šŸŽ¶ Mixtape Monday: Open Mic Night šŸŽ¶

Hey @MissInkBlot, earlier today I saw you were going to reply, then stop. Are you going to comment on our song picks?:confused:

1 Like

Aww, I love how everyone went all out this week! :slight_smile: Also glad DC Universe is made up of so many characters, because with all of those you covered, what in the world will you do for our next Open Mic Night? :wink:

@Reaganfan78 - Hello! :slight_smile: Apologies for the delay! Been sorting out tech issues today (sends side eye to all thing tech within range >.>). Responses below!

Ooh, yay! Five for Fightingā€™s music is always so captivatingā€¦ the lead singerā€™s voice does an amazing job creating a foundation thatā€™s travels through each of their songs, and makes them melt together in a delightful way (for instance, I love how I can hear their song ā€œ100 Yearsā€ when listening to ā€œSuperman,ā€ and vice versa). Imagine my surprise to see Willy Wonka break onto the scene with the next song, though - it brings me back to the great gifs shared here!

You already know the happy thoughts ā€œLetā€™s Go Fly A Kiteā€ causes for me, so Iā€™ll leave whatā€™s already been giddily said for that, while tipping my hat hello to the burly newcomer, Red Dead Redemption. Iā€™ve been meaning to play those games, so Iā€™m happy for the surprise introduction youā€™ve shared (grew up with parents who watched lots of Westerns, so color me intrigued)! :stuck_out_tongue: As for Les MisĆ©rables, it leaves me wondering how The Question would respond to such a pick. :wink:

Now, for those moderator-inspired choices, all I can say isā€¦ awww! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thank you! Iā€™ll let the other mods know - though, just to comment on the first song, I love that one by Skylar Grey! Was just listening to ā€œWordsā€ by her in researching songs for this week, so weā€™re definitely on the same wavelength when it comes to songs dedicated to the DC Universe service! And, finally, to share a little secret: thatā€™s actually my favorite song from The Phantom of the Opera - sneaky sneaky, youā€¦ howā€™d you know?? :heart_eyes: Thank you so much for the sweet gesture!

@LDFM - Iā€™m glad to hear it! Hoping we can put OMN on some sort of scheduled rotation in the future. We shall see! :slight_smile: For now, the oldie but goodie that is ā€œKryptoniteā€ always takes me back to my AMV-making days. :stuck_out_tongue: No matter how old it is, it still hits with the same power it did when it first came out, for me at least. Really enjoying the full breadth of your choice of picks this week, as well - your mixture of atmospheric OST songs makes me want to go back and pay more attention to the background scores for each, and I think the one for Aquaman is particularly pretty (Iā€™m always amazed by how well they capture oceanic attributes in it). Your couching the instrumentals between so notable a set of songs with lyrics made for a sound sammich I look forward to putting in my personal playlist - 'twas superb, thank you! :sandwich:

No sorry necessary for the Part 2, either! That rendition of ā€œCome Togetherā€ is glorious, in my opinion. I love how itā€™s completely different from the originalā€¦ like the audio equivalent of adding umami to a dish. I already like all songs Suicide Squad and Shazam!, but havenā€™t had the chance to see BoP yet, so listening to ā€œTFEOOHQā€ was a ā€œmind blownā€ moment, since I got some interesting, and unexpected Vitas vibes from it (his song ā€œOpera #2ā€). :exploding_head: Had no idea Coheed and Cambria, nor Daughtry had done songs for Arkham City, though. :hushed: Iā€™m in the same boat as Pretty.Poison.Bombshell - I really have been missing out when it comes to that game! Whomever made decisions for their soundtrack did an A+ job putting them together in one project, because they break the mold with those songs!

