šŸŽ¶ Mixtape Monday: DC Horror šŸŽ¶

happy birthday @discordia57!!!

5 Likes

Happy Birthday @discordia57! Hope you have a great Birthday today! :partying_face::birthday::tada::confetti_ball:

5 Likes

Happiest of Birthdays @discordia57
:birthday::birthday::birthday:

5 Likes

Thanks @Jurisdiction, @Reaganfan78 & @DickGrayson_TheBoyFriendWonder! I just got back from the comic shop and lunch at my favorite restaurant. My mom got me ā€œInvisible Men: The Trailblazing Black Artists of Comic Books,ā€ which Iā€™ve been wanting. So, time to sit back, relax and enjoy some reading! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

9 Likes

Happy birthday! Most all I want for birthdays anymore is books, so that definitely sounds like a good birthday to me. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Happy Birthday @discordia57! :tada: :partying_face: :birthday: :gift: :books: :tada:

Say. There were some horror song aspects to when The Spectre had a few episodes on Constantine. :ghost: :fire:

And have to include the theme for it as well for you in celebrating. :smiley:

6 Likes

Thanks @ajm08g! I like the inclusion of these song, they definitely work for the thread.
I remember being so excited when I read that Jim Corrigan was going to be on ā€œConstantine,ā€ then being disappointed when I saw him. I loved the show, but we never got a real Spectre. And I was also disappointed in the Arrowverse version of Jim Corrigan.

The Spectre with a beard, just doesnā€™t do it for me. I kinda liked Olie as Spectre, that bearded version was somewhat acceptable, because it was Oliver and made sense for the story, but still. Iā€™d like a true Spectre live action. I wish theyā€™d do an HBOmax show, influenced by the Animated short a few years back, cause that was really great!

5 Likes

That sounds like a nice birthday wishā€¦ I wonā€™t tell so perhaps it can come true! :superman_hv_4:

4 Likes

I know I already said this, @discordia57 butā€¦ this one comes w/ music! :partying_face: :notes:

7 Likes

Thank You again, @Razzcat :hugs: And Iā€™m going to repeat myself on a couple threads too, in giving thanks to everyone who gave well wishes. It really meant a lot, more than I realized going in to today. Last yearā€™s birthday really sucked, I wonā€™t go into details, but it wasnā€™t pretty. This year has been SOOOO much better. And I really appreciate the out pouring of love Iā€™ve received from the Community. A very big, Thank You To All Who Wished Me Well! :clinking_glasses: :beers:

6 Likes

Happy birthday!!! Glad to hear you are having a better one than last year and hopefully next year will be even better!

5 Likes

The Addams Family is my Favorite scary song. and the Monster mash

7 Likes

Listening to otherā€™s suggestions, I had some atmospheric stuff come to mind, so hereā€™s a few more if thatā€™s cool:

ā€œWaking Up to a Nightmareā€, by Petri Alanko

ā€œAncient Machineā€, by Martin Oā€™Donnell

ā€œLychfield Cemeteryā€, by Russell Shaw

7 Likes

really, take your pick with Misfit songs.

Seems like a lot of Ramone fans werenā€™t crazy about this one but I thought it was okay.

R. Rhoads, such a savage!

9 Likes

It certainly should. Whether one is a fan of his White Zombie era, his solo work or both (which is where I fit in), the dudeā€™s a badass.

5 Likes

I saw him on his first solo tour. He opened for Korn. In retrospect, Korn should have been opening for him.

5 Likes

Agreed.

You know, Iā€™d be curious to hear Zombie cover Kornā€™s ā€œGot The Lifeā€, which is a favorite of mine.

4 Likes

I agree, but as I said, there are so many Misfits songs Iā€™d like to share, though @Applejack might put you in a time out, cause they break the ā€œCommunityā€ rules. :laughing:

I :sparkling_heart: your selections! I love ā€œPet Semataryā€ and ā€œMr. Crowley.ā€ I especially like the inclusion of the ā€œLiveā€ version. I always opt for those if I can find a decent version. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

I was kinda surprised nothing from this franchise made the listā€¦

Of course I remember this as Iā€™m going to sleepā€¦ :flushed:

5 Likes
6 Likes