Matt Reeves shows first look at The Batmobile!

I think its looks great! Homemade and gritty, yet sleek.

48 Likes

@biff_pow!!!

8 Likes

Thank you @Thebatman.7002! Sorry I implied you look like a hamster butt

I haven’t even had a chance to look at it, i just ran straight here to be with my batmobuddies!

15 Likes

I can’t wait for some better lighting, but I like what I’m seeing. It also kind of just looks a regular car. I really dig the fins!
It reminds me of the Batmobile concept from the never-filmed Darren Aronofsky Batman. It was just a slightly modified Cadillac. Obviously this isnt a caddy, but still.
@biff_pow No notification from the Batmobuddies on my end

8 Likes

Hmm, thanks.

And yeah, that was my first thought, too, the Aronofsky plan!

5 Likes

I love it! Reminds me of the Batmobile from Batman #408, only with wheels, as Jason Todd stole his in this image.

23 Likes

That’s awesome as heck!

4 Likes

!!! IT LOOKS … plain.

It’s cool but I’ve honestly seen better at car shows.

10 Likes

Yeah everything about the new batman reminds me of year 0/1
Plain and new.

12 Likes

The more I see of this new Batman movie, the more I feel like it’s pulling from unconventional sources. This Batmobile is an obvious step back from what has so far been an evolution of Bat-tanks on the big screen. That said, I’m super excited and I can’t wait to see it kick @$$ in theaters :batman_hv_3:

8 Likes

That thing looks so cool!! I hope we get to see him building it in the movie, maybe a montage?

7 Likes

I like it. Very cool! Kinda disappointed it’s not a BEV, but you can’t have everything. :grinning:

3 Likes

The more we see of this film the more I convinced I am that they are drawing from zero year (one of my fav story arcs!!)

6 Likes

It’s a sick looking ride. Looks like it might be a tight fit in full armor and cowl :joy:

5 Likes

Like some others have already said, this is an early career Batman by the looks of what’s been shown. It’ll be interesting to see this play out. Even Batman Begins was somewhat of a more advanced Batman, so to speak.

6 Likes

Love it! I like that the vehicles we’ve seen so far feel pretty grounded in reality. This and the BatBike just feel like a suped-up version of a muscle car or a sports bike. I’m really excited for this different style of Batman that we haven’t seen in live action yet. Honestly gives me Batman: TAS vibes. Great cast, great director, and a lot of style!

4 Likes

Very awesome
Can’t wait to see the movie

4 Likes

very cool !

4 Likes

Any car enthusiasts around that can pinpoint the vehicle it draws the most inspiration from? Just wondering if it looks post-90s to anyone else. It also looks like a 70s muscle car. Wondering if we can put the 90s rumor to rest

6 Likes

I don’t love or hate it… yet. All depends on how it’s used in the movie.

6 Likes