Since you followed a similar pattern as post one, I sort of feel like I need a new emojiā€¦ one of a double decker club sandwich - yes, it was nearly lunchtime when I started typing and Iā€™m hungry, can you tell? lol :laughing: Seriously, though, that was an excellent list. I might only have two thumbs available, but itā€™s deserving of many more. :wink:

@capo-mage - An intriguing list, and wide range of source choices this week! ā€œLife On Mars?ā€ makes me feel like Iā€™m floating into outer space all ā€œRocketmanā€-like, so itā€™s spot on for your choice. I mention ā€œRocketmanā€ because while it comes to mind, your choice veers off in a completely different direction, and really does bring Mars, specifically, to mind, especially when watching that video (I get such a kick out of it!), and Iā€™m fascinated by how they were able to isolate the attributes of a planet and fold it into the structure of a song. Itā€™s really well done.

Meanwhile, ā€œAnd She Wasā€ and ā€œSomebody to Loveā€ linger in the mind as only Queen and Talking Heads can! But the sameā€™s true for Guns Nā€™ Roses and Pantera, too, so they all have me floating on clouds of rock nā€™ roll goodness as I make my way back down to earth again. :wink: And then weā€™re left with those that differ drastically from each other in some lovely ways: ā€œKing of the Roadā€ isnā€™t something Iā€™d typically think about with regard to Constantine, but it grew on me so quickly (as quickly as Constantine did, considering I didnā€™t think Iā€™d like him as much as I now do, too! lol). I love how laid back the live performance of that song wasā€¦ itā€™s not only beautifully made, but is a great accompaniment and transition to the soulful elegance of ā€œCupidā€ (ahā€¦ that voice, and those lyrics! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:). ā€œBad Fishā€ is such a good one for Aquaman - if that doesnā€™t make you think of the dazzling glitter of the sea, I donā€™t know what will!

Each of your songs makes me want to read more about each of your characters, while going back through all things COIE all over again (ā€œBye Bye Loveā€ is so catchy!), so I consider your list both a success and a thrill to listen to. :slight_smile: The Beastie Boys song immediately caught my eye due to listening to SiriusXM often lately, as wellā€¦ theyā€™ve been playing ads talking about the Spike Jonze documentary on them. Did you hear about it? :slight_smile:

@ajm08g - Ooh, yes! That theme always has a way of making me feel like a superhero when I listen to it, too, which I find to be a special trait belonging to it, alone, as well as testament to how well constructed it is. Does it have a similar effect on you? Ah, and Remy Zero! Iā€™m with you on the huge grin it causes :smiley: Not to mention the hop and gleeful little squeal it causes for me. Thankfully thereā€™s no one around to see it, because it totally did just happen :eyes:. How beautiful ā€œYellowā€ isā€¦ where to begin? Thereā€™s already something celestial about Coldplayā€™s music to begin with, but adding the superhero aspect to it really takes it to a another level. Iā€™m glad you have the happy memory attached to it, as well! I thank you for using it to cap off so splendid a set of adds! :slight_smile:

@tshaver - Wow, they had Panic at the Disco, too? Forget breaking the mold, their soundtrack team created a new plane to exist on thatā€™s above the rest. To say that songā€™s good would be such an understatement, and the videoā€™s equally well done! I donā€™t blame you for seeing them live. Outside of this song, which of theirs is your favorite?

As for your other songs, I agree, one canā€™t go wrong with classics like that (in fact, it reminds me to thank everyone for making sure we have a healthy supply of Prince songs to keep us happy)! Nor Lego movie songs, either, it seems! :wink: Thank you for sharing so sweet a story with us, along with so cute a song! It does a good job explaining why I call all of you our DC Family! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@seitan - I love it, and then some! The mention of the doomsday clock makes it perfect, but the sound of it fits right in on its atmosphere and tone, too. While you meant it for the entirety of Watchmen, after listening to it, it makes me want to make a tribute video to Ozy, interestingly enough. I like where you went with your choice this week, however, devoting your pick to a whole that includes more than one character, and by extension, more than one background, and story. It makes me think through and consider the particular bit of the DC Universe with more depth than I did before! :slight_smile:

