MASTER TOPIC: Submit All Questions About Full Digital Comic Library Here!

Everbody else have coverd questions I have so far but I just want to say…

THANK YOU D.C.!!!

Im in for life now :grin::grin::grin:

5 Likes

The only comment / question / something to think about generically, be that digital comics, traditional television, film or streaming media is that the DCU app/website or whatevs is basically the Batman channel. All Batman. All the time. 24/7 Batman like DC doesnt have anything else. Titans, Doom Patrol, Swamp Thing, Young Justice, Star Girl: These are good to see. Up until recently, I didn’t know that DCU had anything other than Batman.

3 Likes

Will this also include back issues that DC has acquired from others, specifically Fawcett (Shazam!/Captain Marvel), Quality (Plastic Man), and Charlton (Blue Beetle, The Question, Captain Atom)?

11 Likes

I have a small suggestion; currently, you can search for either individual comic issues, or series. I propose a third option; story-arcs, or creator runs.

Let’s say I wanted to read Batman: Year One; I would have to look up what issues of “Batman (1940-)” cover Year One, and either hope they come up in the search, or hunt for them in the long, long list of comics (this will be even more complicated for story-arcs that cross over with other titles, like The Button, Superman Reborn, or Super Sons of Tomorrow). If they were compiled in a story-arc search, I could access/download them all easily.

Then there’s creator runs. Alan Moore’s run on Swamp Thing has very little to do with the first 20 issues, but it’s treated as part of the same series, which makes it difficult for people to decide where to start first. Then there’s the Grant Morrison run of Batman, which involves multiple titles and several tie-ins (and the stories in The Black Casebook, which Morrison didn’t write, but are nonetheless important to his run), making it difficult for newcomers unless a reading order is readily available through a Google search.

It’ll be similar to how “Batman’s Greatest Stories” are currently compiled together right now, except it’ll be a permanent part of the search function.

18 Likes

Mae, have you been long time no see

1 Like

Will Crisis on Infinite Earth’s be a part of the full library?

5 Likes

Not a question but I’m very excited about this feature! Huge value added to the app. Hoping the app gets some redesign and stability fixes to help with the reading experience :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If you go to Comixology, you’re going to find there probably are approximately 20,000 issues that DC has digitized .

We’re most probably getting that Library. I’m real sure that’s what this is about …but not the Vertigo, not the other brands like Mad and all that that are on Comixology as well from DC …but the main DC comics plus Doom Patrol and Swamp Thing from Vertigo it’s all going to be here .

5 Likes

Hey Don-El, lots of real-life things happening at the same time not all of them good, no time for comics, but I’ll be getting back to DC Universe and this news is extremely exciting! Can’t wait to dive in in all the goodness we’re getting!

1 Like

Will the complete library include titles featuring DC characters that were not published by DC? If the Fawcett Shazam books are digitized or the Charlton Action Heroes line? What about Image era Wildstorm?

Will it include books published by DC that are not part of the core DC Universe like Camelot 2000 or Ronin? How about Watchmen? Other Vertigo like Swamp Thing or Doom Patrol with a strong DC Universe tie in (like Hellblazer or Sandman) if not Fables, Preacher etc?

Will it include collected editions, single issues or both?

8 Likes

Can you please add the DECU movies, nolan trilogy, CW shows, gotham, and so much more that would make this service more valuable!

4 Likes

I cannot express how excited I am about this update. I’ve felt that I’ve gotten a good value from this app from the start, but this is a new level. I almost feel bad getting this much goodness at this price point. But not bad enough to overcome the elation I’m experiencing. Thank you guys so much for listening to us and giving us an incredible service!

1 Like

Is it going to include characters who are not owned by DC but to whom DC currently has rights? The Masters of the Universe comics for instance.

Will it include the comics based off the Hanna Barbara properties?

2 Likes

I think the most important thing I gotta know is: how did this happen? Until as late as last week it seemed like you were hard line on a 5,000 issue cap with stuff rotating out once you got there. What changed?

8 Likes

They weren’t as hard line as you might think Question. Applejack did say in at least one thread that there was talk of expanding the cap beyond the 5,000 limit in order to keep up weekly additions without rotating titles out.

5 Likes

Will we be able to have comics recommended to us. Like a “you read this, you might like these” section

17 Likes

When can we expect all of the library to start rolling out, and how many comics at a time will be added?

3 Likes

My questions are…

1.) did we time travel to December and it is now my Birthday? Did we time Travel to December 25th and it is Christmas? No can’t be that last one I checked and I already haven’t been NEAR that good this year.

2.) How do you expect me to find time to read so much great stuff. I mean… if I quit my job I can’t still pay for DC Universe… you see the position you put me in?

Ok being serious most of the questions I had others have asked. But I do wonder assuming that all 20,000 will be here in April (How I understood it but don’t know if that has been stated so don’t want to assume) does that mean after that we won’t get the same weekly comic book additions. I mean… I in no way shape or form am going to complain about 20,000 comics, but it was always fun staying up late to see what was added every week. It was like every week was Christmas. Even if it is just 10 comics a week or the like added once the 20,000 are here that would still be fun to look forward to. Although for 20,000 comics I would gladly give it up but my selfish side is hoping we can get both.

Seriously this is awesome news and I love that the people at DC Universe are so clearly listening to what people want.

3 Likes

A personalised comics recommendation function would be great! I’d love to be able to read related comics and stuff whenever I finish reading a comic, so this function would be super helpful!

Will the comics be available on DC Universe forever? Or will they be taken down in the future?

I’m so excited to be able to read all the comics soon! :smiley:

4 Likes

Why did Kate Spencer manhunter comic get removed from the library? I was in the middle of reading it and now I cant. Will there be other smaller comic series apart of the dc library or is it mainly larger comic series?