đŸŽ¶ Mixtape Monday: DC Horror đŸŽ¶

Welcome back and gather round the campfire for this week’s extra-spooky edition of Mixtape Monday! But first, check out the playlist we put together last week, full of sharp and cutting songs in honor of Katana:

Katana Playlist
  • “Beware the Batman”, by Dum Dum Girls
  • “Storming the Castle”, by Blake Neely
  • “Toccata and Fugue in D Minior”, by Johann Sebastian Bach
  • “The Sword Woman”, by Smoulder
  • “Soul Taker”, by Lucky Dube
  • “Fugue in G Minor”, by Johann Sebastian Bach
  • “Ghosts ‘n’ Stuff”, by deadmau5
  • “Samurai Metal”, by Gyze
  • “Cuts Like a Knife”, by Bryan Adams
  • “The Blade”, by Sion
  • “Chaoz Japan”, by ParagonX9
  • “Born to be Wild”, by Steppenwolf
  • “Cuts You Up”, by Peter Murphy
  • “Makes Me Wanna Die (The Weekend Mix)”, by Tricky
  • “Heads Will Roll”, by Yeah Yeah Yeahs
  • “Dear Agony”, by Breaking Benjamin
  • “Torn in Two”, by Breaking Benjamin
  • “Claudia’s Theme”, from Unforgiven
  • “The Lonely Shephered”, by Gheorghe Zamfir
  • “Flash of the Blade”, by Iron Maiden
  • “Double Crossed Fool”, from Hellsing OST RAID
  • “This House”, by Alison Moyet
  • “Infiltration”, by Sascha Dikiciyan and Cris Velasco
  • “Symphony No. 8”, by Franz Schubert
  • “Green Hornet Theme”, by Al Hirt
  • “Bat Out of Hell”, by Meatloaf
  • “Epiphany”, from Sweeney Todd
  • “Love Theme”, from House
  • "

This Week’s Theme: DC Horror!

Debuting in stores on Tuesday, June 1st is the new DC Horror imprint. To celebrate this exciting and frightening development, we want to know what songs you would put on the dream (or nightmare?) soundtrack to listen to while reading spooky and horrifying DC comics! Share your picks with us, below!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

18 Likes

So about a year ago, we had a DCeased themed week and I introduced you all to The Devil Wears Prada “Zombie EP”. Five tracks of surviving a zombie apocalypse.

About two weeks ago, they released a follow up called “ZII”. It’s been in my rotation for a while now, so I have to suggest the new five tracks of hopelessness during said zombie apocalypse.

the entire “ZII EP”, by The Devil Wears Prada

13 Likes

Hey all, I hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend. I’m just getting this out there now

Back with more later

13 Likes

There were so many songs by them I’d love to share, but they cross the lines of Community rules. This is one of the milder ones. Lol!

14 Likes

Oh hell yeah

14 Likes
14 Likes
9 Likes

I’ll add two to the Rob Zombie pile:

While DC is predominantly known for their prodigious superhero output, they do have a very storied, lengthy history in the horror realm, thus providing us with a very interesting collision of worlds.

Finally, time for some Hangin’ with Mr. Cooperℱ:

14 Likes
12 Likes

I’m guessing this playlist might set a record for most Rob Zombie inclusions. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

When I think of music that evokes a horror vibe, I think of the soundtracks for some of my favorite movies.
Goblin - Profondo Rosa (live) - This song can be heard in Deep Red.

John Carpenter - Halloween Theme (live) - Would there be a House of Horror comic club if a young and impressionable Darkstarz never saw Halloween? Would Halloween have been made if a young and impressionable John Carpenter never read horror comics when he was a kid? (You can read more on John Carpenter’s love of horror comics in EC Archives: Tales From The Crypt vol. 1)

John Carpenter - Christine
To go even further down the hole, would I be the same person without Stephen King books in my life?

Carpenter Brut - Turbo Killer
One of the better things that have happened in the niche music world is the rise of synthwave. It encompasses all of the great synth sounds from 80s horror flicks with fresh musical themes.

13 Likes

It was gonna happen one day haha

8 Likes

From one of my absolute favorite films of the last decade
 “You’re Dead” by Norma Tanega

@CaptainYesterday You used the same song I did for Katana last week. -_-

13 Likes

Season of the Witch - Donovan

Spooooky Pop!

13 Likes

When it comes to horror and music, what comes immediately to mind is the soundtracks to the Silent Hill franchise, specifically the first games by Akira Yamaoka.

11 Likes

Well hello there G.L., Mixtape Mob, and everyone else. :wave: :sunglasses:

Horror, huh? :fearful: :sweat_smile:

Digging into the music vault for these two, but they make me think of horror stories alright. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

First up, this tune. :skull:

And next, would be this one. :thinking:

I’m also happy @D4RK5TARZ you included the Halloween theme as I initially thought about that one as well. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

9 Likes

You have great taste in films haha, hope you’ve seen Hulu’s show adaptation of this! :wink:

7 Likes

Okay, so I’m back. Where to start, where to start

Thank you, kind of a theme there but everyone have a good week.

10 Likes

Adding another Rob Zombie and a few others

12 Likes

Hey Mob! Y’all been busy! :raised_hands: Great job so far—Here’s What I brought, and it didn’t take much because have a ridiculously long Halloween playlist :laughing: :ghost: Enjoy and have a great week. :purple_heart:

Die by the Drop- The Dead Weather

Hitchhiker- Le Butcherettes

In the Room Where You Sleep- Dead Mans Bones

10 Likes