🎶 Mixtape Monday: JSA 🎶

Welcome back to another edition of Mixtape Monday! Last week, we travelled far into space and the future to put together the ultimate Legion of Super-Heroes playlist:
Legion of Super-Heroes Playlist
  • “Starman”, by David Bowie
  • “Drops of Jupiter (Tell Me)”, by Train
  • “Can We Fix It”, by Paul K. Joyce
  • “Immortals”, by Fall Out Boy
  • “Legionnaire”, by Scott Buckley
  • “Theme From Battlestar Galactica”, by Stu Phillips
  • “Heroes Of Tomorrow”, by Hellish War
  • “Holding Out for a Hero”, by Emery
  • “Changes”, by David Bowie
  • “Song For A Future Generation”, by The B-52’s
  • “United We Stand”, by Steve Perry
  • “Back in Time”, by Huey Lewis and the News
  • “Time”, by Pink Floyd
  • “I Won’t Back Down”, by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
  • “Telstar”, by The Tornados
  • “For Science”, by They Might Be Giants
  • “The Future’s So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades”, by Timbuk 3
  • “The Greatest”, by Louis Tomlinson
  • “Hero”, by Enrique Iglesias

This Week’s Theme: JSA

For this week, we’re moving from the far future of the Legion to create the ultimate playlist for the very first superhero team ever-the JSA!

What songs do you think belong on the perfect soundtrack for the original superhero team? Share your picks with us, below! (And if you’re eager to read more about the JSA, be sure to check out The New Golden Age when it arrives on DCU this week!)

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

16 Likes

Every time DC takes the team away from me, Implosion, Crisis, Carlin, New 52, I just think of this song.

my grandparents were part of the World War II Generation and this was their favorite

15 Likes
13 Likes

This is probably a bit of an odd choice, but one of the things I like about the JSA is how there are multiple different versions and incarnations, and it seems like they’ll always be back, even if they’re gone at the moment, which fits this song well, I think:

16 Likes

Because every time the JSA gets written off, they always come flying home.

12 Likes

Happy birthday @ChaoticScholar!

9 Likes
12 Likes

Happy Birthday @ChaoticScholar :partying_face: :tada: :piñata: :mirror_ball: I hope you’ve had a great day :smiley:

10 Likes

This one is a tribute to WW1 but can be seen as a tribute to soldiers in general.

14 Likes

Best birthday wishes to you!

9 Likes

Thanks, everybody :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Happy birthday, @ChaoticScholar! I hope you’re having a great one, and I’m glad Mixtape Monday is part of your day. :slight_smile: :birthday: :birthday:

9 Likes

It’s a nice part of my week. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Not a big Toby Keith fan, but I like this song.

I ain’t as good as I once was
But I’m as good once as I ever was

9 Likes

Happy birthday, @ChaoticScholar !

6 Likes

Since the JSA started during WWII, “Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy” by The Andrew Sisters makes sense.

13 Likes

One of my favorite songs from that era. Love those ladies!

8 Likes

When I think JSA I think upbeat, so…

Kids in America - Kim Wilde

10 Likes

Legends never die maybe? I think it goes with almost any Hero or team

10 Likes
13 Likes