@Pollster - You spoil me with Three Days Grace this week, my friend! Rounding it out with the Boy Scouts song was unexpected, but quite appropriate. :thinking: Both seem to represent the idea of super heroes, in general, I think? But from different perspectives - the latter song being the attributes that are upright, upstanding members of society, and consistent with the concept of goodness and saving people. While the first song points out the opposing side of the coin, and how superheroes are naturally separate from the general public? On that note, 3DG adds a special bit of grittiness to it that makes me think of Titans, etc. Considering the wide range of heroes and accompanying experiences existing in the DC Universe, both are a great choice for our heroes, indeed! :smiley:

@DeSade-acolyte - So many eras covered this week that Iā€™m unsure where to start! :smiley: You have the most interesting finds to share, and this list does a spectacular job displaying that fact. For instance, I think itā€™s the ā€œSee You Later, Alligatorā€ intro that tickled me the most, lol. Seeing the dancing already made me want to join in to the beat, so I quite enjoyed that, and ā€œAmerican Music.ā€ Other songs on your list seem to group together well, too, with ā€œForever Together,ā€ ā€œIā€™m Just a Girl,ā€ and ā€œLavaā€ transitioning together with ease for me. :headphones:

Adam Ant and Alice Cooper need playlists of their own, methinks! I had no idea so many of their songs would fit so many characters so well, but after doing more research on some of the characters I knew less about, and going through to listen to them, I see exactly what you mean. Jonah Hex is a favorite of your choices for me, especially, having already been put into said mindset by our earlier mention of Red Dead Redemption. :wink: (Iā€™m like @Razzzcat - every time I think Iā€™m out, the likes of Gunsmoke keeps pullinā€™ me in!! Darn you, TV Land! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

I swoon and reach for my bass whenever I hear the goodness of ā€œDangerous,ā€ so while that videoā€™s terrifyingly gory (lol!), Iā€™m thankful for another reason to hear the song, as you can well imagine. :wink: Since, as shown above, Iā€™m adding these to my personal playlist out of order based on similarity, I wanted to askā€¦ how would you end up ordering them on yours? Or do you like them ordered as they are?

@Razzzcat - Ahh, but thatā€™s the thingā€¦ who said you were allowed to get out? That, you see, is the question. :stuck_out_tongue: Poison Ivyā€™s become a favorite of mine, too, especially after watching Harley Quinn (and starting the season all over again tonight - seriously, I was expecting to hear ā€œA Whole New Worldā€ during that kite ride in Ep 2), so I completely understand the choice! I also understand her choice of Kite Man, so high five and H-E-Double Hockey Sticks to the Yeah for your adding a song for him to the list, too! Even if it is just out of guilt, because oh my goodness, ā€œDo You Wanna Get Funky with Meā€ is poifect! I canā€™t express my love for the combo with adequate wording, lol. :wink:

On to Ivy, I love the list of songs. Since I almost majored in botany in college, I kind of want to add them to my gardening playlist (kinda = already did). ā€œDigging in the Dirt,ā€ ā€œWe Radiateā€ and ā€œPoisonā€ are positively marvelous! Those beats, I tell youā€¦ let the swooning begin, because its be impossible not to have a good time with songs like that playing. :slight_smile: Iā€™m happy to have Metric make regular visitations, so itā€™s always good to have them back! ā€œMad Worldā€ is a nice addition, and a nice change from the usual one we hear featured in Donnie Darko. It benefits from its original upbeat tempo in this case, especially, being the perfect go between for Pomplamoose and Metric, while adding its own je ne sais quoi to the mix. Canā€™t agree with you more on Pomplamoose, either. When Applejack shared their Lizzo + Lovely Day mashup, I was hooked! :star_struck: Iā€™m just as addicted to this cover of ā€œMother,ā€ as well, by the way. WOW, thatā€™s one masterful cover! Where has this been all my life? :hushed:

Thereā€™ll be no fights allowed on these premises, so youā€™re safe! Besides, ā€œDonā€™t Go to Strangersā€ is too pretty a song to fight over instead of listen to. Make peace and good music, all! :slight_smile: The coupling of ā€œGreen Cell Greenā€ with ā€œHairā€ was unexpected, though, because theyā€™re so different from each other, and yet go together well all the same for their one character. Having ā€œlet the Sunshine inā€ stuck in my head is an added bonus! And speaking of bonuses, I adore Baneā€¦ and Daft Punk, too, so thatā€™s a match made in HQ heaven (for the record, that song makes me wanna play Portal, now. It calls to me again yet again!).

