šŸŽ¶ Mixtape Monday: Open Mic Night šŸŽ¶

Greetings, @MissInkBlot! :wave:
Iā€™m really glad you liked that Kiteman pick as much as I do! Felt SO right for the bride and groom. We may laugh at olā€™ Chuck, butā€¦I get it, Ivy! I totally voted for him (and Swampy) for that sexiest man poll. :stuck_out_tongue: (sighs) gawd, I love that show. Itā€™s also a fairly accurate portrayal of the Ivy that lives in my head, so Iā€™m quite pleased w/ her characterization. (Ps. ā€œA Whole New Worldā€ wouldā€™ve been ah-mazing.)
Speakinā€™ of Swamp Thing: you know I didnā€™t mean a real rumble, right? Im congenial!? Most of the time. :innocent: He just has all the earmarks of gothic and romantic literature, so I will defend that if need be. ā€œGrey Cell Greenā€ is a direct choice for Rite of Spring. Helped mold my ideas on what intimacy really is, so wanted to give it a shout out.
Also, I would add some of what first pops into my head or just feels right, but I got in trouble for that last week w/ Lizzo! lol I forgot to keep things PG, so sometimes I gotta stew for a minā€¦and thatā€™s when I end up adding too many songs. Sorry about thatā€”letā€™s blame the apocolypse.
Lastly: :clinking_glasses: to Pomplamoose! And green thumbs! I just had my farmer-playlist in my ear holes this morning, and all those songs are on it! High fives, up top! Go team gardener! What made you ditch Botany, btw? Tell me a story. Only if you have time. No pressure. We good either way. :facepunch:

1 Like

No kidding? Sublime was a major part of our college soundtrack.

2 Likes

I was on them so early. Me & a friend, thatā€™s stilll my best friend. He was a receiver & a safety on our high school football team. I was running back, punter, kick returner & receiver. Anyways, we hung out with all the other high school kids we played against. Perry high school kids invited us to a party. They turned us on to Sublime with waiting for my Ruca. We went & bought the cd instantly. It was just us 2 forever. Finally, all our friends realized how great it was. Especially after self titled Sublime dropped. Every album is a beginning to end spin. Love how many Sublime fans are on here. I just saw them in concert & I couldnā€™t believe how many teens were there. It was packed. I was so happy it trickled down the way it did. Truly, a great band.

2 Likes

Totally forgot. One of my many t-shirts is a Beastie Boys Paulā€™s Boutique T that hey ladies is on (that album).

Paulā€™s Boutique is in the left hand corner