March's Community Member of the Month: EDT!

March has arrived, which means it’s time to welcome our newest Community Member of the Month! Say hello to @EDT

What originally got you into DC Comics?

I grew up with the DC animated shows of the 2000s, which was my first exposure to DC. There were a bunch that were airing or playing reruns, but the two that stood out to me were “Teen Titans” and “Static Shock”. Later on when I went off to college (almost 10 years ago…man I feel old!) I ended up checking some actual superhero comics from both DC and Marvel. On the DC side, this would be my first exposure to a variety of books and characters including Supergirl and John Constantine. One book I read which was also my first time reading an event comic was “Blackest Night” which remains a personal favorite of mine. Then things unfolded to today.

Who is your favorite DC character, and why?

Swamp Thing, no question about it. I’ve already did a big tribute post to the character in the Community, so that should be checked out for further details. For now, I’ll say that this is a character I’ve grown a great emotional attachment to. I love the atmosphere and mythology surrounding the character, I’ve felt for him through all of his hardships and cheered for all of his triumphs.

What books are you currently reading?

Oh man, so many books I’m reading! Some of you could probably guess which ones if you’ve read some of my posts. For now though, I’ll put a spotlight on Milestone Comics. I’ve been using the Compendiums to read through the original books and I’ve been consistently entertained. They feel fresh and unique, I’m engaged with everything regardless of who the main focus is. Currently working through the third collection and already impatient for more!

Are you watching any DC movies or shows?

I’ve recently rewatched the animated movie “Batman: Assault on Arkham” with the WAL group in the Community. And yes, I still hardcore ship King Shark and Killer Frost, thanks for asking. Frost Shark for life!

What are you most looking forward to within the DC Universe?

On the comic side, I’m down for whatever the Amazon books have in store! The main Wonder Woman book and Amazons Attack book have surprised and impressed me, I can’t get enough! On the Hollywood side, nothing that big in the immediate future. Still holding out hope that Joker 2 ends up being as good as I want it to be.

What books would you recommend to the DC Community?

• Swamp Thing (1982-1996)
  • Poison Ivy (Current Ongoing)
  • Lucifer (2000-2006)
  • Wonder Woman (2016-2023)
  • The Question (1986-2010)
  • Green Lanterns (2016-2018)
  • Justice League Dark (2018-2021)
  • The Spectre (1992-1998)
  • Gotham City Sirens (2010-2011)
  • Flex Mentallo (1996)
  • Raven: Daughter of Darkness (2018-2019)
  • Superman/Shazam!: First Thunder (2005-2006

Congrats to March’s Community Member of the Month, @EDT! :clap:

30 Likes

raf,360x360,075,t,fafafa_ca443f4786

vindication-revenge

tangled-flynn-riuder

excited-fuego

20240301_073525

And now, obviously…

25 Likes

Congrats @EDT

I didn’t realize this was up for two days lol

19 Likes

It wasnt! It was just in draft form, hidden away:wink:

19 Likes

Hahahaha I love this response so much

18 Likes

Congrats @EDT!

18 Likes

Congrats @EDT ! :partying_face: It’s good to have you here.

18 Likes

Well that’s a great way to start the month. Congrats @EDT! Can’t wait to check out your recommendations.

17 Likes

Congratulations, @EDT! Very well-deserved! I love Swamp Thing too. :st_swamp_thing2:

17 Likes

Congrats @EDT! Well deserved choice. I’ve enjoy reading your comments and still need to reply to all the Doctor Who content. I just haven’t had the time to go back and look at every season but I wanted to add my thoughts on your thoughts one day lol

16 Likes

I have mentally replied to your posts lol some of the things you loved, I didn’t or the episodes I Loved you were like … Eh haha I loved the Rosa Parks episode

15 Likes

congrats dude! a well deserved win @EDT

15 Likes

Congrats, @EDT! :tada:

15 Likes

Congratulation @EDT for being the newest member of the month! Awesome book picks! :smiley:

14 Likes

Congrats, @EDT ! Your analysis posts are always great reads! Props on the Flex Mentallo pick!

15 Likes

Congratulations @EDT! :partying_face:

14 Likes

Congrats @EDT :purple_heart::+1:

14 Likes

Congratulations @EDT! Well-Deserved!

12 Likes

CONGRATS @EDT!!!

Completely deserved

14 Likes

Congrats @EDT !

14 Likes