also describes the evilness inside of people. “I see their (eyeless) smile.”

And the second is about another spirit of vengeance, the Shadow.

12 Likes

Gods gonna cut you down is perfect but I think this one works as well

12 Likes

I think it’s safe to say this will probably be one of the angrier mixtapes. :smiley:

10 Likes
10 Likes

I switched out “Trouble” for “Highway to Hell”. Definitely a better fit!

6 Likes

This is a character I have NO clue about, I kinda did some quick research on him and came up with this? So probably just one from me this week:

“The Time Bender”, by Becoming The Archetype

10 Likes

i’m going to have to think about this but off the top of my head (behind Johnny Cash :laughing:)

10 Likes

Would love to see this as a series or a full length feature film.

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Spectre knows!

10 Likes

Well hello there G.L. and everyone else. :wave: :sunglasses:

Ah, The Spectre. Perhaps these tunes might be some The Spectre listens to before seeking out vengeance. :ghost:

14 Likes

If we’re going with Hal’s take on The Spectre. . .

Hurt by Johnny Cash
Personality Crisis by The New York Dolls

idk this one is hard

9 Likes

Still remember when Undertaker came with his Johnny Cash entrance.:fire::smiling_imp::headstone:

9 Likes

12 Likes

Absolutely love that, as:

• DC published The Shadow comics long ago.

• The Shadow is a wonderful movie.

11 Likes

Hopefully self-explanatory lol
 :point_up_2:

Such an amazing song & perfect for The Spectre & Halloween :jack_o_lantern:

14 Likes

Ok so I can’t quote it for some reason, but “Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story” is absolutely perfect for this!!! Nicely chosen @NinjaSupes!

9 Likes