MEGA MADHOUSE šŸ’„ Tournament of Champions šŸ’„

Yes!

5 Likes

Also, Love the reference to the good ol ā€œ80ā€™s Nightsā€ of my early 20ā€™s club days!

5 Likes

I had that thought too. :sweat_smile:

Glad the community enjoyed it. And I definitely know why they need 5 (I think it was 5 if I remember right) months to prep. Because doing it in about 2-3 was something :sweat_smile:

But definitely worth it. So much fun to do.

5 Likes

This is for everyone - One last round! :raised_hands:

4 Likes

As I seem to recall, I think when they did 2020, the first planning mtg was early June 2019.

I think the lesson I learned is on of timing. Doing the initial round of 64 matches would probably be better served by doing 16 matches, left side of the bracket Then the 16 on the right side of the bracket. Then a two rounds voting, left and right of the bracket for round of 32. Than sweet 16 & Elite 8 the next week and final four & championship the week after.

Trying to keep momentum for 5 full weeks is tough.

The long voting hours (68 hours per round) seemed to fit well.

3 Likes

I have to admit, it was only as new match ups kept coming, that I realized this was an extended event. I thought it had ended sooner in previous years. But, since we kept having compelling match ups, And saves, conversations, I didnā€™t think much of itā€¦

I wanted to ask about the duration of the contest earlier, but didnā€™t want to spoil the fun, thatā€™s why I waited until the end. Iā€™m glad to see, that I wasnā€™t crazy. This year was more involved, a true MAD House. :laughing:

Had I been asked, I would have said, there are a lot of people who will love this, just wait. :wink:

As youā€™ve said:

5 Likes

Iā€™ve seen this is definitely true. My short 24hr polls definitely got a lot less people. But hey more lessons learned :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I know Iā€™ll be voting in less than 5 hours

5 Likes

giphy
Sorry, I couldnā€™t help myself. :rofl:

5 Likes

Ps: I post this Meme, knowing that Zatanna should win, since:
#Magic Wins Every Time. My Mantra this year.

However, based on previous disappointments, mark my words, Harley & Ivy will win.
Because, most people vote their favorites and not, as Spock would insist, for whatā€™s logical. Creating, Chuck Hestonā€™s, ā€œMAD House!ā€

Of course, Iā€™ll see yaā€™ll around the service, and in our clubs, canā€™t wait to debate you next year, in the next ā€œMega MadHouse Tournament.ā€ :crossed_fingers:

:v: out Folks. Thanks For the Fun!
:hugs: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

7 Likes

Poison Ivy literally just needs to get a vine to cover Zatannaā€™s mouth lol

5 Likes

I love all three of our champions! But, of course, sorry Zee, it is Harlivy for the win!

7 Likes

I think this would be more fair if it was Harley vs Ivy vs Zatanna instead of 2v1

5 Likes

My breakdown: Zatanna wins.

The the first words out of Zeeā€™s mouth are ā€œ Tlas eht muidats htraeā€. This effectively negates PI and her plant shenanigans. Iā€™m quite sure Circe brought her up to speed on the second Punic war and what Rome did to Carthage. If you salt the earth, nothing will grow.

Immediately after that Zee breaks out ā€œDnib meht rehtegot ecaf to acaf.ā€ At which point they are bound together with carbon fiber rope, face to face. Harley calls out to Zee, ā€œOooh!!! Kinky!!!ā€ Harley and Ivyā€™s shipping reflexes are to strong, and they spend much more time than the 10 plus seconds kissing each other passionately. This applies as a TKO. The announcement of Zatannaā€™s victory comes over the stadiums speaker system. Immediately after, Harley calls out to Zee, ā€œDonā€™t you dare undo this spell!!ā€

Zee wins, but Harley and Ivy get their own ā€œwinā€, so everybodyā€™s happy with the result.

After the match, Harley goes to Zee and says, ā€œWould you mind teaching me that spell?ā€ Zee smiles and replies ā€œOf course.ā€

Now there a couple dozen other ways Zatanna could pull of this win. But the above requires the least amount of violence, and Iā€™m fairly convinced that none of them really wants to inflict violence on the others.

7 Likes

I agree with this, but I still think Harley and Ivy have just as much a chance of winning as Zatanna

4 Likes

Pam & Harley better hope Zee didnā€™t bring this with her

https://www.wattpad.com/amp/669530918

3 Likes

OK, but Ivy can speak to ALL plants, she can command mold growing in cracks to grow and expand, at least covering Zeeā€™s mouth in time to render her helpless enough for Harley to jump in and bonk her on the head with a mallet.

6 Likes

I will say with Harleyā€™s mouth I donā€™t think sheā€™ll let Z get a word in edgewise. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Ho, siht si drah kicp! Mā€™I annog evah ot kcip annataZ! Epoh ehs niw!:grinning:

8 Likes

:joy: :rofl: Excellent point!! :harley_hv_2:

YAAAS! :green_heart: #TeamGreen lvy could end this in the blink of an eye. :00_harlivy: And Harleyā€™sā€¦Harley!

Zeeā€™s no slouch tho! Ooh, this is a good match up!!

8 Likes