Main reason you're subscribed to DC Universe

This is basically rewatching my childhood. There hasn’t been a year where there wasn’t a dc show at some point in my life. 1998!

The draw for me was the original shows and that’s why I initially subbed but now its the whole danged package. I love that they are expanding the comics library and the community here is the best online communities I’ve been a part of in literally years. The latter is the really amazing part about this app. for me coming from other sites whose forums are pretty toxic fan environments to be in to be honest. The people here are really good people and the mods are the best.

2 Likes

*Community (can’t wait for that edit function)

2 Likes

The reason I pre-ordered was for an Unlimited comics library akin to Marvel’s, which you know I’m super stoked we are finally getting. The reason I will remain subscribed is for that, but also because of this amazing community and the truly top-notch original content.

1 Like

I love DC! I will support DC no matter what!

5 Likes

The original shows and the classic shows/movies. I knew from the start that movies would be hit or miss and this service was more relying on the original new content.

1 Like

Isn’t she the only reason?

tiffany2-640x340-1406085764.jpg

5 Likes

For me it’s the movies and the shows. I have to be honest I think the comics are a cool bonus but I’m not a digital comic or regular book guy.

2 Likes

Wanted to watch Titans after seeing the advertisement.

1 Like

My reason is much like woodson’s above. I will support DC always. I feel that having their comics got me through one of the worst periods of my life. I could see these wonderful characters still trying given all the obstacles thrown at them. They never gave up. When the app was announced, I always knew I would be on it. When I heard they were doing a Titans series and then that Donna Troy would appear, I ran, not walked, to getting it when the pre-order came up. I haven’t regretted this purchase since! This is definitely a community of people I love and respect.

2 Likes

There’s just so many reasons. The comics, the classic shows, the original content, the top tier community, quick access to news… it’s really hard to narrow it down, honestly.

2 Likes

Original shows, as a whole they have been surprisingly good. I think it’s very important for the brand to have its own Public Relations machine for promotion and self preservation of the brand when needed.

1 Like

Came for Titans, stayed for Doom Patrol!

2 Likes

20,000 DC comics at my fingertips adds nicely to the service. We have some excellent story tellers on here, authors and artist. DC Daily concerning everything you need to know in The universe with some playful banter.

4 Likes

Exclusive and original content. Also I would buy every movie that comes out from DC but now they are on this service , so I’m saving money!

3 Likes

I planned to only sign on when swamp thing was released. I never bought a streaming service before so I was hesitant but I love swamp thing so much. Then Doom Patrol comes out of nowhere for me and I just had to see it. I got the 7 day trial. Watched doom patrol. Fell in love. But then I fell in love with the massive comic library. There were so many books I never got to read. Now I’m reading books I’ve never expected to even look at. After that it just keep steam rolling to me liking all the content they keep putting out. Also I really ended up loving the forums. I have been a member of lots of Internet forums and they were all terrible and toxic so I left them. This is the only community I actually enjoy commenting and seeing what others post. So really it started with an interest in Doom Patrol and then I realized how much I enjoyed the whole package.

3 Likes

I came for comics was sorely disappointed kept it for my wife so she could watch Titans. Then doom patrol, I was waiting for Harley Quinn but swamp thing is something we are both excited about. Now that they have finally added some books I think it’s pretty cool.

I joined for all the animated series and movies. I can watch them over and over.

The comics . But I love the original shows . They’re doing a great job .

1 Like

I came in excited about the comics but was quickly disappointed. Then came the decision to become (basically) DC Unlimited :grin::grin::grin:. Now I couldn’t be more pleased with the service.

I do really enjoy all the video content on the service and the fact that DCAU movies are released here same day as DVD but the comics are what keep me around.

2 Likes