🎶 Mixtape Monday: Sinestro 🎶

Welcome back to Mixtape Monday! Last week’s selections were for one of Gotham’s most dangerous vigilantes, Azrael:

Azrael Playlist
  • “Disco Inferno”, by The Trammps
  • “The Battle Hymn of the Republic”, by Julia Ward Howe
  • “Sadeness”, by Enigma
  • “Kings And Queens”, by Aerosmith
  • “Broadsword”, by Jethro Tull
  • “Deliver Us From Evil”, by Blind Guardian
  • “Soldier of Heaven”, by Sabaton
  • “Angel of Death”, by Slayer
  • “I Am the Sword”, by Motörhead
  • “A Bullet for Django”, by Warner/Chappell Productions
  • “Beg to Differ”, by Prong
  • “Through the Fire and Flames”, by DragonForce
  • “God’s Plan”, by Drake
  • “I See Fire”, by Ed Sheeran
  • “The Accolade”, by Symphony X
  • “Accolade II”, by Symphony X
  • “The Angel of Death”, by Hank Williams
  • “Ave Maria”, by Franz Schubert
  • “Daredevil Theme”, by Graeme Revell and Mike Einziger
  • " Deus Volt (The Siege of Ascalon)", by Albert Bell’s Sacro Sanctus
  • “The Cult Song”, by Shannon and the Clams
  • “Midnight City”, by M83
  • “Heaven”, by Bryan Adams
  • “Wish I Had an Angel”, by Nightwish
  • “Angel”, by Aerosmith
  • “She Talks to Angels”, by The Black Crowes
  • “Dominion”, by The Sisters of Mercy
  • “Testament”, by UK Decay
  • “Little Angel”, by Charon
  • “Ashes of Arkham”, from Batman: Arkham City
  • “Moth to a Flame”, by Swedish House Mafia

This Week’s Theme: Sinestro

This week sees the arrival of a series I’m really looking forward to reading, The Secret Society of Super-Villains. Now’s the perfect time for a playlist for one of its most powerful members and one of my all-time favorite villains, Sinestro! What songs do you think the former Green Lantern would most enjoy listening to? Share your picks with us, below!

I’ll start things off with a song all about fear that I think would be the perfect soundtrack for the beginning of the Sinestro Corps War:

And this seems appropriate since he was originally an archaeologist:

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

14 Likes

For obvious reasons, I hope:

Siouxsie and the Banshees - Fear (of the Unknown)

10 Likes

And let’s not forget that our Sinister soul from Korugar bears a resemblance to a certain horned and pitchfork-carrying someone:

It Must Have Been the Devil - Otis Spann

9 Likes

Hello @Green.Lantern,
I try to find a good song for your arch nemesis, and found one, here’s Russell Crowe singing Stars, I think it’s a good fit for Sinestro if he’s chasing somebody…

:0_lc_sinestro:

12 Likes

That does work well! I like it.

7 Likes

As a Les Miserables fan, I approve.

8 Likes

As for my recommendation:

For some reason I can picture him with his DC Bombshells design dancing the tango while this plays in the background.

11 Likes

Excellent choice!

6 Likes

“Fear Of The Dark”, by Iron Maiden

“Fear Inoculum”, by Tool

12 Likes

For now…

9 Likes
10 Likes

I feel like this is going to rival the Halloween playlists as far as fear-related songs, which makes sense. :slight_smile: I’m always excited to see CCR, especially a song I’m not that familiar with, @raider_dave66!

8 Likes
11 Likes
11 Likes

Welcome to Mixtape Monday (and the Community), @The.Elizableez! Just based on the title of this it seems like a perfect fit for Sinestro. :slight_smile: :00_lc_sinestro:

9 Likes

Admittedly lazy song selection. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I didn’t even think of all the yellow related songs, I’m kind of ashamed to say. I love Yellow Submarine. I feel like there has to have been art somewhere where a Sinestro Corps member created a submarine construct . . .

7 Likes

On a more serious note. Could talk about his conversion from the green lanterns to yellow.

10 Likes

Nothing is more frightening than a sub coming at you. :scarecrowlaughhqtas:

9 Likes

I feel like if nothing else it would throw you off your guard for a second. “Wait, is Sinestro making a Beatles reference with his construct-” And then it smashes into you.

10 Likes