META MADHOUSE 2021šŸ’„Throwdown on ThemyscirašŸ’„

OK, so first of all, Iā€™m loving this^^^ :rofl: :+1: :purple_heart:

Agreed. Very defensible points both here.

Respect to you on your position, which of course Iā€™ve fully got your back on :busts_in_silhouette: :fist: :+1:. For me when it comes to this kindaā€™ stuff, I just throw myself into it, do the best I can, and hope for the outcome that Iā€™m shooting for. Just like my gurrrl does :0_batgirl:. Sometimes Iā€™m just the straight-up heart on my sleeve seat of my pants kindaā€™ girl. Thatā€™s how I skated and thatā€™s how I do in these bracket thingies (people were just scratching their heads when I upped my March Madness bracket two years ago- I was right on a lot of my pix tho :grin:). Mm hmm. :smiley:

8 Likes

It sucks they arenā€™t in different bracketsā€¦

7 Likes

LOL! :laughing::purple_heart:

Oh, definitely! I agree. :blush: Though, sometimes (even with some of my choices) I fully know that my choices with this sort of thing might not turn out the way I hope, but Iā€™m still willing to lock in my choices based on my loyalty for that character (which is partly what Iā€™m doing when choosing Harley :heart:). Though, thereā€™s still some level of critical thinking based on the likely outcome. :nerd_face:

Saaame! :sweat_smile:

Oh, yes, I knew that. :grin: My response was mostly directed at @DC89 because she mentioned that I would probably choose Harley as the champion (which is correct). Howeverā€¦ my choice is slightly biased because Iā€™m a big Harley fan (if that hasnā€™t already been made obvious :laughing:). And while I agree that Harleyā€™s agility is one of her strongholds (along with her cleverness and ability to psychoanalyze), Harley still leads with emotion much more than Ivy does. While I believe that Ivy also leads with emotion in many circumstances, she still excels in logic compared to Harley. Ivy is also clever and able to think ahead (as is Harley). However, Ivy is also structured, which is beneficial for planning and maintaining productivity. While being overly-structured often causes narrow-mindedness, Ivy seems to balance structure with some level of open-mindedness (depending on the situation).

I wanted to further explain my reasoning, but I need to step away for a bit. I will be back to continue my explanation, though (maybe tonight or tomorrow).

Oh! Well, regardless, I think they would still have to face off in the end? :thinking: But yeah, I was mostly explaining why I think Ivy is more likely to excel in the end vs. Harley (overall, and depending on the circumstances) even though Iā€™m still choosing Harley in one of my brackets and as my main choice. :diamonds: Iā€™m actually not sure if we should consider emotional hang-ups in this or notā€¦ :face_with_monocle:

8 Likes

I think Harley could go out in the 2nd round. Star Sapphire is a tough opponent for Harley because SS can use flight and distance to her tremendous advantage. These are both advantages that can also work Star Sapphireā€™s favor against Ivy in the third round.

Ivy has an easier path and could make it to the bracket final, but both Talia and Lady Shiva are just to lethal and prepared for Pam. I donā€™t think Ivy makes it to the final four.

Star Sapphire can play defense and wait for an opening. Shiva and Talia are just to totally and utterly ruthless. They are both willing to kill without a moments hesitation. And both Ivy and Harley are frankly, just a bit to nice.

Huntress and Livewire are the two real spoilers in this bracket. Either make it out of their first round matches. They could bust that bracket big time. Livewire has gone seriously deep against Kryptonians and Huntress is a not nearly as nice version of Batman with a freaking crossbow and has stepped over the no kill line more than a couple of times. They each have the potential to throw that bracket into chaos.

7 Likes

:joy::rofl: this dogs face! (I feel this) All reasons why we :purple_heart: you, @Hiraeth. There will be threads for voting/debating/explaining so youā€™ll be among friends!! :dancer:t2: Never fear!

8 Likes

@TheRealDetectiveShoe Go w/ Circe :+1:

8 Likes

I gotta concur with @Razzzcat , Circe is probably the more likely. But EEā€™s Emerald Eye of Ekron has hardcore mystical powers itself, and defeated Superboy on multiple occasions. Also, itā€™s a mental symbiotic link between the Eye and EE so it operates at the speed of thought.

Circe still probably has the power advantage, but she better be quick about getting her magic out. No long incantations or Circe is gonna be toast.

6 Likes

Oh gosh :pleading_face: I :purple_heart: you all too! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Is that so? :thinking: Then Iā€™ll just save what Iā€™ve typed up (so far) in my notes and save it for later. :nerd_face:

6 Likes

Why no Fury? Grrrrrr

6 Likes

Hey @wretchrobinson.49685!:wave: Welcome to the community!

Ooh, :eyes: which one? Sandman? Weā€™ve got Donna? Unfortunately, there are TONS of DC characters and only 64 seats on the Invisible Jet! lol :smile: As you can imagine, it was a difficult process. Donā€™t let that stop you, thoā€”plenty of worthy contestants!

6 Likes

Phew, looks like I still have some time to fill out my bracket(s) this weekend and upload them. :superman_hv_4:

7 Likes

Ooo so many great choices!
youneedme Lashina_SBA_01 Knockout

7 Likes

Looking at what I have to put in the submission thread Iā€™m going to stop while Iā€™m ahead as I think I could keep going and still get a different resultā€¦ :sweat_smile:

Althoughā€¦ There is the secret optionā€¦ :eyes: :superman_hv_4:

The Secret Option

Screenshot (1247)

Seems to have a note attached from the champions with this result.

For MIB

@Applejack @Pretty.Poison.Bombshell @Barrys.Better.Half @MissInkBlot

9 Likes

Just a few short hours to submit your brackets! :arrow_right: Bracket Submission Here

5 Likes

Iā€™ve never done this before. What is the voting for? Iā€™m a bit confused sorry.

6 Likes

Hey @CozmicCam! Welcome! :grinning: The sheet is for you to make predictions, so grab that and fill it out. After THAT (on March 9th) polls will open (schedule is above) and everyone will vote/debate on each match up, which will determine the ultimate champion as the tournament goes. Then we all check and see how we did when the dust settles and claim our bragging rights!! Like March Madness :basketball: only w/ comic characters. Let us know if you have any more Qs. :purple_heart:

7 Likes

but then whatā€™s the point of the sheet?

6 Likes

@CozmicCam To see if your predictions were right. :face_with_monocle: You submit them in advance. Itā€™s just for fun, but if your character WINS. You get to :partying_face: do this:

totally used a Shaq gif on purpose

8 Likes

Iā€™m rather partial to the secret option. Personally, I think that could be a reality although Iā€™m not sure how it would be for me to go up against Ivy in a head-to-head. Kinda like fighting myself. :wink: :green_heart: :green_heart:

8 Likes

Iā€™ve never seen an adaptable pdf before- I feel like I shouldnā€™t be as amazed as I am-

6 Likes