🎶 Mixtape Monday: Hal Jordan 🎶

Welcome back to another installment in the never-ending saga that is Mixtape Monday! Last week, we put together a playlist for one of the greatest teams ever, the JSA:
JSA Playlist
  • “We’ll Meet Again”, by Vera Lynn
  • “In the Mood”, by Glenn Miller
  • “The Untouchables”, by Ennio Morricone
  • “Highwayman”, by The Highwaymen
  • “Flying Home”, by Lionel Hampton
  • “The Star Spangled Banner”, by Francis Scott Key
  • “War”, by Edwin Starr
  • “The Times They Are A-Changin’”, by Bob Dylan
  • “This Land is Your Land”, by Woody Guthrie
  • “As Good as I Once Was”, by Toby Keith
  • “Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy”, by The Andrews Sisters
  • “Kids in America”, by Kim Wilde
  • “History”, by One Direction
  • “Classic”, by MKTO
  • “Sing, Sing, Sing”, by Benny Goodman
  • “Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition”, by Kay Kiser and His Orchestra
  • “Ain’t Misbehavin’”, by Fats Waller
  • “Real American”, by Hulk Hogan
  • “Faith of the Heart”, by Rod Stewart
  • “War Pigs”, by Black Sabbath
  • “We Gotta Get out of This Place”, by The Animals
  • “Moon Girl Magic”, by Diamond White
  • “We Are the Champions”, by Queen

This Week’s Theme: Hal Jordan

For this week, we're moving on from one of the greatest superhero hero teams of all time to the greatest Green Lantern of all time-Hal Jordan!

What songs do you think Hal would listen to while he’s flying at high speeds through the skies of Earth and the universe? Share your picks with us, below!

I’ll start things off with two classics from the eighties, because Hal often seems like he should be starring in an eighties action classic:

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

15 Likes
16 Likes
13 Likes
13 Likes

“Will Power”, by ATLUS Sound Team

“Fearless”, by For Today

13 Likes

Hello @Green.Lantern,
Love it that this week is all about you, before you take off and fly away, here’s my 2 pick just for you, hope you like it. :grinning:

:00_lc_green_lantern:

11 Likes

F I N A L L Y! To the surprise of no one, I already have an entire Hal-themed playlist

12 Likes
13 Likes
12 Likes
11 Likes

“Sunshine Superman” by Donivan, which actually mentions “Green Lantern”

And then “Mighty Wings” by Cheap Trick

11 Likes

Oops, Just saw where someone else had posted “Mighty Wings.” for my second song here is “Fly Me to the Moon” by Frank Sinatra. I honestly think Hal would be a big Sinatra fan.

12 Likes

I think he would be, too! This has always been one of my favorite Sinatra songs.

10 Likes
11 Likes

OH GOD NOT THE BANANA SONGGGG AAAHaHHHHHH MY EYES!! WhaAT HAVE YOU DONE???!!

9 Likes

This IS my life now

11 Likes

THE END THO :rofl:

8 Likes
12 Likes
10 Likes

I think Hal would appreciate these spacey songs.

Space Intro & Fly Like An Eagle - The Steve Miller Band

Pink Floyd - Interstellar Overdrive

12 Likes