đŸŽ¶ Mixtape Monday: Azrael đŸŽ¶

Welcome to another installment of Mixtape Monday! Last week’s playlist was full of diabolical tunes for Superman’s greatest foe, Lex Luthor:

Lex Luthor Playlist
  • “Everybody Wants to Rule the World”, by Tears For Fears
  • “Hair”, by The Cowsills
  • “Save Me”, by Remy Zero
  • “The Apprentice (Main Title Theme)”, from The Apprentice
  • “Shinra Theme”, from Final Fantasy VII
  • “The Corporate Enthusiast”, by Dead Poetic
  • “The Red Capes Are Coming”, by Hans Zimmer and Junkie XL
  • “Mr. Big Stuff”, by Jean Knight
  • “Build the Robots”, by Dr. Steel
  • “How Bad Can I Be?”, by Ed Helms and Kool Kojak
  • “More”, by The Sisters of Mercy
  • “Be Prepared”, by Elton John and Tim Rice
  • “Higher Brain Pattern”, by Jim Johnston
  • “Scarface (Push It to the Limit)”, by Paul Engemann
  • “This Is the Life”, by “Weird Al” Yankovic
  • “Sexx Luthor”, from Robot Chicken
  • “Bad to the Bone”, by George Thorogood & The Destroyers
  • “If I Ruled the World (Imagine That)”, by Nas
  • “King Of Pain”, by The Police
  • “Moneytalks”, by AC/DC
  • “Hungry”, by Paul Revere & the Raiders
  • “Red Right Hand”, by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
  • “Sail”, by AWOLNATION
  • “Power”, by Kanye West
  • “Get A Haircut”, by George Thorogood
  • “Fame”, by David Bowie
  • “Strange Arithmetic”, by The Coup
  • “Fake King”, by Prince Buster
  • “Thick‐Necked Man”, by Crash Test Dummies
  • “What An Idiot He Is”, by Bob Snider
  • “It’s All About the Money (The Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase)”, by WWE
  • “Opportunities (Let’s Make Lots of Money)”, by Pet Shop Boys

This Week’s Theme: Azrael

Our featured character this week is one who made his debut thirty years ago-Azrael! What are some of the songs that you think the antihero and occasional Batman would like to listen to? Share your picks with us, below!

I’ll start things off:

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

18 Likes

what other 90s relic can I pair up with Azrael?

12 Likes

Two songs come to my mind.
First up, “Kings and Queens” by Aerosmith

Second, “Broadsword” by Jethro Tull

11 Likes

Even though he’s a creation of the nineties, I feel like this playlist is going to have a lot of metal on it. Azrael kind of looks like he belongs on a metal album cover, or on the side of a van fighting a dragon in space.

14 Likes

Did someone say “METAL”!!??!?!?!! :metal: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :metal:

“Deliver Us From Evil”, by Blind Guardian

“Soldier Of Heaven”, by Sabaton

And I can probably find a lot more, but will let others share first.

12 Likes
14 Likes

Greetings Mix Mob! :notes: :inkys_mixtape_mob2: :dancer:t2: Okay, so this is what came to mind

A Bullet for Django- Hollywood (FM) Orchestra

And then GL said metal :stuck_out_tongue: sooooo
this’n. :purple_heart: Have a great week, everybody!

Beg to Differ- Prong

And here’s this

16 Likes

I came here hoping “The Battle Hymn of the Republic” would fit, only to find it’s already there! I’m so proud of you guys.

In the meantime:

12 Likes

I do think there’s a real good chance that he’d just listen to the Battle Hymn of the Republic and Onward Christian Soldiers on repeat, honestly.

11 Likes

Actually, I could see him listening to nothing but Gregorian chants. Possible techno remix versions of them. :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes
11 Likes

I’m gonna go this route, sorry if I’m a bit off course.

10 Likes

No need to apologize! There’s no such thing as off course if you think songs fit. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face:I don’t know much about the character, I hope this song would be a good fit for him

10 Likes
10 Likes

Hank Williams fits well on just about every playlist! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Oh, are we talking JPV here, and not the alien guy that Elinore Stone found in Alaska? :wink:

I scrolled down expecting to see Slayer, and was not disappointed. :bowing_man: Thank you @raider_dave66 

I was about to post Phantom Limb’s Hank Williams cover, but @Reaganfan78 has it covered, so we’ll move on to the expected metal (and not so metal) tunes.

(FYI, there are two distinct metal bands named Azrael; a black metal band on Moribund, and an earlier thrash metal band from FL that never got signed. Really wanted to lead with the former’s Holiness Embodiment, because obvs, but can’t find it in a streamable format. Sadness is me.)

10 Likes

11 Likes

Azrael seems like a Nightwish guy to me.

11 Likes
9 Likes