🎶 Mixtape Monday: Azrael 🎶

To me, Azrael is the guy who manages to out-Goth a guy dressed as a black bat, so that brings me to The Sisters of Mercy:

Dominion/Mother Russia

And the goths, you know, we love us some religious symbolism.

UK Decay - Testament

14 Likes

Speaking of Goths, I’m just surprised no one has suggested a song by Type O Negative yet. That’s another band that would seem to fit Azrael.

9 Likes

Azrael is the guy who manages to out-Goth a guy dressed as a black bat

I just love this description. :slight_smile:

9 Likes
10 Likes

Well, Bloody Kisses was released the same week as Detective Comics 665, where JPV finally fully descends in to the AzBats and loses all concept of “justice.” Take from that what you will. :wink:

Though Type-O is maybe a bit less medieval in their religious imagery than the Order of St Dumas, I think the whole album probably works to varying degrees (though the title track obviously lends itself better to a certain other Bat-fam story arc). Dancing around forum guidelines leaves few lyrical options, so I’ll serve up the obvious …

Where “she” is obviously the sword of Azrael.

#obviously

With blonde hair and nerdy glasses, no less.

10 Likes

9 Likes

Just being a badass character in the night

Thinking about the order of St. Dumas and life

8 Likes

When will today’s thread be posted? It’s Monday, right?

6 Likes

It was a bit delayed, but you can find it right [here] (🎶 Mixtape Monday: Sinestro 🎶)! :0_lc_sinestro:

6 Likes

Two songs not listed here come to mind when I think of Azrael:

“Azrael” by Crimson Glory and “The Power Of Thy Sword” by Manowar.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @holydiverdio! And nice song picks!

3 Likes

Welcome @holydiverdio Ronnie James Dio fan I’m assuming? 5”nothing with a voice that could shake mountains. My type of lead singer. Welcome to the family!!!

2 Likes
4 Likes