MASTER TOPIC: Submit All Questions About Full Digital Comic Library Here!

How will this relate to Comixology?

How recent will the library be?

Generally speaking, I am wondering how comprehensive the library will be.

This has the potential to be very exciting.

8 Likes

Subscriber for life!

4 Likes
  1. Will everything release at once or will titles be doled out over time?

2. Assuming you will be continuously adding titles to keep the library complete will newly digitized back list titles (not the current weekly stuff) be added to DCU at the same time its added to ComiXology or will we have to wait?

3. Are there any plans to revisit older titles from the Golden and Silver ages so that the complete issues are represented instead of just the main story (will we ever be able to read all of Action Comics #1 or are only ever going to get the Superman story?

8 Likes

HOLY GODS YES!

1 Like

Does the note regarding comics being at least 12 months old mean that the occasional limited time titles (like a few of the more recent post-Rebirth issues) will no longer happen?

We definitely need filters and categories, like characters, release dates, artists, etc.

16 Likes

When I put down the $80 for the year subscription for this service back when it started, it was kind of on a whim. Since that time, I’ve kicked Amazon Prime to the curb, I’m seriously considering dropping Netflix, and no other streaming service has caught my eye. But through it all, I’ve been stoked with DC Universe, and it just keeps getting better. Keep it up!

10 Likes

You can add me to the lifetime subscriber camp. Would also like to know if there will ever be different prices though.

5 Likes

Oh, but question: will you continue to have the curated collections? I really haven’t kept up with my comic reading, and having those has been really nice for finding the good stuff.

2 Likes

Would love to see all the Amethyst series on DC Universe!

9 Likes

Will this also include Vertigo Comics as well

Yes!!!

Any chance we’ll see Milestone comics here? Hardware, Icon, Static, etc.

1 Like

It would be helpful if after you have read a comic it received a check mark or something to indicate it has been read. I’m very much looking forward to reading the rest of the Injustice comics.

20 Likes

WOW! I mean really wow! I’m just speechless right now. I don’t want to sound like the kid who gets a mustang for his sweet 16 but still cries because it’s red instead of blue but any news on when were getting ps4 xbox or smart tv versions of this app? Maybe you can give us a time frame for when we can expect it? Late 2019? Early 2020?

6 Likes

I also wanted to say thanks to DC. Will the release include the DC comics for kids like teen titans go, Superfriends, etc? I recall reading a past comment in the forums about the need to add better parental controls due to the other more mature content on here.

7 Likes

Are comics still getting rotated out?

8 Likes

Yet another reason you guys are awesome!!!

1 Like

Great news. Have been waiting for this! Ever think about adding an info box in the comic panels to add a more interactive feel? Or a suggested comic to read? Might be cool.

4 Likes

Given the breadth of titles and storylines, is there going to be a way to get a issue “dependencies”. aka “crossover issues”, especially for “saga” storylines.

For example the old Crisis on Infinite Earths (CIE) series had other books each month that had story lines that “filled in pieces” aka dependencies from one issue of CIE to the next issue of CIE. Kirby’s original New Gods/Mr. Miracle/Forever People/Jimmy Olsen-Newsboy Legion run. (So to get the whole story, you needed to pick up the new issue of the 4 titles every week.) There have been a few times when a Supeman storyline would swap between Action Comics and Superman comics so it was a twice-monthly storyline.

These are just a few examples, but, I think you get the point.

3 Likes