Meta Madhouse Throwdown on Themyscira Discussion and Debates

faora beats blackfire- I want blackfire to win but Kryptonian wins
circe beats enchantress–this would be cool to see but I’m leaning to Circe
Maxima over Lashina- Maxima goes toe to toe with Kryptonians (and looses) Lashina needs for other people to fight one krytptonian
Rose–ok so in forever evil superwomen seemed to rely on manipulation to win(playing evil batman and superman off each other) rose can see the future and has had to deal with master manipulator deathstroke, rose is also more willing to do her own dirty work instead of using someone else
harley quinn-because she has insanely good plot armour and a more reasonable costume
banshee- i could see this going either way, but banshee is already dead not much poison can do to her and plants are susceptible to sound, I think
shiva- in a fist fight always assume shiva wins, it is lady shiva
killer frost-cold stops heat movement electricity? i don’t know Im not great at physics but I think I remember this

6 Likes

I agree with all of this EXCEPT for Lady Shiva and Talia al Ghul

4 Likes

dude shiva is one of if not the best fighters in DC talia is more of a tactician, so in an all out brawl shiva wins,

6 Likes

Knowing and stopping (or avoiding) are two different things.
Rose is out of here power and quickness league here.

5 Likes

True but if she knows, it’s easier to avoid! Plus, she was trained by Deathstroke, making her offense and defense impeccable!

3 Likes

While I’ll probably vote Shiva, this is a similar matchup to last year when we had Shiva vs Ras. Shiva is a better hand to hand combatant than either Talia or Ras. However, Ras and Talia have access to bio-toxins, which Shiva is susceptible to. That’s how Ras win last year. Is Talia willing to be that ruthless? Has Shiva learned to prepare for that eventuality? We will see.

4 Likes

Batwoman over LL is just absurd. I even paid out the physics that lightning is 5 times hotter than the surface of the sun and nobody had the ability to counter this point.

But, such is the way of MM. Just like life, it isn’t always fair or equitable or even makes any semblance of rational sense.

5 Likes

Results of Round 2, Heroines side of the bracket have been posted.
see 1st message here

4 Likes

My breakdown for the Villianness side of the bracket

I’m going with the upset here. Blackfire is able to control her starbbolts to red sun frequencies. That makes for one depowered kryptonian and Blackfire upsets Faora.

Circe over Enchantress. Circe’s magicc is just to strong and powerful, When you are used to going up against Olympians, you have some pretty hardcore magic up your sleeve.

Lashina over Maxima
Lashina is the leader of the Female Furies. She is more than capable of a one-on-one fight. She is the second best fighter on Apokolips. (Save for Darkseid, of course.) It’s a brutal match, but few charaacters in the DC universe can be a brutal as Lashina.

Superwoman over Rose Wilson
Superwoman is (from a power and combat standpoint) Earth-3’s version of Wonder Woman, only not nearly as compassionate. Rose may be able to anticipate her moves, but rose can’t stop them. The best thing Rose can do is try to avoid being in traction after the beatdoown she is going to get.

Star Sapphire over HQ
HQ has plot armor and brand name recognition for days, but Carol is still a ring bearer. HQ has no defense against energy weapons.

Ivy over Banshee
Can Ivy get a plant over Banshee’s mouth? Of course she can. That pretty much cancels Banshee’s power. Ivy doesn’t break a sweat in this matchup.

Lady Shiva over Talia
Shiva is one of the best hand to hand combatants in the entire DCU. Talia isn’t as resourceful as her dad. It’s a fun fight to watch for sure. But, Shiva wears Talia down. Talia makes a small error and Shiva takes her out.

Killer Frost over Livewire
Cold overpowers electricity and even when it doesn’t its converted to water, and that is bad for Livewire. This matchup has KF double teaming her powers over Livewire.

6 Likes

I DIDN’T EVEN THINK OF THIS!

5 Likes

I think when looking at an upset, ya gotta think of what is the opponent weakness and can the underdog exploit that.

Faora vs Blackfire is a key matchup. If Faora wins, magic kicks the snot out of Kryptonians. If Blackfire wins…magic doesn’t have nearly the same effect on Tamarains.

4 Likes

Is there lore to support this? I know Kryptonians are susceptible to magic, but I’ve never heard that they are more vulnerable than any other species. Nor have I heard that Tamaranians are resistant to magic. I’m not saying that it isn’t the case as I haven’t read all comics by any stretch of the imagination but where is it from?

