:00_shazam: Milestone Generations | Friday, July 29th | 6 PM Pacific/9 PM Eastern :00_shazam:

Agreed. I don’t think its an overstatement to say (as I did in the OP) that Milestone is easily the most important comic imprint of the last 3 decades.

1 Like

I would most definitely agree with your statement. No other imprint is this culturally important and why I have been interested in it. Multiculurality is something I am very interested and invested in. I am glad they brought this imprint back

1 Like

The mention of Boomerang makes me want to see that movie, now.

1 Like

I don’t think I have ever seen it. :thinking: Then again I avoid Eddie Murphy at all costs.

1 Like

I’ve always been interested in Blood Syndicate, but hearing about it from those involved in the series just got it onto my DCUI pull list.

1 Like

You speaking about Hardware and then seeing it here is doing the same. I definitely need to read that title and others.

1 Like

Oh, so I have influence, eh?

Groovy. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yes, you have influence :rofl:

1 Like

Icon is the one that I have always thought was the one I should read. I love that they mentioned multiculturalism and LGBtIQ+. I would be interested in what titles that appears in since it sounds like it may have been within different titles.

1 Like

I highly doubt it, but you’re nice to say that. :fist_right:t2: :fist_left:t2:

The recollections/stories of people identifying with the characters are quite interesting. Its always fun (touching, in some cases) to see just how strongly people identify with their favorite comic heroes, especially those as revolutionary as Milestone’s.

1 Like

Okay, I have to at least say but you had the Black Enterprise guy in your team.

1 Like

“Editors that didn’t want to work with black people.”

:pensive:

Why?! Why are some people just so infuriatingly close-minded about other people?

1 Like

Comic stores not promoting or acknowledging Milestone get a big FAIL.

I mean, why not promote it? Its a cool brand full of really cool characters and they deserve every bit of promotion and acknowledgement as any other imprint and characters.

1 Like

In this community and with me, you DO have influence. I take your opinion and listen. I respect you alot, but don’t want to potentially uptick any anxiety.

I am loving that part of this. How much people love these characters and why. It is deep and so important. The reason people love their faves always is so beautiful to see to me.

1 Like

You’re good. No anxiety here. :raised_hands:t2:

…and thanks again. :wink:

Right? I found it to be quite touching.

1 Like

This was the 90s and unfortunately a different time, which I hate saying.

1 Like

I’ve always recognized and appreciated other cultures, so it boggles my mind how small-minded other people can be. Silly, silly.

On another note, I LOVE DC, but its sad how they butted heads with Milestone. Slowing down production? Tossing other flies into the ointment? Bad form, DC. Bad form.

1 Like

That is strange to me as Dwayne so closely has been related to DC. So to hear they got rid of him. Wow.

1 Like

IKR? Who thought getting rid of an immense talent like him was a good idea?

I’m glad that he and DC patched things up, because he went on to write some solid post-Milestone stuff.

1 Like

I was interested if this would be in this.

1 Like