MASTER TOPIC: What's NOT on DC Video You'd Like To See? 🍿 Pt II

Although DC Universe only represents a small curation of DC video, we still want to know: What film, television, or other video content do you want to see here? Let us know in the comments below!

Please note: We have created this sequel topic as the original “What’s Not on DC Streaming” topic has a technical glitch that is causing troubles for some users. It remains as an archive of your feedback, and we continue to use it for our reference.

18 Likes

While I understand that this is but a portion of the available materials, I think that the entirety of at least the animated material should be here on DC Universe.

31 Likes

@prismchild1 do you mean animated in terms of series or in terms of films? Because a good portion of animated series are on here already.

2 Likes

I’d like to see “The Zeta Project” tv series and the “Gotham Girls” webtoon added to the service.

23 Likes

Agreeing with Pollster, I’d like “Steel” and “Secrets of Isis” on here if possible

8 Likes

A handful of ideas that I apologize if I’m repeating.

• Supergirl (1984), particularly the Director’s Cut. If I remember correctly (my DVD isn’t in good shape), it makes quite a bit more sense out of a movie that was over-edited.
  • The movie serials, especially those that aren’t easy to find otherwise, like Hop Harrigan (1946), The Vigilante (1947), and Congo Bil (1948). I mean, plus the Batman and Superman stories, but I half-assume that anybody who wants to watch these already owns copies…
  • The various “webisodes” from the assorted TV shows, such as the “Chronicles” shorts (2003–2008?) spinning off from Smallville and the Arrowverse’s Blood Rush (2013), Chasing Lightning (2014), and Chronicles of Cisco (2016). It’s possible that they’re still needed for DVD sales, but since that seems like an increasingly-niche market, they’re not streaming anywhere else (even though it would make perfect sense to stream them alongside the episodes), and their original websites are (from what I can tell on a superficial check) dead.
  • Human Target (1992), though I can also see the case for ritually burying it in the woods and vowing to never speak of it again.
  • Oh, and Watchmen (2019), but that’s just personal selfishness of not wanting to get HBO (or HBO Max) for what’s likely to just be the one show…

I also kind of want a new video of someone explaining the 90-day rule and other licensing agreements, but I admit that might be seen by some as petty…

8 Likes

Yes, actually…although I wouldn’t be opposed to seeing more live action series like Black Lightning or Arrow either

7 Likes

There is a section of Superfriends episodes missing from the collection. I guess it would technically be from ‘season 3’. They are the from the first half hour of the show during the Challenge of the Superfriends episodes.

Examples:
Rokan: Enemy From Space
The Demons of Exxor
etc etc

9 Likes

Sadly we won’t be getting the CW shows as they still have an agreement with Netflix.

3 Likes

Will you be getting the cw dc shows at all ? I know Netflix has a contract but unless it says they can’t stream anywhere else I don’t see why we cant get them here too the entire multiverse right here on the DC universe seems more fitting

8 Likes

Given the contract was signed much later after the shows aired I don’t think licensing has anything to do with it licensing would be done as it was made one would think but regardless I think this quarantine time would be a great time to sit down and work out how to get more DC shows and movies to the universe

2 Likes

These licensing agreements were made prior to the creation of DC Universe. These agreements are locked in. Maybe when the licensing deal expires they might be able to but for now these agreements must be honored or there could be legal issues much like what’s going on with Starz and MGM:

I would love the CW shows on here, sure, but we have to be realistic about the legal matters surrounding this. It’s not a question of “why don’t they just do this already?!”, it’s about hopefully waiting for whatever deal Netflix has in place to expire and taking it from there (if it’s possible. Maybe Netflix gets first dibs on renewing that deal. I dunno)

2 Likes

No one is streaming beware the Batman so i dont know who has rights to it but I’d like to watch it again. I’m not even sure if HBO Max will have it.

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure that agreement ends next year.

1 Like

Has the Suicide squad hell to play been added to stream?

1 Like

It has but it was rotated out. I’m sure it’ll be back.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @Pep :+1:

1 Like

18 posts were merged into an existing topic: MASTER TOPIC: What Do You Like About DC Universe? And What Would You Change?

How can you be sure?

Last year it was confirmed that the CW didn’t renew their deal with Netflix @Sean-Malloy

3 Likes