šŸŽ¶ Mixtape Monday: Hal Jordan šŸŽ¶

Thank you. :smiley: That might be one of my favorit gifs now.

9 Likes

Thatā€™s always a great choice. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

This is always a fun song to listen to, and Iā€™m always happy whenever the Beatles show up in a Mixtape. :smiley:

10 Likes

Iā€™m late again, but this line about music being an aeroplane makes sense for @Green.Lantern good luck!

8 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile: This looks like another great addition.

7 Likes

Thatā€™s in my top 50 ever list. That leaves 49 to cover the entirety of musical history. Itā€™s not too often that someone selects a record from my lifetime top 50 collection!!! That song dominates!!

7 Likes

Dear @Green.Lantern (and anybody else reading this),
First, if I had known this list was technically for you, GL, I wouldā€™ve brought better songs! :see_no_evil: Since youā€™ve popped in recently, tho, and I remember you mentioning Woody Guthrie quite a few times over the years, I have something special for you (should you see it)! Itā€™s going to come with a story, tooā€¦

(Wait. Gotta go get one of my fave gifs, first :stuck_out_tongue:)

cat-cat-reading

Anyone here who knows me, knows that I came from a multi-generational/multi-cultural home, so I tend to have all sorts of strange references and am nostalgic for things I have absolutely NO business being nostalgic for :laughing: but I am! And this is a prime example.

I had begged for a guitar for years, and when I was about 12, I finally got one. I was hoping for an electric by then, because a rebellious streak was beginning to show, but I was thrilled either way, and in the end, was gifted an acoustic. One day, an uncle of mine told me that ā€˜I didnā€™t need an amp to dissent or tell the truthā€™ and handed me a cd. It was Woody Guthrie (and Memphis Minnie). It definitely changed some things for me, and ever since, every guitar I ownā€”hell, even my laptop and banjo has :point_down: this saying somewhere on it (thatā€™s a pic of my first :guitar: btw)

So! For you, I have both personal faves and the first songs of theirs I ever learned, when I was but a wee lass. :dancer:t2: Plz enjoy.

Ps. Thereā€™s something about Hal mowing Supes down with a tank that amuses me deeply. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Iā€™m glad you enjoy it too!! :green_heart: Great to see you, btw!

12 Likes

Sorry I had to read as soon as I saw ā€œIā€™m a huge fan of Woody Guthrieā€ , there was no minding my own business after that, like I usually do lolā€¦

6 Likes

Thank you for sharing that, I love that story! My dad has always liked country and so I have I, so I think thatā€™s how I got into liking Woody Guthrie. I had a little high school graduation party with family and the one CD I played was one of his. :stuck_out_tongue: I also put on All in the Family for us to watch, for some reason?

7 Likes

Youā€™re welcome, its the first one i could think of that had flying &music.

Thanks, as soon as i posted my brother told me I shouldā€™ve picked a better one lol!

youre making me want to try to learn guitar again! good story.

6 Likes

:joy: oh manā€¦I have 2 older sisters but yeah, thatā€™s how they do yaā€™. High Poppy Syndrome. Once u start feeling yourself your siblings will be sure to knock u right back down to Earth where their problems exist lol

6 Likes

oh yea, thats their job lol, they re really good at it

4 Likes

@Green.Lantern This gives me an overwhelming need to call someone a meathead :see_no_evil: :laughing: I had a stretch where I was weirdly obsessed w/ Laverne & Shirley reruns and did something similar once. I get it! :green_heart:

:face_with_monocle: Now I have to drop this, you understand: (starts singing) :microphone: :notes: thereā€™s nothiiing we wonā€™t tryyy, never heard the word im-poss-ibleā€¦

@capo-mage I donā€™t mind, buddy! :hugs: You always add something to the conversation, and I appreciate it.

@MaxR :raised_hands: :smiley_cat: :notes: :guitar:

6 Likes

I watch sitcoms more than most anything else. Thereā€™s a lot of old ones I like and need to watch more of. I havenā€™t seen Laverne & Shirley much, but Iā€™d like to watch it. I need to watch Sanford and Sons and The Jeffersons more, I love both of those.

4 Likes