:00_shazam: Milestone Generations | Friday, July 29th | 6 PM Pacific/9 PM Eastern :00_shazam:

Fun Fact: Method Man, the narrator, has a previous DC connection and from Batman Forever’s Music and Inspired By soundtrack:

1 Like

Static Shock?

When it was on Kids WB, I had no idea it was comic-based. I thought it was an original series.

It ultimately proved to be my first exposure to Milestone.

1 Like

Goodness, this static moment is getting me. It is why I think diversity in comics is so important. That validation. We all need it.

1 Like

Yeah, static shock. I wasn’t sure if it would be. I knew of it, but never got to watch it. My best friend loves it.

This moment makes me sad. I knew this had to be in it. Dwayne was so integral to both DC and Milestone that he couldn’t be.

1 Like

I still vividly remember when I heard about McDuffie’s passing. It was shortly before All-Star Superman’s Blu-ray and DVD release, and took the wind out of my sails for a bit (same for when Michael Turner passed).

1 Like

Dwayne was the first one that caused some sadness to me. I saw him as important to the comic world. The hardest for me has been George Perez, but I expected that. Dwayne’s death I did not.

1 Like

Have you read this:

It was a great tribute for McDuffie.

1 Like

I have not read it.

I love that they understand mentorship and giving back. Teaching the next generation. This documentary is so beautiful.

1 Like

Just for attendance points, I was in and out on tonght’s watchalong. Documentaries I find hard to have much to comment on, but I think Denys Cowan is a great oral historian

2 Likes

It really was. A great piece, and I hope many people (especially those who know nothing about Milestone) check it, and the comics, out.

slides over a big sack of Cool Points

Enjoy and thanks for attending. :+1:t2:

Thanks also to @CassTheStreet for stopping by. :superman_hv_4:

marks a special seat for @staticshocks

You were here in spirit, Hero of Dakota. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wanted to watch this because of my limited interaction with the company, so I am glad you put this together as it put it on my radar. Thank you for watching it with me and commenting along.

1 Like

You’re quite welcome, and thanks again for attending.

Whenever you get around to reading Milestone stuff, speak up and we can shoot the **** about it.

1 Like

I don’t think this comic was mentioned, but this seems like a prime example of the absolute furthest DC could go in the name of diversity for the 1970’s.

But the company was so editorially hamstrung at that time… every sentence ends in an exclamation point, etc… you could glance at almost any DC comic of the day and know you’d be insane to go digging for progressive messaging in there

1 Like

I don’t recall that one being mentioned, which is indeed odd. Maybe it was in a montage, at least?

:smile:

“Clark, I’m going to get a sandwich! Do you want anything?!”

“No Lois, I’m good!”

1 Like