šŸŽ¶ Mixtape Monday: Stargirl & Starry Skies! šŸŽ¶

@TravisMorgan - :hushed: Thank you so much! Your detective work is appreciated! :hugs:

@TheRosses - No problem at all on the artists, just wanted to doublecheck. Granted, I have to say I liked ā€œRevolution Earth,ā€ but my ears have found additional delight with Duran Duranā€™s song, as well (ā€¦that, and the arm waving dancing in that videoā€™s more addictive than it should be, lol). Themā€™s the good stuff! :smiley: Went through and refreshed my memory on SF songs, and loved Corneria, too, so Iā€™ll add that to the list for you. I couldnā€™t choose between the other favs, so Iā€™m adding ā€œControls,ā€ from SF, and the End Credits + Menu Select Themes from SF 64. :slight_smile:

@Green.Lantern - Aww, you showed up right on time to help us fill in the gaps we left behind! That song makes me think about the movies, Moon and The Martian because itā€™s the type of thing you can play while going through the motions of maintenance while in space, and itā€™ll make everything better. But itā€™s such a goodā€™un that itā€™s easily applicable to all things, be it planet-to-planet ā€œroad tripā€ travel, or experiencing something cool like watching an eclipse from Pluto. 'tis perfect! Thank you! :heart_eyes:

@Razzzcat - GOOD MORNING! :sun_with_face: I hope you got in a good nightā€™s sleep, and are feeling much more rested today! Thank you for indulging me with late night combo of ā€œPhoebs and the Fringesā€ (worthwhile band name, yes? :eyes:). :stuck_out_tongue: I do think we could all use more of that fashion sense, yes, but then my healthy paranoia sets in and I sometimes wonder what the package packers think when we online shop, since my shopping cart would have non-perishables like rice and dried beansā€¦ and then outfits like that, lol. :laughing: One can be both dazzling and well fed, though, right?

I have, indeed, seen your posts, and itā€™s good to know we have another vote for the HQ and Poison Ivy matchup theme! Since we have a HQ relationship thread, been mulling over if a romance theme for the whole show might be worthwhile, or individual relationships, so thoughts are always welcome. :thinking: Thank you for helping my week get off to such a great start! :wink:

@DeSade-acolyte - Answering yours with your second post due to linking the thread in this part of the response, but to answer your first post, your elaborating on that songā€™s inclusion really makes me look forward to being able to take a listen to that again after I see Stargirl for the first time (adding it to my to do list! :slight_smile:). Iā€™ve been wondering how theyā€™d go about showing internal dialogue and development for a character her age since their other shows usually deal with older characters.

That in mind, looking through the lyrics again, I definitely see what you mean, and like how they put the side-by-side connection between excitement, doubts, and the stresses of life you canā€™t control (like earthquakes) on display with such clarity. The words, ā€œYes, I enjoy living life this way, Always a good show on somewhere, what more can I say, Itā€™s gonna be an earthquake, I canā€™t miss it, no way,ā€ stand out, for example. :thinking: That, and sadly, Iā€™ve not had the chance to listen to much in the way of Valley Pop, so Iā€™m glad to have such a great song to use as a better re-introduction to the genre, too! :wink:

Aww, already? :hushed: Happy to be able to share the new link with you, then! :slight_smile:
This weekā€™s Mixtape Monday can be found here! :heart:

1 Like