Iā€™m with you on adding songs that just feel right. Please do! Iā€™ve learned itā€™s always the best songs that call to you before you look for/find them. Theyā€™re there at just the right time. Case in point: ā€œFreedom 90ā€™sā€ a goodā€™un, and much too good to pass up on after a song like ā€œGolden Ageā€! Which, mind you, is also amazing. That video left me going, ā€œI donā€™t understand whatā€™s going on, do I? ā€¦or do I?ā€ :thinking: :stuck_out_tongue: Thank you for the translation for ā€œHumanidad.ā€ I love songs in other languages, so I really enjoyed that one!

@JQuinzelle - An interesting choice for HQ, but a very good one, I think! The way the songā€™s structured makes it really stand out, in part because of the different aspects the group chooses to go through and list, adding to it the specifics of that list that induce fear vs those many things that donā€™t. In a ā€œ6 degrees of separationā€-type way, it brings to mind the music from that movie Heath Ledger was in called 10 Things I Hate About You, so Mr. Jā€™s influence abounds on many levels!

@ralphsix - You know, I didnā€™t expect such a song to fit Batman so well based on what it sounds like, but listening to the entire thing really cemented it for me. The lyrics are certainly good in pointing out how steadfast and firm his personality is, and it brings me back to BTAS days growing up, too, which is a nice perk. :slight_smile: Iā€™m saddened by the fact that I didnā€™t get the chance to experience what you described for GL, though. The song you shared is so very soothing and pretty, that I know I wouldā€™ve liked the other one, as well. Who was it who wrote the other one?

@UnLagunas - ā€œSpellbound,ā€ ā€œWaiting For the End of the World,ā€ and ā€œAinā€™t No Graveā€ are some serious toe-tappers. What I found interesting in each is that they have their special way of layering their sounds. The first two do it with superb echo effect, while the last song mentioned does it with dual vocals, and a set of instruments I donā€™t often get to hear in songs regularly. Exquisite specimens there, I tell you. :slight_smile:

Youā€™re all killing it with the video game soundtracks this week, too - wow, what a lovely reminder of Bioshock (Infinite was a fav, too!), and in a well-chosen way, too. I can literally see said character in my mind when I listen to it! Glad to see ā€œPsycho Killerā€ appear on the list again, along with ā€œPeople are Strangeā€ being added. Thatā€™ll always be a perfect match for Doom Patrol! I like how upbeat Deathā€™s theme isā€¦ but am unsure how I feel about that. :laughing: Itā€™s a really good song, though, so itā€™s okay! Maybe. :stuck_out_tongue:

Itā€™s been quite a while since Iā€™ve seen The Strain, but that song hits the nail on the head (orā€¦ in the coffin? Okay, Iā€™ll stop now, Iā€™m sorry lol) when it comes to the idea of I, Vampire - suspenseful, and disconcerting. Iā€™ve been meaning to get into that storyline, and that songā€™s just the nudge in the right direction needed to do so. ā€œPiggiesā€ is a delight, too - aww! Glad to see Professor Pyg have another song to add to the previous ones, and I like how you managed to capture your characters so well, both in song titles, at times, as well as with each songā€™s overall atmosphere. Itā€™s a list displaying heavy consideration, and thought, and I can only thank you for sharing all of your songs! :slight_smile:

@TheRosses - Thatā€™s quite the list of songs, there! Iā€™m always excited when we get to listen to Queen for a theme, and ā€œDownā€ surprised me because I heard that on the radio not long ago in a store, and couldnā€™t place it the title or artists, so I thank you for sharing it - mystery finally solved! :smiley: Itā€™s hard to go wrong with the likes of video game themes - this savvy group chooses the best of the best, as your choices help in showing! Did you want those to apply to individual characters, or just a collective group? Iā€™ll leave them unlisted for now (under the ā€œgeneralā€ category), but theyā€™re a great group of tunes either way. :slight_smile: What made you decide to go with The Legend of Zelda and Ducktales Remastered this week?

