Meta Madhouse Throwdown on Themyscira Discussion and Debates

Ooh :eyes:

5 Likes

IMHO, unless you keep the heavy hitter mages out of the tournament, that’s almost always inevitable. We’d need a matchup specifically designed to undermine one of them. (Without story plot, of course.)

5 Likes

This is accurate.

Omg :joy: What is this from @Pow-Pow? Like, whyyy in the world does it exist?? Thank you for sharing it. :purple_heart:

6 Likes

The internetz. It’s a crazy place. :grin:

6 Likes

Zatanna beats supergirl-cause kryptonian weak to magic
Circe beats shiva- if she can keep shiva from arms distance she wins

5 Likes

I’ve said it all tournament long, magic wins every-time. It’ll be cool to see Zatanna and Circe go head to head.

6 Likes

how powerful are magicians against people who can move faster than their synapses can fire? Supergirl could shove a sandwich in Zatanna’s mouth before Zatanna even knew she was in a fight.

5 Likes

Zatanna can start with a protection spell. No different than Batgirl starting with a batarang in her hand or Shiva with her blade drawn.

So the super speed argument falls flat, IMO.

6 Likes

Kara’s fast, but not speed force fast. I think Zatanna would have some kind of protection prepped, like @DeSade-acolyte said.

5 Likes

Sg v Z: Z
Magic can hurt kryptonians and SG has stopped magic before but I don’t think magic as strong as Z.

C v LS: C
Shiva is a masterful martial artist but you can’t martial art your way through magic like Circe’s.

5 Likes

I don’t even know if she’s stopped magic per se. Kara has persisted despite magic, but that’s against illusions, persuasion, and other such “mischief” magic, or even just taking a blast of nondescript “magic energy” and getting back up. As you said, it’s the power level of ZZ’s magic that is at play here. She’s Homomagi, not a human with a few tricks up her sleeve. Just because backwards speech is her gimmick doesn’t mean it’s the only way she can harness her powers. Even with a sandwich shoved in her face (which is a magnificent mental image I need someone to bring to page for me), she can still cast Kara to another dimension.

5 Likes

Are Amazonian weapons magic? I always forget…

4 Likes

Sometimes… :world_of_wonder: :woman_shrugging: :world_of_wonder:

4 Likes

Some are made or “blessed” by the gods on Olympus. I don’t know if that qualifies them as “magic”. Although, WW’s lasso was known as the magic lasso for several decades.

4 Likes

were assuming this is kryptonian supergirl right not shapeshifter who became an angel then a demon supergirl, right

5 Likes

I think if they’re god-touched they’re extra lucky or something like that?
Like an extra 2D8 to every attack roll.

6 Likes

Final Four Voting complete.
Who made the championship match?
Find out here: MM: ToT Results

3 Likes

We have our final. Zee vs Circe.
Get your popcorn :popcorn: ready.

Circe beats Zatanna.

Zee is one of the most powerful mages in DC, but she is going up against a literal goddess of magic, with 3000+ years of experience. Circe could easily turn Zee into a pig, aka what she did to WW in JLU “This Little Piggy”. A spell Zee, try as she might, couldn’t even reverse. That’s how much more powerful Circe is compared to Zee. I personally rank Zee top of the class when it comes to human mages (she is homomagi after all)

In the DC Universe, magic-wise it goes:
1: Dr Fate (Nabu is a lord of order)
2: Circe (She’s Olympian goddess level mage.)
3: Zee in her most powerful incarnation.
3A: Mordu. It takes the entire LOSH to take him down, and that’s on a good day for the Legion.

Circe has got 3000 more years of experience under her belt. She ruthless and crafty. I wonder if Circe’s vast knowledge in poisons (a very physical thing) ultimately takes Zee out. I don’t think it’s an attack Zee would be expecting. End of the day, Circe just bests Zee in every aspect of magic.

It’s a bit bittersweet, cuz I adore Zee. However, Circe is just to powerful and far to ruthless. Circe for the win!!

And, to be honest, she is also the MM:ToT character that can go toe to toe and beat whomever Dynamic Duos champions are in the Mega Madhouse. Two on one going up against Circe. Those are unfair and disadvantageous odds…for the duo.

4 Likes

Z v Circe: Circe
Both skilled in magic but the only time I’ve seen Z beat Circe but she normally has a team with her. No team here so thus will be an epic fight but Circe comes out on top.

3 Likes

circe wins in a fight

5 Likes