đŸŽ¶ Mixtape Monday - New Beginnings đŸŽ¶

Hello again, dearest DC Family!

Uh, so
 last week was a little weird, huh?

We apologize for the inconvenience that, um, temporary hiccup
 might’ve caused all of you. But, we’re also grateful your music was sufficient in charming Kelex into seeking compromise and cooperation over taking complete control.

As expected, only DC’s highly sought after, master-class mixers could be capable of neutralizing so frightful a threat, and giving something akin to true emotion to so unlikely a subject. :slight_smile: To our delight, all is well again in DC Universe now that Kelex was able to experience, first hand, the creativity, and goodness in all of you that we see on a daily basis. :heart:

To check out what’s now on the daily Kelex playlist, click here!

This Week’s Theme:
DCU: New Beginnings!

:partying_face:

Speaking of which, the community’s even more deserving of praise this week, as well!

Can you believe it? A few weeks ago, the DC Family celebrated Community 2.0’s Birthday, and it feels like the year’s gone by in blink of an eye! Yet, indisputably, with every passing day, you’ve given us reason after reason to adore all of you more and more, and for that, we can’t thank you enough. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

You were fellow seedlings present during our first days, accompanied us on the journey through our second year of growth, and, to our delight, are looking forward to next year’s array of new beginnings as much as we are - that said, it’s as much your celebration as it is ours, and this Mixtape Monday, we’re asking you to help us start things off right with a playlist that pays remembrance to one iteration of DC Universe, and offers a cheerful hello to the next.

Join us in celebrating the many bonds and friendships made, and the THOUSANDS of posts, created over the many hours, days, and months - posts full of mutual interests, games, polls, excitement, happy days, sad days and birthdays
 all shared together as a budding community that’s nowhere near finished blossoming! :sunflower:

Let us know what songs represent the promise of new beginnings for you below! :slight_smile:

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines, the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post a track of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the full list of tunes collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

9 Likes

Coldplay’s a go-to band for me when in an inspirational mood, so I’m going to go with the following:

“Don’t Panic,” by Coldplay

And follow up with another song that puts me in a positive mood (I love this particular version of this song - everything makes it, from there being multiple artists, to the crowd, and the cheering, etc):

“Up&Up,” by Coldplay (featuring Beyonce and Bruno Mars)

Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Welcome back @MissInkBlot, It’s so great to have you back and hope you enjoy my music pick of The New Beginning.:grinning:

7 Likes

I’m not super active on the forums here, Mixtape Monday’s are probably the only thing I really participate in.
But I hope I can call you all friends. And thanks for putting up with my shared musical shenanigans!

“Time & Confusion”, by Anberlin

“All I Want”, by A Day To Remember

7 Likes

Well hello there MissInkBlot and everyone else! :wave: :sunglasses:

Last week’s Mixtape was very
 Intriguing (and fun), MissInkBlot. :joy:

Ah, new beginnings
 There are a few that I have in mind. :superman_hv_3:

First up is this one with the new beginnings each day taking shape in the form of these lyrics:

:musical_note: Like the sun, we will live to rise
 :musical_note:

Next, I thought of this tune from Kansas from these lyrics:
:musical_note: Sail on, sail on
I will rise each day to meet the dawn
So high, so high
I’ve climbed the mountains of the sky :musical_note:

And speaking of flying
 The score of Man of Steel comes to mind again with how it slowly builds up over the course of the score and reminded me of how it was a new beginning for Clark. :clark_hv_1:

It was also a lot of fun seeing the behind the scenes making of it during FanDome! Fun fact is that they had 9 drummers recording one day and 12 on another. :eyes: :astonished:

Finally, in also keeping with the flying to a new beginning, it would be this uplifting tune from CCR. :grin:

5 Likes

Glad to see your safe, MissInkBlot!

5 Likes
5 Likes

Hiya @MissInkBlot
Glad you’re back.
Kelex and I were on a philosophical collision course. He really needs his programming checked. I think there’s some Brainiac code in some of his subroutines.

Anyway
New beginnings are sometimes the result of old endings. One door closes and another opens. Or sometimes they are the “medicine journey”, where one leave, discovers, and return home. Returning home may not seem like a new beginning, but having changed during the “journey”, one does not return the same. So while the location may be the same, life in it is new & different,

With that in mind, here’s this weeks playlist.