@Pow-Pow - That angelic introduction truly makes that a gem worth treasuring. I can understand why youā€™d choose such an exquisite song for Karaā€¦ itā€™s delicate, and as such, deftly handles the topics you listed, from self-reflecting on oneā€™s efforts, to love, to proving oneself, and the internal struggle inherently found within each of those. ā€œWhen all of my dreams are a heartbeat away, and the answers are all up to meā€¦ā€ stood out for me as a great portrayal of the weight of everything, all in one set of words. I love your choice for the week! :heart_eyes:

Okay, you wild and crazy kids, Iā€™m out for now, but will see you soon with a new theme, and to fully catch up on our older MTM threads this week (sorry about missed posts, it takes me a bit to move back around to them). Thank you for making our first Open Mic Night such a great experience! :heart:

13 Likes

The GL book, or who does that song?

4 Likes

The Moon theme is one of the best songs Iā€™ve ever heard, and you canā€™t go wrong with a classic like the Zelda theme.

5 Likes

I listen to a bunch of genres, not feeling any metal or rap today. Hereā€™s some randoms. First oneā€™s a bit of a rattle snake.

Close it out with some Titans S2

4 Likes

Oh also, Cool thread :+1:

4 Likes

Wait a minute. Thereā€™s a Beastie Boys Doc by Spike out there??? Iā€™ll be watching it today, no joking. Thank u. I had no idea that existed & thatā€™s one of my favorite groups ever.

3 Likes

@MissInkBlot
I did come to this ā€œOpen Micā€ with karaoke in mind. So as a playlist, Iā€™d probably look at it as a karaoke DJ calling up folks for songs as the context of the playlist.

Killer Croc - Because Bill Haley and the Comets is a great opener. So full of fun bouncy energy. And Iā€™m not gonna tell KC that he has to wait.
See you later alligator - Bill Haley and Comets

Power Girl since the drum beat is so pronounced and deliberate. Also, sex sells. Itā€™s a throat grabber that says ā€œWeā€™re not afraid of doing some seriously sexy stuff.ā€
Adam & The Ants - Physical (Youā€™re So)

Question - This is to show different decades represented, so this is not just one huge throwback and the costume visual would be a sharp change in pace.
[Big Data - Dangerous (feat. Joywave)](Official Music Video]](YouTube)

Catwoman - Something very fun, playful & whimsical.
Adam Ant - Puss 'n Boots (Video)

Huntress (Helena Bertinelli) - Now after some fun, we need so sarcasm.
No Doubt - Just A Girl

Geo-Force (Young Justice version) - Something upbeat and a way of being the first part of our only themed pair. Because by now, nobody would be expecting it.
The B-52ā€™s " Lava " ( Album Version )

Volcana - This is a the second half of the only thematic pair and while thematically the same, a virtually total change of pace and temp, while still retaining that upbeat fun.
Irving Berlin - Weā€™re having a heatwave.

