Meta Madhouse – Wonder Woman's Warriors! Round of 2

We’re down to the final two potentials of Wonder Woman’s Warriors! This time, you will have all weekend long to cast your vote, debate your choice, and lament the fallen!

Find out by heading to the News page, or following the link below:
www.dcuniverse.com/…/ouse-wonder-womans-warriors

The final champion will be announced on Monday, and we will commence with the next round on Tuesday with Superman’s Aliens.

Is this how you saw it all go down? Let us know in the comments below!

3 Likes

I thought this was about who would win in a fight, not a popularity contest. No way Flash beats Highfather in a fight, despite all his speedster tricks.

2 Likes

I personally underestimated Crazy Janes popularity, but Flash was always going to be in the final bracket.

4 Likes

Ya, this is nothing more than a popularity contest amongst the CW fans. Shame…

4 Likes

In regards to Flash and Highfather. It all depends on which Flash power interpretation we are going with. If it is attosecond Flash or Flashtime-Flash… I’m sorry, no one is beating him. :smiley:

4 Likes

@coville attasecond or flashtime, in the realities of the DCU HF would have kicked Barry’s butt (and I say this as a massive flash fan for over 45 years.)

Barry’s code of ethics would stop him short anyway. Anybody familiar with Justice League: Gods & Monsters would get just a glimpse of how ruthless, cunning & brutal HF can be.

Since this is simply a popularity contest, hopefully Barry’s popularity will win out over CJ “flash in the pan” popularity.

2 Likes

I posted this in the round of 4 forum, but decided to post it here again since this is the latest.

I want Crazy Jane to win. I think that she is really powerful but it hard to judge because you don’t usually get to see her go against the big name heroes of DC. I think that a lot of people underestimate her because she is a character that has DID and think that she can’t control her powers because of her portrayal on the tv show. However, when you read Morrison’s it is very clear that Jane has control over her powers. She knows every personality and their strengths and weaknesses. The personalities communicate to each other. She can lend control to any personality when ever she wants. In a fight, her powers tend to work on instincts. The personality sees the situation and decides which one is best to handle it. Their main objective is to protect Kay’s body. Crazy Jane is also very unpredictable and will cause her opponent to adapt to her. Not to say that she is impossible to adapt to but 64 personalities can come in many combinations. That does not include how long that specific personalty is in control. It can be seconds or minutes. And while we don’t know the powers of all personalities, we do know that she has a pyrokinesis, claws, genius intellect, astral projection, teleportation, thermal blast, enhanced senses, sound manipulation, clairvoyance. If we use the personalities introduced in the show, we have slivertongue and Dr. Harrison. And speed is not the most powerful power in the dc universe. Ice has been shown to effect speedsters greatly. And while we never actually seen this personality come out, we do know that Jane has a alter named the Snow Queen which we can infer that she has ice powers. Jane deserves to be in the final bracket of this team and if I’m being honest, Flash should have lost to Highfather.

7 Likes

Maybe this is 90s era Wally. He can outrace death, he can outrace an instant teleportation from across the galaxy, he can use speed force energy to hold himself together and outrace a speed suit thing while he has two broken legs, he can run through things and make the explode…

I mean, yeah, I think Highfather generally would win, but he’s not the even fastest New God, let alone the fastest Flash. Depending on the type of fight, I don’t think Flash winning is inconceivable.

3 Likes

You all seem to forget that Crazy Jane has gone toe to toe with Superman back in the nineties! In the brackets she was in, hell yeah she was going to win. But up against Flash, no contest. I’m happy she made it this far. Highfather…it’s been said before in these strings…I’ve never once seen him in any capacity other than standing around all statuesque. In fact, he ain’t even smart! Thinking a trade off of sons would cause a peace treaty with Apokolips and New Genesis?? Get outta here!

3 Likes

@gabebernardes You need to read some New Gods, bud. Highfather is connected to the Source Wall, something so powerful Darkseid’s own father couldn’t break it.

5 Likes

People and even the writes forget that the flash (Wally or Barry it doesn’t matter) can run fast enough that everything and everyone seems to be stopped. So if the flash is running that fast there’s not even a fight.

2 Likes

@sethbobert.9657
But if you can distract/halt/slow him down before he gets to that point, you have a chance!

5 Likes

Darkseid agreed to the armistice BECAUSE he could not defeat HF and it would allow him to free up resources towards finding the anti-life equation. The only thing he thought might allow him to defeat HF.

We know there is a ‘verse where HF killed Darkseid. If you know of a ‘verse where the opposite is true, I’m all ears.

As for CJ, how stable is she? Push her mental buttons the right way and her control (which is for fascists) is melted. Unless you are implying CJ is a fascist, which I doubt. If this had been a 16 character melee, she might have a true advantage, but, tactics & strategy matter. Barry now has plenty of data on CJ. Not to mention has probably been able to find every piece of evidence and information on CJ. AND, I’m betting has picked up tactical strategy from Bruce, possibly even discussed a CJ strategy with Bruce. (Bats would be happier with his team going against Barry in the final four. Everybody knows Bats has multiple strategies for going after Barry. He doesn’t have to prep as much for Barry going into the final four.

2 Likes

@Dessad-acolyte In the comics, Jane is very stable. You don’t have to read much of Morrison’s run to see that. Sure she loses it at times but what superhero doesn’t. She is also the only alter that can control all of the personalities. If Jane’s personality dies in the underground, Kay’s whole body will die cause no one else can have such control. The fascist thing and hate for control is from the show.

2 Likes

I don’t think we should be saying it’s a popularity contest. I really think a lot of it was just a lack of knowledge on HF and understanding of his true power (myself included) I voted HF just based off of the comments and seeing how strong he is, I would encourage others to do the same before voting if you’re not entirely sure of someones powers and full capacity :smiley: I know with some of encyclopedia entries, it doesn’t have their powers listed but there’s always google as well lol.

shocked flash won tho. Congratz to CJ making it to the finals.

6 Likes

Honestly, Crazy Jane is a wild card. She is a strategic choice because even though she doesn’t have the mastery of all her abilities as Barry(or Wally); but the deal is with all the personalities and powers, the opponent would constantly have to be second guessing their way to find a weakness. Now if you have a great strategist as an opponent, then it might be a problem.
Not saying Wally(or Barry) would be a bad choice, but Crazy Jane just seems to be more of a choice for strategy; even if you use her as a bit of a distraction(which both members could fulfill exceptionally well).

4 Likes

I didn’t vote for Jane to make the final, myself, but there are totally legitimate reasons to think she could/should.

4 Likes

I’m very happy with the results so far. Either finalist would be a fun conclusion. I hope DC makes the head to head match-ups in this competition a one-off comic.

4 Likes

@flamebird23 Even in Morrison’s run, I’m not convinced there is strategic conscious control, more instinctual reaction, which is a form of control. However, I still think she could be undone by someone who can be seriously tactical.

This certainly brings up an item to be addressed if DCU does this again next year. Since there are different characters/characteristics within the canon, it might be useful for them to be more specific about which aspect of canon a character comes from. Barry is a classic example. Pre-crisis, pre-flashpoint, New 52. All different versions of Barry with different skill sets.

3 Likes

@zdworken smarrrt!! I second that idea.

1 Like