🎶 Mixtape Monday: JSA 🎶

13 Likes

The Stargirl show had a lot of nice tracks to it.

9 Likes

True

9 Likes

I’m a sucker for oldies… so here’s two:

“Praise The Lord And Pass The Ammunition”, by Kay Kyser

“Ain’t Misbehavin’”, by Fats Waller

13 Likes

Good Morning @Green.Lantern, hope you’re doing well, here’s my two picks for JSA, hope you enjoy it. :smiley:

:jsa_book_club:

11 Likes

Kay Kyser and Fats Waller, two more favorites of mine from the era. Any other fans of these two out there?

9 Likes

I’ve loved Fats Waller ever since I saw the movie Be Kind Rewind. I do need to listen to him more, though. :musical_keyboard:

9 Likes

Did you ever see Kay Kyser’s movies? They turn up on TCM occasionally, but a couple of good ones are You’ll Find Out (with Karloff, Lugosi and Lorre!) and Playmates (John Barrymore in his final film).

8 Likes

I need to! I really like big band music, and that whole period. A biography of Frank Sinatra I read a while back talked a lot about that era, and made me even more interested in it.

10 Likes

I love both Kay Kyser and Fats Waller. But then I have always loved music from the 1930s and 1940s.

8 Likes

2 (anti-) war (protest) songs. That Animals tune was the #1 radio request by the troops during Vietnam :vietnam:#freefunfacts.

10 Likes

I know this is cross-pollinating between the Big Two, but the JSA enters the public domain in 14 years, so

9 Likes

8 Likes

Not to derail the topic, but I LOVE this movie. It kicked off a nice YouTube subculture of “sweded” movies that I’m very much obsessed with.

(Not a mixtape submission)

8 Likes

I’ve been trying to think of another song for the JSA, and I don’t know why I didn’t think of this one before. “We Are the Champions” by Queen.

10 Likes

This is late, but it took me a bit to find something I liked that fit.

5 Likes

Now you get all me sad of all the characters and teams DC Comics just forgot about. :sob:

For the JSA I think Imagine Dragons America might be a good song to honor the team’s WW2 history. Giving hope to a generation of Americans during that tribulation period.

5 Likes