Bouncing Boy and Duo Damsel - Now is the time for a love duet with a real OTP. After all the fun, it will pull at that heart strings of the crowd.
ABC - Forever Together

Hades - This is for all the people who had a problem internalizing a love song. Maybe they recently broke up or are still harboring a grudge against an ex.
Alice Cooper - Go to Hell

Sir Justin, aka The Shining Knight - Again is a positive reinforcement song about keeping true to yourself.
Adam & The Ants - Prince Charming

Constantine - Johnā€™s probably had two to many by this point and his ego is just needing to get petted,
Alice Cooper - Iā€™m the Coolest

Wonder Woman - Who better to follow him than WW, with a song that shows to be the coolest, itā€™s youā€™re presence that really does it. (AKA: Sod off you drunken git, see what really being the coolest really means.)
Adam Ant - Amazon

Jonah Hex - A slight bit of melancholy just to ground people again is preparation for the finale.
Alice Cooper - Desperado

Sgt Rock and Easy Company - A group song is always a good way to end the night. Itā€™s fast, upbeat and patriotic. What more could ya ask for in a finale.
The Blasters - American Music

Thatā€™s my playlist.
How would you arrange it MIB?

3 Likes

I so wanted to put those & other Sublime songs on here, but was afraid :scream: of the content. I went safe with Badfish. Ball & Chain rolls so hard itā€™s sick. For covers that were revamped, itā€™s tough to beat most of 40oz to freedom. Van Halen is same way. A few remakes, but rearranged with their own style.

2 Likes

Hello, everyone! Hereā€™s the link for this weekā€™s new theme in case you need it! :slight_smile:

@Pollster - Same here - karaoke night with the DC Family would be great, in general, but making it forum-suitable would be pretty cool, too. What came to mind for you when you first thought about it? Curious if thatā€™s something that might be possible. :thinking:

@ralphsix - Oh! Iā€™m sorry, when I read the combo of ā€œtitleā€ and ā€œstarringā€ with ā€œsong in the same flavor,ā€ I thought you were referring to another song/music video. If you meant book, thatā€™s great, too! Iā€™m always happy for something to add to my read list if possible. :slight_smile: Iā€™m sorry for the misunderstanding!

@TheRosses - True words! Iā€™ve never played Ducktales so I had to look up some of the gameplay. Already knew you had great taste in games by the inclusion of Zelda, so Iā€™m happy to say Ducktales did not disappoint, either. :wink:

@Aquamon - Why thank you! And back atā€™cha with regards to your list - that is quite the mix of sounds there! :smiley: I havenā€™t had the chance to listen through them, but will do so soon! I have to finish going through everything for lyrics, as @capo-mage mentioned, too, but that wonā€™t take long. Did you want these added to the list as just a general add (no character association), with the last attached to Titans?

@DeSade-acolyte - I love the way you organized it, actually! The thought process you went through with your ordering is much more well-designed than mine is, since I tend to depend heavily on the songā€™s general energy. For mine, since I open up all the songs in a new window and order multi-song posts by ebb and flow, this is how yours turned out on my end (sort of a warm up, workout, cool down setup):
ā€œAmerican Music,ā€ by The Blasters
ā€œHeat Wave,ā€ by Irving Berlin
ā€œSee You Later Alligator,ā€ by Bill Hailey and the Comets
ā€œLava,ā€ by The B-52ā€™s
ā€œJust a Girl,ā€ by No Doubt
ā€œ4 Ever 2 Gether,ā€ by ABC
ā€œPuss 'n Boots,ā€ by Adam Ant
ā€œAmazon,ā€ by Adam Ant
ā€œPhysical,ā€ by Adam & The Ants
ā€œGo to Hell,ā€ by Alice Cooper
ā€œDangerous,ā€ by Big Data (feat. Joywave)
ā€œIā€™m the Coolest,ā€ by Alice Cooper
ā€œPrince Charming,ā€ by Adam & The Ants
ā€œDesperado,ā€ by Alice Cooper

Youā€™d make for a fantastic DJ, though, especially for a DC-knowledgeable crowd picking up on all of the nuances present in your reasoning. You never fail to impress! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks. I have a theater background, it was my major in college as well) mostly acting but also on occasion directing, lighting design and sound design.
So for me Iā€™m looked at it as a play structure, where do you build, cut back, and grab the audience by the throat to make sure they are still paying attention. If I was going to stage it, thatā€™s the order Iā€™d use. So that is my thought process.

