Meta Madhouse – Wonder Woman's Warriors! Round of 2

I didn’t want this to be a popularity contest, but since it is, I should have just voted 4 ManBat 2 piss everyone off.

2 Likes

@Dessad-acolyte I too agree that most of the time in Morrison’s run her personalities work on instinctual reaction. I even mention that in an earlier post on this forum. However, I still believe that Jane still has a type of control over them from the moments when she’s not fighting. Like when the team is fighting the decreater, she explains a plan to stop the decreater as Jane then states that she is giving control to specifically Lucy Fugue to complete the plan. That is a form of control. She even does something similar like this in Way’s run in Milk Wars. She chooses the Hangman’s Beautiful Daughter to make the JLA regain their memories and become comic book characters again. Like I stated in my earlier post, it is hard to judge Jane compared to the Flash. I believe that Jane is extremely powerful however, we may not ever get to see her at her full potential because, she’s not in every run of Doom Patrol, we don’t typical get to see her go against big names in DC since the DP comics are kept separate from them most of time, and she functions within a team. If Jane was given her own individual comic (not saying it should happen but if) we would be able to see her fleshed out like Superman, Batman, or Flash. DP has also never really had a solid run since Morrison and Pollack because it gets cancelled. What makes it worse is that we don’t even get to see her fight in Way’s run. But, even with all that said she still has displayed great power in the comics.

You’re also right that if DCU were to do this again, they should clarify some things. First, we need to know what version of the character we are dealing with. Like you said pre-crisis flash is different from new-52 flash. Right now people are using every power Flash has every had in his 80 years of existence. Which brings me to another thing, we know for a fact that there is only one Jane in the comic, but there are three main Flashes. The showdown doesn’t clarify which Flash is fighting. I know we can assume that its Barry based on the photo provided, but that’s just the photo on the encyclopedia page. The encyclopedia doesn’t have an individual page for Wally, Jay, and Barry. They collectively share a page and each are given a paragraph to describe their power.

2 Likes

@flamebird23 I do agree that Jane does have a substantial power set. I wouldn’t mind seeing a CJ miniseries that would delve into her psychology in a way that shows how she copes as a traumatized person with multiple personality disorder. Maybe a DC doco about the mental state of heroes from the psychological perspective. Kinda like “Necessary Evil” did with villainy. (If you haven’t seen it, see it. It’s awesome.) hopefully one day it will make it to DCU platform.

We’ve seen Bats, Supes, and even Diana dissected this way, but it would be great to see more characters done. Just in the GL Earth Corps, Hal, Guy, Kyle & John all have much different psychologies for being a “hero”, all are psychologically “flawed” in different ways, which in turn impacts how that approach and operate as GLs. The psychology of the superhero is interesting when you realize they are the antagonists in the story, not the protagonists. As Necessary Evil quite rightly makes the case for.

I’m curious as to the thought behind the choices we were given as well. I kinda wish characters of potentially limitless power weren’t an option. And for the argument of Highfather’s Source connection to win any battle he is up against. I also took in consideration general moral stance in my voting. I don’t see Highfather tapping into this energy to take out Flash. If that’s the case he could use this for all his past altercations.

@Dessad-acolyte I really like the idea of having DC talk about superheroes mental state from the psychological perspective and how they cope. To be honest, that’s kind of what I wish Heroes in Crisis would have been about. Rather then a murder mystery, have it be a look into how heroes found the strength to continue when they are at the a dark point in their lives. Each issue about a different hero. Preferably minor characters that would be considered B or C string because like you said A-string characters have already been shown.

@gabebernardes I’m curious too. If you think this is bad, wait til next week with Superman’s team. They have Doomsday in their bracket. No one have ever bet him except Superman, the Radiant, and Imperiex’s beams. They also have Parallax in their bracket.

1 Like

But u forget about Darkseid, he beats everyone¡

1 Like

@flamebird23 I don’t think we even need to be at a dark/low point. Certainly if doing it from a comic book standpoint that would provide more drama. I’m actually more interested in that non-low point. I think in just their normal flow is where we really get, arguably need, to see the psychological manifestations. I think it would be far more disturbing and/or enlightening to see their psych “abnormalities” in the light of everyday.

We got a glimmer of that in Flashpoint with Barry.

I’d like to go back to the silver age Flash origin, do Barry’s powers explicitly manifest themselves in the manner they do BECAUSE he had just been reading an old golden age flash comic? In the meta gene world of today, is a meta gene ability designed by the psychological make up of the meta gene holder? Sort of the inverse of Flash’s new rouges. Mick Rory’s power is defined & manifested by his undying love of the beauty of fire, rather than his physically burned outside exterior. The meta gene could still produce the outward physical characteristic, but its genesis comes from the psychological state, emotional desires, etc of the person when the meta gene kicks in. A “nurture” rather than “nature” view of the effect of the mete gene.

That would add to the dangers and meta programmable possibilities, certainly in how it impacts meta trafficking. Imagine a black market where meta powers could be weaponized to order or specification, by psychology programming the subject prior to meta gene activation. In meta activation it is the subjects own brain that rewrites the genome(s),

2 Likes

Please.

Can we not vote for WW, Supes, Bats, or Shazam? Because that will DEFINITELY effect my choice…

1 Like

People can only submit one vote each, right? This won’t be like Jason Todd’s death???

4 Likes

@MattMcNeilly: I hate to break it to you… but I think I accidentally voted twice. I forgot whether I did the first time, and saw the buttons still there when I went back to the page, and assumed I didn’t. I went there a third time, and the voting buttons were available again. I guess I should probably go vote for Crazy Jane to cancel out my extra Flash vote.

But basically what I’m saying is get your crowbars ready.

3 Likes

@BatJamags Haha I’m sure a couple extra votes won’t change the results. Im not worried about that. I’m just concerned that once we get to the finals of Meta Madness, that someone out there might submit 500 votes for their pick.

1 Like

I just can’t wait until we get to Raven and I can cite Teen Titans Go! as canon and make everybody mad.

Darkseid more often than not defeats himself, usually hoisted with his own petard. (And I hate admitting that cuz he is my all time fave DC character.

I think some folks are looking for a Darkseid vs Doomsday match, which isn’t even a match. It’s Darkseid all day. Doomsday yells so much that his mouth is open a lot. One omega beam through his upper palate and it’s lobotomy with a chainsaw time.

And YES, TTG should be part of canon. Although TTG Raven has a major Achilles heel. Manifest a brooding, emo, teen romance novel, male lead and she will be so mesmerized, she’s toast.

3 Likes

Now you’re speaking my language!

1 Like

lol @Dessad-acolyte !
So accurate.

2 Likes

@biff_pow and when you look at the Shazam bracket:
Trigon
Zatanna
John Constantine
Deadman
Madame Xanadu
Enchantress
Doctor Fate
The Spectre
Felix Faust

They all have the ability to attack TTG Raven’s weak spot. If any of them are reading this thread :joy: she could go out in any round, depending on how the bracket is laid out.

Careful what you wish for in placing items in the canon.

3 Likes

man I’m so eager to see the debates and back and forths with Shazam’s team since they’re such a powerhouse lol

At least we know who’s winnning this tho!!! #reppin

4 Likes

I’m looking forward to seeing Batman’s Vigilantes to throw down as they happen to have one of my favorite DC heroes.

2 Likes