4 Likes

I think too often the Kryptonian vs magic argument in these matchups are missing a big point. Yes, Magic can defeat Kryptonians for sure, but people then often forget that Kryptonians have an endless supply of ways to kill most magicians as well. It then comes down to speed. Mr Mxy pretty much wills his magic into existence so there is a strong argument for a Kryptonian beater, but many like Zatanna relies on formulas, rituals, deception and potions. Unless you rig the battlefield to hide the spellcaster in a bunker on the other side of the planet when it starts most casters won’t open their mouths before its over. Kryptonians reacts in bullet time. Their speed allows them to do interstellar travel. The measure of pre-tweeks you have to do to setup the battlefield for them to not be putty within a millisecond of the start of the fight is off the charts. Magic can beat Kryptonians, but who is fast enough to do it, or strong enough to survive the first second.

5 Likes

It is lore that magic is one thing that Kryptonians fear.

Starfire can give Raven a match. Raven is probably going to win, but if you recall back to Teen Titans cartoon, Starfire is able to get some control when they are body swapped. Tamarians are powered by emotion while most magic users have got to keep their chill to keep their powers.

Magic users can start a match with a protection spell, that already gives them an advantage. So most of the super speed type arguments fall down.

That’s really an important difference. Kryptonians usually rely on force and muscle. If one thinks of magic as energy, brute force isn’t particularly effective on energy. Daxamites would be in the same boat. Blackfire controls energy, so she operates in ways similar to magic. So magic is less of a threat.

That my $0.03.

5 Likes

A freebie protection spell strong enough to withstand punches that makes a hole through war world? This is the sort of pre-tweeks I mean people have to assume.

5 Likes

Under those circumstances nothing can beat a magic user really. They’d just start every fight with whatever makes them immune to whoever they are fighting.

5 Likes

I disagree. Energy manipulators can battle on roughly the same physics plane. Throw enough bat-tech at the problem at the same time is a split in focus for the magic user, and splitting focus is a weak spot for them. Also, let us not forget that magic users often fall victim to their own hubris. Which seems kinda fitting that they are just as guilty as their Hellenistic Olympians.

4 Likes

I think I’m in agreement with @DeSade-acolyte on most of the matchups this time… but not all;

• I’m keeping Faora over Blackfire - yellow sun radiation is stored up in a Kryptonian and a red sun doesn’t depower her immediately - her strength fades over time. (Admittedly variably per story needs.) Komand’r would need to maintain consistent starbolts and block the yellow sunlight long enough for the effect to give her an edge. Allowing her a mechanism to accomplish the latter, the former would weaken her as well, leaving two depowered powerhouses to slug it out, Ms Hu-Ul having the proven experience of strength and skill without her powers.
  • Circe over Enchantress. Yes, even without Hecate’s powers, Circe is the superior sorceress here.
  • Maxima over Lashina - I clearly assumed the wrong Maxima in round one here. If Maxima bested Ursa in solo battle, then this has to be the elder Maxima, and even the second greatest fighter on Apokolips will not be able to take her down solo.
  • Superwoman over Ravager. Easily. All precognition is going to get Rose is a chance to brace herself for what’s coming. Nothing she can do will hurt Lois in return, and Lois will eventually corner her where she can no longer avoid the loss.
  • Star Sapphire beats Harley. Still not buying Carol’s win over Jinx, but I’ll suck it up. Now that she’s up against someone with powers, Harley’s out of ramp. Maybe she’ll get a quip or two in, but that’s it.
  • Poison Ivy beats Banshee. Ivy doesn’t need to be in earshot to restrain, mute, and bind Banshee. She doesn’t need physical prowess to win this fight.
  • Lady Shiva beats Talia. As per my round one argument, Talia’s superior strength is in command, not combat. She’s no slouch at the latter, but she’s no elite assassin either.
  • Killer Frost beats Livewire. As others have said, ice insulates. In my headfight, Livewire gets stuck in a power station after trying to be sneaky, but KF has unleashed an ice storm on all the Inverters and Transformers.
4 Likes

@Pow-Pow That’s part of the beauty and the tragedy :sweat_smile: of Madhouse tho (and sports in general): Between voters, debates, overrides/Lazarus pits, and ties— anything can happen! :eyes: Batgirl beat Hawkgirl, Barda needed a save against Canary… don’t see why Batwoman can’t beat Lightning Lass :woman_shrugging:t2: or Vixen These decision def arent easy either.

4 Likes

Factual fact!! :point_up_2: :0_poison_ivy_tas::green_heart:#TeamGreen

4 Likes