🎶 Mixtape Monday: John Stewart 🎶

“No. No, Gurion. We’ll explain PowerPoint and licensed proprietary business software next week. … Okay, we’ll cover PowerPoint in three weeks. Next week we’ll cover computers. Then commercial software I guess. Then, just maybe, we’ll be ready for PowerPoint. For now, lets just focus on how Earth got from Rosetta Tharpe to Skrillex.”

4 Likes

“Hey, man, my cousin made this really great demo, he produced it himself, he played all the instruments and made the beat, I think you should give it a chance.”
“Ma’am, I don’t know what you think I have jurisdiction over but I guarantee you you are incorrect.”

Alternatively:
He feels bad so he takes the tape but idk Luthor steals it bc he thinks it’s Secret Justice League Secrets and Superhero Shenanigans ensue

4 Likes

I 100% heard this in Phil Lamarr’s voice.

I’d read this series.

4 Likes

Blockquote 100% heard this in Phil Lamarr’s voice

Blockquote
That was the desired effect
I do think it would be funny if John:

1. took the tape, fully intending to throw it away
  2. Wally guilt-trips him into finding a way to distribute it (“Haven’t you ever had a dream, JOHN? Do you want to break this kid’s heart?”
    “He’s 36.”
    “Do you want to break this adult man’s heart? Green Lantern is supposed to save the universe from all forms of evil, and isn’t the music industry itself a kind of evil? Don’t you want to help this poor, downtrodden man with a trust fund realize his dreams?”)
  3. Wally and John are now on a mission to get this guy’s crappy album distributed
3 Likes

:heart_hands:

Who do we need to talk to to make this happen? Will kidnapping Phil Lamarr work in our favor? Asking for a friend.

4 Likes

Another song to throw in because it’s just So Green Lantern: Space Truckin’ by Deep Purple!

4 Likes

Get him and Rosenbaum on board and I think we’re set

3 Likes

I know this is super late but I’d like to submit: Life’s a Gas by T-Rex

4 Likes

Okay I’m finally doing it I’m gonna draw it stay tuned y’all

4 Likes

My favorite Ramones song!! SUPER underrated

3 Likes