MASTER TOPIC: What's NOT on DC Video You'd Like To See? šŸæ Pt II

Iā€™ll answer the question in the title first: for the last year or so, the policy has been that animated movies hit DCU 90 days after their debut.

To answer ā€œwhat am I paying forā€: the already extant archive of comics and videos.

4 Likes

Waitā€¦? Man of Tomorrow is out???

On Digital. It hits blu-ray and DVD Sept 8th.

2 Likes

Bet. Iā€™ll be watching it either tonight or tomorrow.

1 Like

How about the filmation Shazam animated series? Itā€™s really hard to find. Iā€™ve managed to get a few vhs copies of some of the episodes.

Using the free trial and I was really surprised that there are only 24 movies available (at least from the ā€œsee moreā€ link on main page). Really was hoping for the older stuff like Christopher Reeve Superman 1-4 and Michael Keaton Batman as well as the newer content Wonder Woman, Justice Leagueā€¦ Not into the series as much.

Sharing the latest list of requests with the team - thank you for those, as well as the feedback on the titles presently available! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This movie will not coming to DC Universe until 90 days after BD/DVD releases are up.

1 Like

Is there a recording of the musical ā€œItā€™s a Birdā€¦ Itā€™s a Planeā€¦ Itā€™s Supermanā€

It could be seen as ā€œHamiltonā€ for DC Universe

2 Likes

A modified/chopped down version aired on ABC, way back when, with Leslie Ann Warren as Lois Lane. Somewhere, I have what I assume was a well-edited bootleg (in case anybody at DC Universe wants to buy a VCR and digitize itā€¦) and it was decent. There was also a Broadway cast CD thatā€™s better.

I keep hoping that someone at DC Universe (once AT&T realizes that acting desperate isnā€™t helping HBO Maxā€™s adoption) eventually realizes that they know a bunch of talented musical theater types and get us a new version.

Below is a link to a long post
On the writers of
Superman the movie 1978
From the DC History club

Two pf the writers
Also wrote the musical

Included are links
To

Some clips from a
recent revival of rhe musical

The ABC version

The music album

An amateur version

1 Like

Batman vs superman dawn of justice
The Dark Knight Rises
Justice League The Flashpoint Paradox

@thg.w.a.2.0.42119 Welcome to the community! :grin:

Iā€™ve sent these latest requests to the team. Thanks, folks!

1 Like

Teen Titans vs Teen Titans Go and '60s Batman

1 Like

While I canā€™t make any guarantees, Iā€™ll pass this request up to the team.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been waiting to see other DC Filmation cartoons, like the first Batman cartoons, Shazam!, and Plasticman, but I was so happy to see the Filmation Aquaman presented with the Teen Titans, Justice League, Hawkman, Green Lantern, The Atom, and Flash episodes included! Now it appears that those are gone from the channel! No more Aqualad, Tusky, Storm, and Imp!
It was bad enough that the Aquaman cartoon didnā€™t come up in a listing of animated shows, thus removing it from most casual viewersā€™ radar - but now it seems to be removed without cause or explanation.
If there is any chance of it returning, perhaps you could restore the original broadcasts of ā€œThe Superman/Aquaman Hour of Adventure.ā€

4 Likes

Just wanted to second this emotion! What is the point of taking it off DC Universe? Especially if it has no new home?

2 Likes

More documentaries. There are a few good ones included in fan dome.

Also, the adventures of super pup and the other Superman serials. The Superman musical television special, as well.

1 Like

All of the wonderful behind the scenes and documentary content shown during DC Fandome is PERFECT for DC Universe!

It should be a complete no brainer for it all to find a home here on the DC Universe App. I hope theyā€™ll see the obvious benefits of it and do it. They should put it on here!

1 Like

It is much more likely
That
at least some of the material
Will go to
Warner Brothers Entertainment
Site

Some of the
Documentaries we have
Are also there

1 Like