Don’t be square (be there) - Adam & The Ants

Prince Charming - Adam and The Ants

Friend or Foe - Adam Ant

I’m Going Home - Alice Cooper

I’m Going Home - Rocky Horror

Kiss The Future - The Human League

The Things That Dreams Are Made Of - The Human League

Spinning Around - Kylie Minogue
(Note: The Gold Lamé shorts from the video are now on permanent display at the Arts Centre Melbourne, having been deemed a part of Australian pop culture history.)

Come Into My World - Kylie Minogue

Destination Unknown - Missing Persons

Only 10 or so songs. I’m gonna try and keep it in that range.

6 Likes

Sad now since how the singer died

If you want to know Karen’s
Story

8 Likes

Hello there everybody, hey @MissInkBlot,

I hope everyone is doing good, staying warm and dry, and having a good week. So new beginnings, celebrating both the out with the old and the in with the new is how I’m reading this. I’d like to start with

The Beatles-Here Comes The Sun
Everyday is a new beginning, the chance to start something new. If you fall off track start back on the next day so here comes the sun, the start of a new day.

Johnny Nash- I Can See Clearly Now
Sometimes you need to step back from something to get a better perspective. Walk away for a bit and return undistracted.

Kool & The Gang- Celebrate
Fat boy Slim- Praise You
Prince- 1999
Nothing said party and celebration like ending the millennium

Pharrell Williams- Happy
Andrew W.K.- Party Hard
Michael Buble’- Feeling Good
Quincy Jones- Soul Bossa Nova
It’s just a happy peppy song and it best to start things with a good attitude, and finally

Louis Armstrong- it’s a Wonderful World
I just thought it would be a good song to end the set on.

Thank you and everyone have a good week. MissInkBlot have a good hiatus. Doesn’t sound like a vacation but I hope you can make the best of it.

6 Likes

If you haven’t heard this one, you’re welcome. :wink:

6 Likes

So really, we’re gonna be Post-Crisis DC Universe.

7 Likes

This is for the service opening up globally

5 Likes

nice

1 Like

To: . . . . . . . . . [@MissInkBlot] :white_heart:
. . . x125
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . RE: Revolutions

( ( A-First-of-its-Kind ) ) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . [alt. Curated Multimedia]
Who Says a Funk Band Can’t Play Rock?! by Funkadelic

( ( DC Universe. ) ) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
 [alt. Note the Punctuation]
(I Wanna) Testify by The Parliaments

( ( T.D.S.YJ.HQ. ) ) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .[alt. Fountainhead of Originals]
Sledgehammer by Peter Gabriel

( ( Communauté Numérique Build ) ) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . | . . . . . . . . . . . . . [alt. Version Authentique]
Heartbreak Beat by The Psychedelic Furs

( ( No Sleep 'til Mixtape Monday ) ) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
 [alt. She’s MissInkBlot]
Alive by Beastie Boys

( ( Corporate Machinations ) ) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . [alt. Paradox Marketing]
Ball Of Confusion (That’s What The World Is Today) by The Temptations

( ( For the Dreamers/Originators ) ) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
 . .[alt. Revolutionary Revolutions]
Miles From Nowhere by Yusuf Islam [formerly, Cat Stevens]

( ( DC Universe. Pt. II ) ) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . [alt. Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars]
For All We Know by Donny Hathaway

( ( the Good Fight/Independent Thinkers ) ) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . [alt. Elegant Universe.]
Williams Blood by Grace Jones

( ( In the Future with . . . ) )
A Place Called Home by PJ Harvey

:musical_note: Hidden Track :musical_note:
( ( . . \ \ \ . . . [->IlO] ) ) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . [alt. Brand New Shoes]
Do Yourself A Favor by Prince

Thanks: Above / Tulsi G. / Abby M. / the Empire Files / Applejack / MissInkBot / Pretty.Poison.Bombshell / DC Universe. / All my DCU. Digital Neighbors / the Mixtape Monday Crew / the Society of Diana In Black ℱ / Sincerity / Community / & Strength to all who have also been alienated and de-humanized /

small>#x:white_heart:|Doomx

4 Likes

Why didn’t I think of this sooner?

And as I was searching that one, I thought of

And of course

3 Likes