1 Like

Hey buddy! Hope youā€™ve been well with all the crazy. Yeah man, love me some sublime. Bought there greatest hits sheet music when I was 20 and would play them till my fingers were raw. 5446 and the cover of the talking heads this must be the place are rare examples of covers being better than the original. Hey did you spot Justin Bieber in the Silversun pickups video? :rofl:

3 Likes

@capo-mage - Indeed! :slight_smile: I was trying to see if I could find what I was reading on it, but couldnā€™t yet. In the meantime, hereā€™s the trailer if youā€™re able to see it:

Iā€™m so happy youā€™ll be able to check it out, now, and hope you like it! :slight_smile:

@Pollster - The brave and bold and tech savvyā€¦ I like that. :slight_smile: The concept reminds me of that program I heard about in the past where people could plan out and create setups where they accompany each other. Something like that. Iā€™ll think it over, though, since Iā€™m trying to work out what could be added. I appreciate the food for thought!

@DeSade-acolyte - Ah, that makes perfect sense! The talent is certainly evident, thatā€™s for sure. I really like the structuring mentioned, so Iā€™ll have to pay attention to how your setup in the future. Less of my usual ā€œflying by the seat of my pantsā€ is always a good thing. >,< :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks for elaborating!

2 Likes

Howdy @MissInkBlot, Hope you and the mods are doing well. Goodness, Iā€™m sorry I didnā€™t really read the post. I just saw people throwin up music and jumped in. Yeah they can be just general with the talking heads cover put under Titans. The ā€œThinkā€ song could be for Starfire and Nightwing maybe. Thank you. Curious as to what you think of the list once it gets down past the Silversun pickups.

For the superhero list

Halo in YJ S3 when Artemis first finds her.

For when Cyborg goes all shinning on Halo

No on the Bieber. However, WoW. U just mentioned #2 of my favorite bands of all times. I have an amazing Sublime movie with CD & A idk how to explain it CD. Obviously all of their cds. Iā€™ll find a pic, of the one that has them playing on radio shows, interviews etc. I completely understand the raw fingers. I did it on drums, trying to match Bud Gaugh. Doing ok with the crazy kind of a lone wolf anyways. Iā€™ll dig up that photo. I know Iā€™ve shown u my concert ticket b4 when they played with Offspring. I have a Sublime hat, & at least 5 shirts. 3 more got stolen from me. Iā€™ll post shirts at some point. Talking Heads, I have everything. Including Stop Making Sense in concert. The best filmed live concert ever imho.

)

2 Likes

Awe man Nice! Yeah I remember being jealous about the Offspring! I see them with Rome twice, was to young for Bradley RIP. I dig Rome though def like Panic and Wicked Heart. Had that hat when I was a teen! The plaques are awesome!

This is amazing and I absolutely LOVE that song, @Reaganfan78! The Beach Boys is one of my favorite bands since childhood! :green_heart: :green_heart:

1 Like

Sublimeā€™s CDs are hands down my most played albums ever. Every every summer all the time. :smiley:
I donā€™t own that version though - looks lovely.

1 Like

Love itā€¦itā€™s interesting. Itā€™s funny. When I began listening to Sublime: nobody would give it a chance. I was on it right away. However, during that timeā€¦my Sublime cds would disappear at every party I brought them to. All of a sudden, everyone loved them & my cds were stolen. I bought 40oz to freedom & Pharcyde bizarre ride to the Pharcyde every other week. Iā€™d say check this out. Nobody would seem interested & then I was out a cd. Pharcyde was so hard to find. To this dayā€¦ itā€™s $25 for that cd if you can find it. Anyways I went to a head shop/ music store to replace 40oz for the umpteenth time: the girl working there said we just got this in. If you like Sublime youā€™d probably like it. Thatā€™s how I ended up with that. I bought it instantly. Itā€™s great. Radio interviews, live performances, regularly tracks. Has everythingā€¦

1 Like