Mattel DC Multiverse Killer Croc Wave is Out

A conversation overheard in most Walmart toy aisles lately:

“Well, Timmy they don’t have that Batman Missions figure you want but they do have a Batman pop-up tent.”

“Why did they stock that in the toy aisle Dad?”

“Good question kiddo, good question. I mean, it just bumps into other merch too. The spacing of the pegs needs to be fixed.”

2 Likes

Went by 7 Walmarts today (Tuesday).

Found DG Bats, Katana and KGBeast at one, empty pegs at the others. This was in Phoenix, AZ.

1 Like

@vroom found some this morning! I got Kg beast, red hood, katana and DG bats. I went to three walmarts and none had alfred or robin.

1 Like

@LEXC0RP Congrats!

What do you think of KGBeast? I think he’s a winner and then some. He’s a fantastic figure.

1 Like

Question for you Multiverse hunters. Curious why you chase 'em down in Walmarts & Targets, when they’re readily available online from the usual suspects. Is it pricing, or just the thrill of seeking these out in person? Oh and congrats on the acquisitions :slight_smile:

1 Like

@vroom i love KGB, he’s very detailed and bulky, but i cant lie katana is amazing! Her figure and painting are on point! @moro i like to see them in person before purchasing them, and also the thrill gets me excited haha. And honestly grayson is decent, not that impressed. Red hood is very detailed as well.

1 Like

@Lexcorp, I see. Have you ever hunted one down, only to not like it and decide not to buy it? Sorry if I’m veering off the original topic :joy:

1 Like

@moro oh yea all the time. So many multiverse figures i turned down because of the quality or even just the condition of the box could throw me off lol im picky.

1 Like

I’m very happy to say that after a Target run and 3 Walmart runs, I am now the proud owner of the set! I, honestly, wasn’t going to buy all of them, but the oldest seedling LOVES Killer Croc, so what’s a Green goddess Mama supposed to do? :wink:

4 Likes

@Pretty.Poison.Bombshell a good mama provides :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I just found red robin this morning, only missing alfred. Is target carrying them as well? I thought they only had the classic wave.

1 Like

high fives PPB Congrats!

@moro Last I looked, the two most recent waves of Multiverse (Tribute/Originals and Killer Croc) were not in-stock at Amazon, BBTS, Entertainment Earth, Megalopolis Toys, target.com or walmart.com.

With that in mind, and knowing that Target readily had the previous wave and Walmart the KK wave as part of their recent toy section resets, when it will likely be weeks or months before e-tailers receive them, makes (for me at least) the hunt to physical stores the more logical way of getting these recent series instead of sitting on my hands waiting for e-tail’s shipments to arrive at a later point.

Plus, productive toy runs are always a hoot =)

I did buy the Ninja Batman wave of Multiverse online however, as I’m in serious doubt to it showing up at physical retail.

2 Likes

@PPB I glossed over your mention of Target in my initial read of your post.

As @LEXC0RP inquired, did you find the Killer Croc wave there too, or was Target just part of your overall hunt and you found them all at Walmart?

@LEXC0RP I love Katana too, she’s a beaut. The only thing I don’t like about her is her left hand.

We get two right hands with her, but only a closed left one? I’d rather they ditch the closed right hand in favor of an open left so the Soultaker can be held in either one.

That aside, Katana’s great. Nice to finally have a 6" scale comic-based version of her from Mattel.

1 Like

@Vroom, didn’t even notice that the Killer Croc wave is pre-order only on BBTS and that Tribute wave isn’t even offered there yet. I just saw a lot of “Multiverse” offerings and made an inaccurate assumption. Sorry…

1 Like

@moro S’all good buddy =)

1 Like

@vroom yea true, wish she had two open hands. And i love all the knives kg beast has.

1 Like

@LEXC0RP Right? The Beast is a beast when it comes to accessories.

I’ve seen in video reviews that Red Hood’s guns are sculpted into his holsters, which is disappointing. They’re his signature weapons, they should be seperate from the holsters.

Ah well. I’m just happy we’ve finally got a new 6" Red Hood. Just need to find him now.

1 Like

Yes jason guns are stuck in his holster but he looks great. And red Robin is very chesty lol his upper body is huge, he looks very bulky.

1 Like

@LEXC0RP While I’m very happy with what I’ve seen of the Rebirth Red Robin, it’s too bad we never got an updated 6" classic Tim Drake Robin. That was always a Wish List figure for me.

Maybe McFarlane will crank one out.

3 Likes

I want 3 of them Pennyworths

2 Likes