🎆 🎶 Mixtape Monday- New Year's Edition! 🎶 🎆

Welcome back to Mixtape Monday, where we bring you soundtracks inspired by your favorite comic book characters. I hope everyone had an amazing holiday!

This Week’s Theme: Happy New Year!

This week is all about the New Year. I’m personally not sad to see 2023 go, and hopeful for what 2024 has in store! What songs are on your playlist going into the New Year? Drop your selections below!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! If our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

14 Likes
12 Likes
11 Likes
10 Likes

Greetings Mix Mob! :notes: :inkys_mixtape_mob: :clinking_glasses:

The first song was for all the fun I had lastnight :full_moon_with_face: :dancer:t2:

This one is for today…

(And since I have this handy) Happy Nat’l Bloody Mary Day, everybody! :tropical_drink::purple_heart:

15 Likes

I :heart: this track—nice pick @ZatannaZ! F+TM too! :raised_hands:

12 Likes

Thank you so much! :smiling_face:

10 Likes

The Zombies are underrated, imo. :purple_heart: I actually did covers of both of these once…tmi, yea :guitar: :laughing: :see_no_evil:

And here’s this one, just cuz

Okay, bye.

14 Likes

Make it your year…

Yeah yeah, somebody was gonna do it…

And if all else fails…

15 Likes

One of my favorite Zombies tracks of all time!

Anyway, first up is “Time in a Bottle” by Jim Croce

“1999” by Prince

And “Golden Years” by David Bowie

11 Likes

(1) The Irish Rovers - Wasn’t That A Party (Lyrics on screen) - YouTube

8 Likes

I’m hoping this is a safe place to admit my deep dark secret…

I was in my late thirties before I realized the correlation of Bane’s three primary henchmen; Trogg, Bird, and Zombie… no, not because li’l 16 year old Keath hadn’t heard of said bands. I’m just dense.

11 Likes
13 Likes
13 Likes
12 Likes

I’m gonna share two Melanie songs. The first one is Pluto, because it’s about starting fresh after a rough patch. I played this song constantly when going through a lot of unhappy changes, such as losing multiple relationships and friendships with people within a very short amount of time (from June all the way through December). This song means the most to me:

The second is Death, and the reason I’m sharing this one is because this year I took particular interest in learning more about Tarot cards since I write about them when I get them in a reading and after they’ve come to fruition. One of the Majors is the Death Card, which signifys change, the death of something leads to the birth of something new, one chapter ends so another one begins, you get the picture. Since Melanie is also into spirituality and wrote an EP inspired by Tarot cards as well, sharing this song feels right in reference to celebrating the closer of the 2023 door, and opening the 2024 door:

10 Likes

The Zombies were indeed pretty awesome.

10 Likes
11 Likes
13 Likes

I’m late again, lol but this is what came to mind. Happy new year! :fireworks:

15 Likes