Matt Reeves shows first look at The Batmobile!

Wow, very interesting. I’m not sure how to feel about it yet but I’m intrigued. Thank you for sharing these first pics with the Community @TheDarkKnieves!

4 Likes

No problem!

3 Likes

That’s what I was thinking of! Sorry to say I like this way better then the tumbler and the Batmobile in Batman v Superman.:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I get a '68 Camaro mixed with a 70’s De Tomaso Pantera vibe, I really dig it. Brings a more “Muscle Car” than Fighter Jet feel.

5 Likes

10 Likes

:unamused:

4 Likes

I think the new ride looks pretty sweet! I’m excited for the new movie :sunglasses:

6 Likes

I can’t wait to someone trick out their own muscle car to look like this. Imagine seeing that riding down the street?

10 Likes

It looks like an actual car and is all black. I am satisfied.

5 Likes

It definitely looks like an early ‘70’s dodge or Plymouth front bumper. The back has the frenched in original GTO with the stacked rear tail lights. Obviously been tubed to accept wider and taller rear wheel. Which raises the rear wheel wells and gives it a bit of a finned look, especially with the way they’ve frenched in the tail lights. The third brake light is kinda cute. Not really sure I’m digging a Batmobile that meets DOT regulations but I can see the rationale especially with an entire generation+ If people who have only ever seen cars with a 3rd brake light. So it could be set in the 90’s. 3rd tail lights were at mandatory in 86 for cars and 94 for truck.

My best guess it that it seems based on a 5th or 6th gen Camaro chassis/base body. (Taking that guess based on the rear side window/door jam/B&C pillars, and the flattened portion of the Wheel wells.)

6 Likes

Looks like a 1970 Challenger in the front and a Ford GT40 in the rear

6 Likes

Guys, I would like to purchase an old muscle car now but I do not know how to drive manual :expressionless:

The 1970 Challenger and 68 Camaro have been on my radar for a while lol

7 Likes

Sad we have to go back 50 years to get a cool and stylish underpinning to build out a Batmobile. Today’s cars are too boring. :cry:

10 Likes

You may be interested in this video
How cars went from boxy to curvy

5 Likes

Anyone else think this Batman suit looks better with the cape. That picture also shows him with the cape.

7 Likes

@Bukdiah I lived through that era. :grinning: MyMom had a 1987 Beretta which was GM’s answer to the Ford Taurus.

When think retro-future styling I think of the 1966-67 Oldsmobile Tornado. The first American front wheel drive production car. So Cool! And Curvy!

8 Likes

well, it looks practical, in a lot of senses . I do see how they are taking from the early days of Batman supposedly this is to be Batmans second year in. I am wondering if the car for this story is bullet proof or has any special electronic tech on the inside, or is it just this bare bones fast car with a big engine. If it is a bare bones car for speed only, then i dunno, I hope it isn’t , but if it is, it will make me wonder why they just didn’t go with a black mustang or camero or something else.

Either way I am not bent out of shape, Batman has to have more than one motorcycle/batmobile. they eventually get wrecked. maybe not for the movie but in general. I am just so so so happy it isn’t Ben Affleck. I was at first throwing vampire boy out the door, but the photos so far are looking pretty good that i might actually convince myself to see the movie at some point in theaters.

7 Likes

Yup gotta have the cape, i imagine the cape gets tucked away some where for when riding on the motorcycle, can’t really have batmans cape getting tangled up or torn to shreds on the back wheel.

5 Likes

Agreed. Looks better with the cape.

8 Likes

I don’t think that would be the best car to learn on… lol

4 Likes